Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Percy Harvin would be the best wide receiver in the NFL if he had the height of Calvin Johnson.

But let's really compare the arguably greatest wide receiver in the game today, Calvin Johnson, to Vikings' Percy Harvin.
    The Megatron definitely is the best outside receiver. Has the better hands, and by far the better range.
    As for speed they both are world class. Johnson probably has faster top end speed, but Harvin has one of if not the most explosive first steps in the league.
    Here comes the interesting part! Harvin is one of the best kick returners in the league. Not only that, he can line up in the backfield and play as a top running back. I think Harvin might be the pound for pound strongest wide receiver in the NFL. Like I have said before, Harvin is like a mini-Adrian.

I think as a football player overall, Percy Harvin is better than Calvin Johnson. Are there really anyone else in the league who can play THREE different position and be on of the top guys at each position?
    Solid post my friend. I think you will get everyone to agree with you on your last point except for the fans who put more value on a WR who can stretch the field and score instantly than from a cat who just makes your team better by excelling in many areas like Percy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I have been saying since about halfway through his second season that Percy Harvin is not just a very good football player ... but he is a SUPERSTAR with hall of fame talent.

It seems that the offensive minds with the Vikings are starting to realize it as well. Harvin needs the ball in his hands as a receiver, returner and running back as often as possible. He is too explosive and too dynamic not to be something that defenses seriously fear.

I am all for trying to give him rest here and there since we like using him in so many different ways, but the offense should have a heavy heavy Harvin focus ... and it seems everyone is starting to notice.
    Excellent post my friend.......

I kindof liken Percy to AD in how they play the game. They deliver it and don't take it. Kindof an "Old School" mentality if you will.

(Marrdro can be seen deleting the line questioning why the coaches took so long to figure it out).......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I have to admit that I ragged on the thought of drafting him running up to and after the draft, but I was wrong and he is a great player. I actually think he could be a better all around running back that Peterson because of his pass catching ability and his burst to the hole. Glad they are finally starting to use him as a featured player.
    I'll admit it that I wasn't to all fired up when they took him either. Remember, I have some insight into him when he was younger and how he played/acted here in the 757.

To tell the truth, I bet you can find a couple of post how pissed I was that they didn't take Peria or Hood.

Peria Jerry Stats - Atlanta Falcons - ESPN

Ziggy Hood Stats - Pittsburgh Steelers - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I'm not sure if he's the best in the league, but he's certainly the hardest WR to bring down. I've never seen a WR constantly move piles the way he does. I bet he leads the league in YDDAC (Yards Dragging Defenders After Catch).

At his current rate of use, I don't think Harvin is going to last the whole season though, and ofc we always have to worry about when his next migraine will strike. Hopefully now that Simpson is back, we won't have to rely on Harvin to carry as much of the load and he'll probably last much longer.
    I think the migraines are fixed and Wes Welker takes just as much, if not more of a beating and makes it through the season.

I do like the YDDAC thing.......You should patent that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I love the analogy Greenway uses. Let's focus more on his context than our opinions for just a moment. He made some powerful statements about Percy's approach, passion, dedication, and play to Bob Sander's...we simply cannot appreciate the nuances of the commentary.

I recall Cris Carter endorsing Percy Harvin just before his rookie season...his commentary was something like, "Percy Harvin is my vote for ROY. I have scouted talent for Urban Meyer throughout the Southeast, I have helped Florida's and several other other WRs in my Camp. I have seen Percy since he was in grade school, high school, and college. I can say that whether on the practice field, in training, or, in a game, Percy Harvin was always the best player on the field."

I certainly hope he is a Viking for many years to come...an inspiring talent indeed.
    Damn fine post my friend.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Greenway: Harvin's the best player in the NFL right now

This game may have been the exclamation point.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Harvin is more than just a weapon... he is an entire arsenal. And the better he gets, the more it benefits the entire Vikings offense.

If defenses insists on playing him normally, he will eat them for breakfast. And if they double him or rotate more coverage his way, it just make more room for our other weapons like Peterson, Rudolph and Simpson (I hope, remains to be seen).

I think there is no doubt the Percy is our team MVP.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Even though he is not used there often I actually think he would be the best all around RB on the team if we kept him there 100% of the time. He may not have the power of Peterson but he has plenty and the burst he has to the hole, his vision and his ability to lay someone out with a block and his ability to catch the ball make him a more rounded back.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    His versatility is amazing. Extend him ASAP...that price just keeps going up.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast