Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Greenway status?

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    I go to College with a kid who is from Mt. Vernon (Greenway's hometown) and he said that a couple weeks ago he and Greenway were both back for the Alumni Basketball Game. I guess Greenway was dunking over people, and running really well. So, I'm thinking that if he was even cleared to play in a game like that (much less be dunking all over), that his knee is feeling pretty good!
    That's good to hear, but I would hate to have him injure himself playing basketball before the season starts.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

kingjames99 is offline Rookie

From ESPN Insider:

Recovering LB Chad Greenway, the Vikings' first-round pick in 2006, is expected to be ready for the team's first minicamp of the offseason. Head coach Brad Childress said that, if anything, the team has had to hold him back from ramping up too aggressively.
    Greenway sustained a season-ending knee injury in the preseason opener.
    "Purple s a fruit." – Homer J. Simpson

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    I go to College with a kid who is from Mt. Vernon (Greenway's hometown) and he said that a couple weeks ago he and Greenway were both back for the Alumni Basketball Game. I guess Greenway was dunking over people, and running really well. So, I'm thinking that if he was even cleared to play in a game like that (much less be dunking all over), that his knee is feeling pretty good!
    That's good to hear, but I would hate to have him injure himself playing basketball before the season starts.
    The Vikings need to tell him NOT to be playing basketball....we need him for the season!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"gohawksgovikes" wrote:
    Th injury at Iowa was the other knee, and he came back better than ever and TERRORIZED the big ten for 2 more years, he will be fine.
    Greenway hasn't shown me jack! squat! nada!

Oh yeah, he hasn't played!

Seriously I can't wait to see him in action this year. The debate last year was his speed.
    I'm anxious to see if he has the speed.I know he has everything else.

I'm a little more concerned about James than Greenway. They had to go back in to do what Childress called a minor procedure. If they had to go back in,something wasn't right.
    I just hope it was a free floating body or a little ragged meniscus that needed cleaned up. Any thing else could be cause for concern.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234