Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenway Hurt!

Del Rio Guest

Re: Greenway Hurt!

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I saw the replay, and his knee did defintely buckle outside-to-inside...so...if it is a tear, it is the ACL
    It's the safe guess.

And that's all it is a guess from you as well as the reports that are in this thread.

It may not have been the buckle. It could have been the slight twist, from his cleat being dug into the astro turf.

Hyperextention, tear, strain, sprain, contusion.............. the door is wide open.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Greenway to have an MRI - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:28:25 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings rookie LB Chad Greenway (knee) will have an MRI test Tuesday, Aug.15, on his injured knee. Though he declined to speculate on the severity of the injury, Vikings' defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin said he felt "sick" for Greenway. "I'm disappointed for the kid," he said. "Injuries are a part of the game, and we accept that. But I feel bad for him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Greenway injured - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:02:49 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings rookie LB Chad Greenway (knee) injured his left knee and was taken out of Monday night's preseason game, Aug. 14. Greenway was able to get up and walk around the sideline, but the Vikings said he wouldn't return to the game.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del" wrote:
    It's the safe guess.

And that's all it is a guess from you as well as the reports that are in this thread.

It may not have been the buckle. It could have been the slight twist, from his cleat being dug into the astro turf.

Hyperextention, tear, strain, sprain, contusion.............. the door is wide open.
    Right. Which is why I said 'if it is a tear...'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Del Rio Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Right. Which is why I said 'if it is a tear...'
    .....and IF the Queen had balls she'd be a king.

which is why I said it was a SAFE guess.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del" wrote:
    .....and IF the Queen had balls she'd be a king.

which is why I said it was a SAFE guess.
    But you're not complicating the issue enough. What if the Queen-with-balls hybrid considered herself a revolutionary transgendered Queen, rather than a King?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Del Rio Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    But you're not complicating the issue enough. What if the Queen-with-balls hybrid considered herself a revolutionary transgendered Queen, rather than a King?

Then with a little butter, a midget, a goat, and a bag of pork rinds......you could make yourself a royal movie.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The local media is reporting all doom and gloom but nobody knows for sure and the speculation is just that speculation.

I am hoping from the reports that he was walking on it that it isn't to bad as I can't see them letting him walk around with a torn ACL or MCL and if they are they should get new trainers.

Hopefully it is something that will take a few weeks to heal but won't be season ending.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Man I really hope its not too too serious.Like Del said none of us actually know what it is, expect the worse,and hope for the best I guess.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Local Channel 5 news just reported that Greenway left the dome after the game in shorts not on crutches with a back pack and not limping.

If this is accurate this could be great news as they would not have let him leave the dome walking if they were worried about it at all.

That was only one report and I have not heard any official report from the Vikes.
    If this report from Channel 5 is accurate, why all the doom-and-gloom this morning from the local newspapers?
    Nobody knows for sure the extent of the injury, why go out on a limb like that?
    Unless they know something we don't.

I understand that you expect the worst and hope for the best, but maybe running a headline like "Greenway's injury extent uncertain" would have been a little more responsible IMO.

I guess a title like that just doesn't sell Tuesday morning papers...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Prophet Guest

...After he was examined on the trainer's table behind the bench, Greenway was able to get up and walk around the sideline. Coach Brad Childress said Greenway would have an MRI test on Tuesday, but he provided no other details...
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...s.greenway.ap/

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast