Greenways contract.....

The Vikes have got to renegotiate Greenways contract so they can free up 4 or 5 more million. Right now they just under 28 million. They do have enough to make a couple decent moves but landing a big name like Verner,Davis or Byrd,they wil need a few more dollars to play with so they can still grab 1 or 2 mid level FAs like Soliai,Walker,Carroll etc. But I think this is another must for the front office to get done,soon..

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I am sure it has come up already. Not sure if Greenway is starting to slow down, or if it was a result of poor play at the other 2 LB positions. Time will tell.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I am sure it has come up already. Not sure if Greenway is starting to slow down, or if it was a result of poor play at the other 2 LB positions. Time will tell.
    I know he was playing with a fractured wrist or something... but at 8mil.... he's extremely overpaid... Has been since he signed that ridiculous contract... his production has not warranted the high dollar value...

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Matter fact, now that I think of it... have we EVER asked anyone to renegotiate other than Carlson last year??

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Greenways contract.....

KW did last year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I know he was playing with a fractured wrist or something... but at 8mil.... he's extremely overpaid... Has been since he signed that ridiculous contract... his production has not warranted the high dollar value...
    Yes he was playing with a fractured wrist at the beginning. It just seems besides the poor tackling, he was out of position a lot as well. That's why I don't know if it is because he is slowing down, or because the other two LB positions were horrible? I hope they do ask him to restructure as he is not worth that kind of money.

On a side note, I could also see them cutting him. If they target Kalil Mack in the draft, along with Mauti and Hodges already on the staff, they will have a nice young and talented LB crew.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    On a side note, I could also see them cutting him. If they target Kalil Mack in the draft, along with Mauti and Hodges already on the staff, they will have a nice young and talented LB crew.
    They wouldn't miss him with all those other great linebackers they have!