Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Greenway Shines For Vikings Defense Again

So far this season, Greenway has been credited with 37 tackles, which puts him on pace for another career high this season – 197 tackles. And Greenway is neutralizing perhaps the only criticism one could levy against him – a lack of “splash” plays. Greenway now has the 2.0 sacks as well as 3 passes defensed.
    Vikings Blog | Greenway Shines For Vikings Defense Again

Hmmm, wonder if anyone wants to say that JA is the only one on this team worth watching.

Also wonder if anyone questions Chad's range/ability to pass defend. When he gets to drop back into his zone, he usually gets the job done.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    IMHO Greenway has been the only good linebacker we've had this year. With Henderson out yesterday things seem to have improved. Maybe they should keep him on the bench.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    +1. I don't think Greenway was any better but I did notice the LB's looked much better without a Henderson in there.

Our Dline, even minus a warpig, was pressuring all day and making them look better too.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    +1. I don't think Greenway was any better but I did notice the LB's looked much better without a Henderson in there.

Our Dline, even minus a warpig, was pressuring all day and making them look better too.
    Didn't our warpig block a FG?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Greenway Shines For Vikings Defense Again

I don't think we have a warpig.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Pro bowler, nuff said.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I don't think we have a warpig.
    We don't, but as I said in another thread......

The way the D-coord rotated Rob, Griff, Ballard and Guion (with K-dubb mixed into that group) really made me start to rethink the "War Pig" requirement.

It also made me even more steadfast that JA isn't helping much as you notice, he wasn't in that group.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

The way the D-coord rotated Rob, Griff, Ballard and Guion (with K-dubb mixed into that group) really made me start to rethink the "War Pig" requirement.

It also made me even more steadfast that JA isn't helping much as you notice, he wasn't in that group.

ALL RIGHT. THAT'S IT. I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH!!! Either you were in the closet waaaaaay to long, or this is a marrdro imposter.

(Although I don't know if there is anyone willing to take that role.)
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

THat's what I've been telling you ever since Phat Pat retired. The C2 D by design really doesn't need a 'warpig'. It's supposed to rely on four athletic linemen who can play gap defense first, then rush the passer secondary. Our linebackers cover their hook zones and fill remaining gaps.

With Pat we had a great pass rush. Without Pat, we've had a great pass rush. Our lack of a nosetackle hasn't made much of a difference. We had a top-notch Run D (bottom notch pass D) a couple years, and it's been slipping ever since. What has improved is our pass D. Despite our talent level decreasing, our pass defense has improved.

Blog Entries

I had rethought it way before that and tried unsuccessfully to make you see the light. Glad to see you came over to the dark side. Now, we just need to get you on board with the notion of a secondary that can actually contest the passing game and not just appease the QB and let them complete their passed without a fight and rely on trying to make the tackle as your primary responsibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast