umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Greenway vs. Hawk - Vikings/Packers rivalry rejuvenated

With Culpepper gone and Farve on the decline, it seems the headline for the Packers/Viking rivalry will be hiped off of the two #1 pick linebackers from both teams. Both the Packers and the Vikings, not to mention the Bears, have made considerable move to upgrade their defenses. Do you people think the Hawk/Greenway focus will live up to its hype?

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Greenway vs. Hawk - Vikings/Packers rivalry rejuvenated

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    With Culpepper gone and Farve on the decline, it seems the headline for the Packers/Viking rivalry will be hiped off of the two #1 pick linebackers from both teams. Both the Packers and the Vikings, not to mention the Bears, have made considerable move to upgrade their defenses. Do you people think the Hawk/Greenway focus will live up to its hype?
    I don't think Greenway will ever be a Headline-grabber. Look at Keith Brooking, who he's compared to, he makes the pro bowl every year, and still half of the NFL fans don't even know who he is.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

and ernie simms, who went higher than greenway. we have a good rivalry going considering the 2006 draft linebacker trio.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

As long as the Vikes come out on top, I don't care who is considered the center piece of the rivalry..

Yeah, as long as we win! I acctually think that the packer-viking rivalry will now be fueled by the losses of packer players to us!
    :lol:

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

haha yeah, sharper last year now longwell, sup packers

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I don't care what player does what, as long as we beet the Pack twice.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    I don't think Greenway will ever be a Headline-grabber. Look at Keith Brooking, who he's compared to, he makes the pro bowl every year, and still half of the NFL fans don't even know who he is.
    I'd still love to have a player of Brooking's calibre in our linebacking corps!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    I think you're misconstrueing the point of the entire rivalry. It isn't about player match-ups...never has been. It's about Green Bay versus Minnesota and, by proxy, Wisconsin versus Minnesota. It's a natural spin off of the College rivalry realized in the Pro game. If Wisconsin had a Pro-Hockey team (Although this last season begs to question the Pro status of The Wild...), the rivalry would appear there too.

There is no hype about Greenway versus Rocky Dennis...err... A.J. Hawk. The ONLY time I saw player-versus player hype was Hovan-versus-favre, and that was ENTIRELY media fueled. Even the PLAYERS weren't buying into it.

So, regardless of who is wearing what color, this rivalry will remain as it has always been....intense. I have in my years joined forces with both Bears and Lions fans in our mutual dislike of Packers...I can't see EVER teaming up with Packer fans (Unless there's free beer involved...and then it's only until the beer is gone) against another team.

Caine