Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    The Seahawks let Antonio Bryant go. Might he be a possibility for the Vikings? Comments, anyone?
    Antonio Bryant should have been out of the league 4 years ago, not sure how he's still even around.

Those two 1,000+ yard receiving seasons were flukes.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I would love to see this FO do something that is not reactive. My god, we just lost our 3rd / 2nd WR. What are we doing about it? It's not like we are the Pack or Pats. We had a barren roster to start with. Can we stop trying to convince our selves that having 1 WR to fill each role is a good idea? Its horrendous and one of the reason we have had a terrible passing game for damn near 8 years now (minus 2009). You need talent at the WR position. until we realize this, we won't get anywhere. We need to start investing draft picks higher than a 4th on WRs to be able to compete. Get me Plaxico on the phone!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    His knees are awful. Just using size at this point.

MrFlix is offline Training Camp Dynamite Blast 2 Champion
    The offence has become tougher with the drafts but losing Greg Childs has put our WR in a very vulnerable position right now.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Gary Baxter tells injured Viking Greg Childs: Ive been there

Childs joined an unfortunate fraternity that includes not only Baxter but also former Bears receiver Wendell Davis

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Greg Childs vows to return from pair of knee injuries

Greg Childs might be determined to come back, but physical reality and football history will be stacked against him.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Damn this sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing this kid play for us. Now it looks like Jenkins is going to be our "big man" receiver. Well, it looks like we'll have to wait til the 2013 NFL Draft to address receiver again (Robert Woods out of USC anybody?) unless the front office makes a bold trade for Mike Wallace.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

Childs wasn't going to be the guy you crave this year in any event. If you want a guarantee stud at WR, you have to pay the cash in FA. I don't think that is the right move with where this team is at. We need to be able to develop a few WR's through the draft.

Jenkins gets bagged on way too much. He is a reliable possession receiver that has a lot of value to a guy like Ponder who needs to be able to trust his recievers. That is if he can stay healthy.
    You have no way of knowing how good Childs was going to be this year. It doesn't take much of a WR to be an upgrade over our WR corps outside of Harvin & Simpson. Forget Jenkins. He has the size but lacks the speed. Hell, he's even slower than he was last year before the injury & he was slow when healthy.

You want us to develop some WR's from the draft, but yet when we lose one of those top prospects, you say no big deal. Spielman screwed the pooch in not drafting a tall WR earlier in the draft. Surely there was some out there between the Kalil pick & Jarius Wright.

I don't mind the Wright pick, but a 5-10 WR isn't going to go up top & snatch too many balls.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Between Harvin, Rudolph, Jenkins, Simpson, an improved OL and another year on Ponder, I would expect to see significant improvement in our passing game. Nothing to get crazy about, but a a significant improvement.
    Again, I'd be taking Jenkins out of that equation.

Jenkins is the wild card. Hes 30, spent the last five weeks of 2011 on injured reserve with a torn meniscus and will be owed $2.5 million if hes still on the roster opening day.

..with Simpson out those first three games, Jenkins would provide veteran stability and a familiar target. Ponder and Jenkins connected 16 times for 268 yards and a touchdown in six games last season. That said, Jenkins looked slow during stretches of camp. Hes either not fully recovered from knee surgery or age is simply catching up.
    Who then are our top 2 WR's over 6'?
    Last edited by singersp; 08-10-2012 at 06:54 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234