Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Greenway ready to play for Vikings

I was disappointed not to see him play this year but, from what I've read, his work ethic can't be faulted. Like VikesfaninWis said he's done the study and put time into learning it. He might not have the playing time in but a lot of the schemes could almost be second nature.
    Looking forward to seeing take to the field and really help step the D up another notch.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Perch56" wrote:
    i think it was childress's fault that chad got hurt. who puts there 1st round pick at wedgebuster. i believe chad is going to have a huge year and make some big plays for the vikes.
    Yey and nay,
    that is probably where he was going to start the season, maybe not at wedgebuster, but contributing on special teams.
    I don't think that he was a starter at LB right from the start.
    Special teams was probably going to be where he made his contribution until he worked his way to starting at LB.

Childress can't play paddy-cake with these players, they are getting paid to contribute to the team.
    It is Chilly's job to find out where these players are going to play.
    Preseason is the first chance to really see these guys compete in a game situation.
    It is just unfortunate that his injury happened in preseason.

I am not trying to say that you are wrong, just trying to add a different perspective.

It must have been the 6 or 7 years ago, I remember the cards came to us in the preseason and lost 3 WRs in the game to knee injuries on the metrodome turf.
    Maybe it was 2 WRs and a special teams guy. but it was 3 players.
    Is it better just to start the season!
    Injuries are accidents, nobody wants them to happen.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

From what I've heard, Chad's fiery demeanor and work ethic would nearly force you to put him in somewhere, and there were starting LBs above him last year...

Knees are very important and take time to heal.
    We're lucky it happened in the first preseason game, cuz he is now nearly a whole year into his recovery!
    Hopefully the time off gave him a good study break and intensified his desire to contribute!!
    And, if he can stay healthy this year, the knees should be even better next!

Thing is, he's not replacing Napo, but EJ...and EJ, Napo.
    Our last look at EJ in the middle wasn't great...I seem to recall him running past the RB into the backfield, when he could have nailed him at the line, almost like his eyes were closed.
    Here's to hoping his experience outside will help him in the middle, AND help Greenway adjust to game speed quickly!!!!

SKOL!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

I think Greenway will be a fine addition to our defense.
    I have a hard time faulting Childress for having him in on special teams last preseason.
    He had to get him on the field somehow.
    He needed to evaluate his play.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Perch56" wrote:
    i think it was childress's fault that chad got hurt. who puts there 1st round pick at wedgebuster. i believe chad is going to have a huge year and make some big plays for the vikes.
    I like it when someone blames Childress. Its like it is a secret code for My opinion is worthless because I don't know what I'm talking about...Happy Camper
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    From what I've heard, Chad's fiery demeanor and work ethic would nearly force you to put him in somewhere, and there were starting LBs above him last year...

We're lucky it happened in the first preseason game, cuz he is now nearly a whole year into his recovery!
    Hopefully the time off gave him a good study break and intensified his desire to contribute!!

Our last look at EJ in the middle wasn't great...I seem to recall him running past the RB into the backfield, when he could have nailed him at the line, almost like his eyes were closed.
    Here's to hoping his experience outside will help him in the middle, AND help Greenway adjust to game speed quickly!!!!

SKOL!!
    Keep in mind that EJ has been improving every year, and his first year as MLB was his first year as a full time starter.
    I fully expect him to play at least as well as he did last year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:

SKOL!!
    If you put it that way, he has big shoes to fill. EJ had a great season last year. Hopefully he will be at the same level as Hawk and Sims, who he will always be compared to. Both of those guys had stellar rookie campaigns.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

SKOL!!
    Keep in mind that EJ has been improving every year, and his first year as MLB was his first year as a full time starter.
    I fully expect him to play at least as well as he did last year.
    Lets not forget it his first crack was in a different scheme that really didn't suite his talents.
    I think he will do fine in me Minn Cover 2 for which he is ideally suited.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/henderson_ej
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"V" wrote:
    The only question I have about our defense is depth. We look a bit thin at CB in particular. Otherwise I'm just loving all thestarters. I have full confidence in Udeze and James, and I doubt Edwards will have a sophmore slump. Griffin is the biggest question mark on the entrire defensive side. I hope we move Smith to nickle and start Mike Doss.

It will be interesting to see if Greenway is an immediate improvement of Napo.
    I don't think there is much chance that he will be as good as Napo in his first year. Napo was an elite player that was a perfect fit for the west coast offense. His leaving was probably the biggest loss the vikings had in the off season. My hope is that in a couple of year Greenway can be as good as Napo is now.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    The only question I have about our defense is depth. We look a bit thin at CB in particular. Otherwise I'm just loving all thestarters. I have full confidence in Udeze and James, and I doubt Edwards will have a sophmore slump. Griffin is the biggest question mark on the entrire defensive side. I hope we move Smith to nickle and start Mike Doss.

It will be interesting to see if Greenway is an immediate improvement of Napo.
    I don't think there is much chance that he will be as good as Napo in his first year. Napo was an elite player that was a perfect fit for the west coast offense. His leaving was probably the biggest loss the vikings had in the off season. My hope is that in a couple of year Greenway can be as good as Napo is now.
    Napo an elite player? That is a misuse of the word elite. He averaged less than 4 tackles per game with teh Vikings, 59 tackles last year after a horrible 2005. If Greenway is not as good as NApo by the end of the year we are in trouble.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast