Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Greenway walking without crutches

KFFL
    Vikings | Greenway walking without crutches
    Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:49:03 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Chad Greenway (knee) is walking without crutches and has started pool-related exercises. Greenway underwent surgery in August to repair a torn ACL in his left knee. Greenway estimated he could be ready for action by January. However, he is currently on Injured Reserve and not eligible to return for the rest of the 2006 season. Greenway said he had lost 15 pounds at one point and is now back to 231 pounds, 11 pounds less than his normal 242-pound frame.

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

Re: Greenway walking without crutches

i wish him the best of luck with his recovery and i look forward to seeing him progress for years to come!
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

goldseedlbg is offline Training Camp

what a waste of a 1st round pick. we should have taken manny lawson. we have no speed on the edges. that is why we have a grand total of 3 sacks in 3 games.

Prophet Guest

"goldseedlbg" wrote:
    what a waste of a 1st round pick. we should have taken manny lawson. we have no speed on the edges. that is why we have a grand total of 3 sacks in 3 games.
    Injuries happen.
    Waste of a pick?
    Come on, think a little.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

That is promising news.

goldseedlbg is offline Training Camp

we need speed on our defense. every qb we faced had all day to throw on us. i am not mad he is hurt, because we should not have picked in the first place. manny lawson has 2 sacks our defense has a total of 3.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"goldseedlbg" wrote:
    Think a little before you post. Manny Lawson is not suited to play end in the NFL or play Linebacker in the cover 2. I watched Manny's entire career.. He is best suited to play a 3-4 defense at pass rushing linebacker, alike to what terrell suggs plays with the Ravens. He would be pretty much useless on our defense and we would be wasting his ability in my mind.

[Greenway said he had lost 15 pounds at one point and is now back to 231 pounds, 11 pounds less than his normal 242-pound frame.

[/quote]

Gee, I wish I had that problem. I lay around and do nothing, I gain 15 pounds. I guess it comes down to muscle versus fat. :-

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"goldseedlbg" wrote:
    believe me, those numbers will go up, and they'd be better if erasmus wasnt already out

even if we dont have that many sacks, watch how often we flush the QB

plus greenway will be a great addition once he's healthy again

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"goldseedlbg" wrote:
    we need speed on our defense. every qb we faced had all day to throw on us. i am not mad he is hurt, because we should not have picked in the first place. manny lawson has 2 sacks our defense has a total of 3.
    What are you kidding me?

Napoleon Harris 4.75 40 yard dash. JULIUS PEPPERS 4.74. That 1/100th of a secont different from Julius Peppers, we used a first round draft pick to get speed on the edge last year(on both sides of the ball actually).

EJ runs a 4.65, Napo a 4.54.

Manny Lawson ran a 4.48, but I really do not think he is anything special. We solidified our final LB spot by taking Greenway, I think it was a great pick, say what you want about him, but I guarantee he has a better career than Manny Lawson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast