Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Greenway ready to bulk up

[size=13pt]Greenway ready to bulk up[/size]

By KEVIN SEIFERT and JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune
    startribune.com

Last update: March 25, 2008 - 12:48 AM

Chad Greenway played the 2007 season about 10 pounds lighter than his preferred weight, hoping to reduce strain on his surgically repaired left knee.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Greenway ready to bulk up

I don't like it when players "Bulk Up" "Add Weight" because of the strain it does put on thier knees.
    Especially guys that have had knees done before.

I sure hope the hell the medical staff is thinking smart with this idea.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

With strength training, stretching and the care they get from trainers getting back to 242lbs shouldn't be a extra strain on that repaired knee. It is healed and stronger than before the injury.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

He needs to do something to get more stronger. Last year he miss alot of open field tackles, due to not being strong enough. He's a good cover LB, but with the addition of 10 to 15 lbs in bulkness, he can be a great tackling LB.

ALL DAY!!!

"PurpleTide" wrote:

With strength training, stretching and the care they get from trainers getting back to 242lbs shouldn't be a extra strain on that repaired knee. It is healed and stronger than before the injury.
    I hear ya, my concern is that knee is plural in this case.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

There was a tidbit at the end of that article that I found interesting.

First impressions
    Receiver Bernard Berrian, who left the Chicago Bears to sign a six-year, $42 million free-agent contract with the Vikings that includes $16 million in guarantees, has twice spent time catching passes from quarterback Tarvaris Jackson since the offseason conditioning program started last week.

"He's definitely got a strong arm," Berrian said. "From the times we were out there he was pretty accurate with it. I think the times that we were off, it's just getting used to each other. Besides that, he was definitely right on the money with it."
    It's nice to hear that TJ and BB are already working hard at getting used to each other. I know it's common sense that they do that, but athletes (as well as the rest of us) don't always use common sense.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"josdin00" wrote:

First impressions
    Receiver Bernard Berrian, who left the Chicago Bears to sign a six-year, $42 million free-agent contract with the Vikings that includes $16 million in guarantees, has twice spent time catching passes from quarterback Tarvaris Jackson since the offseason conditioning program started last week.

"He's definitely got a strong arm," Berrian said. "From the times we were out there he was pretty accurate with it. I think the times that we were off, it's just getting used to each other. Besides that, he was definitely right on the money with it."
    It's nice to hear that TJ and BB are already working hard at getting used to each other. I know it's common sense that they do that, but athletes (as well as the rest of us) don't always use common sense.
    I noticed that a lot last season... it wasn't so much that TJ was throwing inaccurate passes (of course he did sometimes...) but the timing seemed to be off between the receivers and TJ. I think a lot of this has to do with the OL and poor route running.

This was a great read though... is it August yet?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

on a different note, they state that tervor laws is coming in for a visit, i would love to get him in the 2nd round and could definetly take phat pats job when he is done

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"josdin00" wrote:

First impressions

It's gonna take more than that to get me excited. That is what every quarterback and reciever do, it's the least they can IMHO.
    In order to be the best you have to work the hardest, according to Jerry Rice who would know. If they said that Berrian and Jackson were living together and spending every waking moment working on pass patterns then I would get excited.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

First impressions

It's gonna take more than that to get me excited. That is what every quarterback and reciever do, it's the least they can IMHO.
    In order to be the best you have to work the hardest, according to Jerry Rice who would know. If they said that Berrian and Jackson were living together and spending every waking moment working on pass patterns then I would get excited.
    LOL, that one caught me off gaurd a bit.
    Very funny.

I do like the positive comments coming out of our new WR related to his new QB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast