Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Greenway says Vikings need to just keep playing

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings need to just keep playing, linebacker Chad Greenway says[/size]

Close-knit team could turn season around

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 10/31/2007 12:09:02 AM CDT

As a second-year player, Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway said he looks to his veteran teammates when it comes to dealing with the frustration of the team's 2-5 start.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Greenway says Vikings need to just keep playing

Keep playing the way they have?

Hmmmmmm.......

Do football players have to memorize a book of boring, uncontroversial bull crap to say? "We just need to execute....."
    "We just need to keep playing...." "There's good things happening, we just need to eliminate the bad."
    Translation:
    "We can't throw, catch or defend the pass" "Although there is no chance of making the playoffs, we have 9 games left" and "We can run and stop the run, we just need to have a passing game and not give up 300 yards to any NFL QB that faces us."
    How is any of this worth a damn newspaper article anyways (no offense, Singer)? Just type out the jaw flappings of our terrible coach and some corn fed linebacker? Sounds like a cake job. And as for the season turning around, what's the point? We did it in 2005 only to miss the playoffs and this team is missing Tice (chilly makes Tice look like an offensive guru), a good Brad Johnson, Burleson, Robinson, Robinson, Taylor and Wiggins. Let em collapse so we can get a real coach and a real QB.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"There's good things happening. You need to eliminate the bad things, and generally things will end up swinging back to you."
    1+1=2

"We know it's a long season, and things can turn around quick. The Giants started 0-2 and now they're 6-2. There's no reason that can't happen here."How about any of our QB is Manning? or any of our Wr is Plaxico Burress?

El underdog.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Sports have all the obvious phrases, but it's so painfully true... You have to keep playing until things start to improve execution wise. As Birk said "we gotta keep choppin' wood"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Do football players have to memorize a book of boring, uncontroversial bull crap to say? "We just need to execute....."
    "We just need to keep playing...." "There's good things happening, we just need to eliminate the bad."
    Translation:
    "We can't throw, catch or defend the pass" "Although there is no chance of making the playoffs, we have 9 games left" and "We can run and stop the run, we just need to have a passing game and not give up 300 yards to any NFL QB that faces us."
    How is any of this worth a gol 'darnit newspaper article anyways (no offense, Singer)? Just type out the jaw flappings of our terrible coach and some corn fed linebacker? Sounds like a cake job. And as for the season turning around, what's the point? We did it in 2005 only to miss the playoffs and this team is missing Tice (chilly makes Tice look like an offensive guru), a good Brad Johnson, Burleson, Robinson, Robinson, Taylor and Wiggins. Let em collapse so we can get a real coach and a real QB.
    Ever saw the movie "Bull Durham"?

Comeon, what are you looking for?
    Crap like TO and Shockey put out so you can see a Viking on Sportscenter or something?

Additionally, what ever made you think they were gonna make the playoffs this year?

Was it because they said they were gonna try to develop a raw QB that is so raw he probably shouldn't even be a backup NFL QB let alone starting yet?

Was it the Rookies and second year players on Defense (Griff, McCauley, Edwards, Robison etc) that made you believe they were gonna turn around the pass defense issues?

Was it the Rookies and second year players on Offense (TJ, AD, Cook, Rice etc etc) that made you think they were gonna be a juggernaught on offense?

Hell, I think I know, it was AD, they guy no one thought was gonna make it through the year without getting hurt, let alone play cause his shoulder wasn't properly healed.

JEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ LUUUUEEEEEZZZZZZ
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Translation:
    How is any of this worth a gol 'darnit newspaper article anyways (no offense, Singer)? Just type out the jaw flappings of our terrible coach and some corn fed linebacker? Sounds like a cake job. And as for the season turning around, what's the point? We did it in 2005 only to miss the playoffs and this team is missing Tice (chilly makes Tice look like an offensive guru), a good Brad Johnson, Burleson, Robinson, Robinson, Taylor and Wiggins. Let em collapse so we can get a real coach and a real QB.

Crap like TO and Shockey put out so you can see a Viking on Sportscenter or something?

Additionally, what ever made you think they were gonna make the playoffs this year?

Was it because they said they were gonna try to develop a raw QB that is so raw he probably shouldn't even be a backup NFL QB let alone starting yet?

Was it the Rookies and second year players on Defense (Griff, McCauley, Edwards, Robison etc) that made you believe they were gonna turn around the pass defense issues?

Was it the Rookies and second year players on Offense (TJ, AD, Cook, Rice etc etc) that made you think they were gonna be a juggernaught on offense?

Hell, I think I know, it was AD, they guy no one thought was gonna make it through the year without getting hurt, let alone play cause his shoulder wasn't properly healed.

;D

No I knew we weren't gonna make the SB this year, but I did expect us to be better, I still do. I really thought we'd be better on offense, and defense with all the young talent we have.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Translation:

;D

No I knew we weren't gonna make the SB this year, but I did expect us to be better, I still do. I really thought we'd be better on offense, and defense with all the young talent we have.
    I actually had us tied (9-7) and tied with the Lions.
    Go figure, however, stuff like this just trips me off a bit.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

WTF Marrdro, what did you think? We'd just curl up in the fetal postion this season since we are rebuilding? I want us to win games, not make excuses every friggin week.

Greenway better learn how to cover and tackle or he wont be in the NFL long.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Translation:

;D

I actually had us tied (9-7) and tied with the Lions.
    Go figure, however, stuff like this just trips me off a bit.

;D
    I agree Marrdro, I thought we'd be better than 6-10, and win atleast 8 games this year. It's still a possibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast