Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Greenway glad for franchise tag amid lockout

Vikings' Greenway glad for franchise tag amid lockout

I bet he is.

I for one, thinks is absolutely shamefull that this cat wasn't signed to a long term deal as soon as the season was over.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Greenway glad for franchise tag amid lockout

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099634

I bet he is.

I for one, thinks is absolutely shamefull that this cat wasn't signed to a long term deal as soon as the season was over.
    He, Rice, and maybe Edwards should have been extended last season. I know the Vikings had offers to Rice and Edwards but I think they were having visions of huge paydays.
    Greenway seems to want to stay with the team. Not sure why they didn't sign him and franchise Rice.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099640

I bet he is.

He, Rice, and maybe Edwards should have been extended last season. I know the Vikings had offers to Rice and Edwards but I think they were having visions of huge paydays.
    Greenway seems to want to stay with the team. Not sure why they didn't sign him and franchise Rice.
    maybe because Greenway makes it clear that he wants to play for the team for the right reasons and not just because they pay the most
    "I love to play the game, and I'm in a good position because they've taken care of me and never lied to me," Greenway said, "so I shouldn't play hardball with them. If someone's been good to me, I should be good to them back."
    A touch of midwestern values perhaps?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Macken is offline Waterboy

i think that greenway is playing for the right reasons as well, the kids got heart and never been about the money.
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Macken" #1099651
    i think that greenway is playing for the right reasons as well, the kids got heart and never been about the money.
    It's easy to not be about the money when you are being paid what your worth. If they had given him the first round tender and a million dollars instead of the 10million that comes with a franchise tag his attitude might be different.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1099649
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099640

I bet he is.

maybe because Greenway makes it clear that he wants to play for the team for the right reasons and not just because they pay the most
    "I love to play the game, and I'm in a good position because they've taken care of me and never lied to me," Greenway said, "so I shouldn't play hardball with them. If someone's been good to me, I should be good to them back."
    A touch of midwestern values perhaps?
    I lov Sid, but I sure wish he had this same attitude
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

SpaceMTN69 is offline Waterboy

As soon as this lockout ends I wouldnt be shocked if a Greenway deal is finalized within a week. This dude is an absolute stud and by far and away better than any other LB on this roster. I love me some EJ though dont get me wrong.

Also, I believe you can all but disqualify Leber as a Viking next season. Unless of course he takes a below market value deal. The money he may be asking for will be much better served to try and lure maybe another offensive lineman or DB to join this team.
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1099652
    It's easy to not be about the money when you are being paid what your worth. If they had given him the first round tender and a million dollars instead of the 10million that comes with a franchise tag his attitude might be different.
    If I'm not mistaken, Ray's offer will be worth @ 2.8 million...it has to be at least 110% of his previous salary (2.52 million).

While this is indeed less than Greenway is getting, I doubt many would say that Edwards is worth more than Greenway.

The only real gripe Ray has is that he's currently scheduled to make less than Robison.

Still, the gap between what Ray wants and what Ray is worth, I suspect, will be significant, and I don't see him back next season.

On the flip side, I don't see the Vikings NOT securing the services of Greenway for the long term. Just because they didn't do it to Marrdro's satisfaction doesn't mean they won't.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1099671
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1099652
    If I'm not mistaken, Ray's offer will be worth @ 2.8 million...it has to be at least 110% of his previous salary (2.52 million).

While this is indeed less than Greenway is getting, I doubt many would say that Edwards is worth more than Greenway.

The only real gripe Ray has is that he's currently scheduled to make less than Robison.

Still, the gap between what Ray wants and what Ray is worth, I suspect, will be significant, and I don't see him back next season.

On the flip side, I don't see the Vikings NOT securing the services of Greenway for the long term. Just because they didn't do it to Marrdro's satisfaction doesn't mean they won't.

Caine
    Marrdro's satisfaction...LOL. Didn't read the article did you. Chad, himself, says there were talks but noting got done, but he expects some to get done.

Quick question my friend, do you think that the way they are pitty pattering around with respect to taking care of the talent won't have some sort of impact on team moral?

I do. Probably cause I accept that teams are dealing with athletes that don't think along the same lanes that rationale men do. Most of them aren't happy to settle for 110% of their previous salary.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg