Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Now we have no big body target.. The vikes was secretly counting on him to step up and play opposite Jerome Simpson, and move percy back to slots for a Big 3 WRs.. he had all the talent.. but has glass bones.
    Well if you knew about it, it wasn't much of a secret.

Looks like for the first 4 weeks of the season, we're stuck with Jenkins as our big guy again until Simpson's suspension is over.

Perhaps with all the hype we've heard about Burton this offseason, they'll play him instead, althogh he's 6'1" & Jenkins is 6'-4".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Not the end of the world, Vikings fans. F.O. took a flyer on an injury risk WR who was never completely healthy after his 2010 injury. Guy hadn't really shined at camp anyway (lots of drops), and might not have even made the 53 man roster except because he was a 4th round pick with unknown upside. Harvin and Simpson remain our #1 and #2 WRs, and I'm sure someone like Jenkins is perfectly capable of stepping up during the first three weeks when Simpson is suspended. So we lost our second 4th round draft choice...so what? Maybe this will open up a spot for Arceneaux...
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I still yawn at all this receiver talk. Gonna be a bad season at WR no matter what we do. Let's just settle in for the alligator arm, pass dropping, route missing circus.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Not the end of the world, Vikings fans. F.O. took a flyer on an injury risk WR who was never completely healthy after his 2010 injury. Guy hadn't really shined at camp anyway (lots of drops), and might not have even made the 53 man roster except because he was a 4th round pick with unknown upside....

iowa is offline Rookie
    Too bad, it's got to be devastating to have your dream crushed before it began.Football gods must still be pissed at the Vikes over the Favre deal.
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I still yawn at all this receiver talk. Gonna be a bad season at WR no matter what we do. Let's just settle in for the alligator arm, pass dropping, route missing circus.
    Bring back Troy Williamson.....

...it can't be any WORSE....

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Bring back Troy Williamson.....

...it can't be any WORSE....

Caine

According to Marrdro, if a player is drafted in the first round he is certainly talented enough to succeed. If he doesn't succeed, it's poor coaching.

So we'd need to get a new receivers coach too.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    First thing that came to mind for me, when I read about Child's injury was, AP. I hope AP isn't pushing his recovery to hard right now, I'de hate to see the same type of outcome for him also. I Believe Childs was only about a year into his recovery also, even though it's been stated he was at 100%. As for Childs himself, yea it sucks for us, but even more so for a young man with a long future ahead of him. Hope he heals well and has a long prosperous future...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Well, it's official - the team cut Greg Childs today.

Vikings waive Greg Childs | ProFootballTalk

Two days after fourth-round wideout Greg Childs suffered a pair of torn patella tendons during a training-camp scrimmage, the Vikings have waived him. His roster spot has been filled by rookie wideout A.J. Love.

(cont...)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast