Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Green Bay Fumble Recoveries

Let me get the facts straight here please correct me where I am wrong.

On the KR fumble recovery they got the forward momentum because a guy other than the fumbler recover it.

But on the goal line, the fumbler recovered the ball in the end zone, therefore they should have got the ball on the one foot line where the fumble was lost. The refs screwed up again, they didn't even call this a fumble they called it a TD.

What down was this play run on?

Now why was it that we didn't challenge that to have them go for a FG instead of letting them have the TD.

What was the reasoning by the coaching staff? It seemed to make sense when I was watching it but I can't remember right now what that reasoning was.

In hindsight, it seem like we should have tried to play D to get them to kick the FG instead of letting them have the TD. We would have had to challenge it... :scratch:

ccRaider is offline Waterboy

Hey Folks-

Raider fan here posting for the first time. I seldom go to any other team's message board, but after watching that officiating debacle yesterday I just had to log on with my 2 cents......

[size=18px]You guys got SCREWED![/size]

I have to say I didn't watch the whole game, so I don't know if you were out-played in general or what, but that fumble call at the end was complete BS. Your guy (#30 I think it was) CLEARLY had the ball when the pile started forming on top of him. If he has the ball and is laying on the ground, isn't he down by contact at that point?

The part that REALLY made me wonder was the referee's explanation. Did any of you record this? Listen to what he said. It made absolutely no sense. Something like since the runner didn't recover the fumble it was packer's ball? wtf is that? If you have it recorded, and could quote the ref, I'd like to know what exactly it was that he said.

BTW, before I get jumped by any packer fans, I'm not posting out of any bitterness toward green bay. The last time they kicked the Raiders' ass it was just a good old fashioned ass-whipping. I didn't enjoy it, but they dominated that game and I gave them all the credit in the world for it. Most of the green bay folks that posted on our Raider board were really cool, and some were downright hilarious with their smack.

I just thought there were some lousy calls yesterday, and would like to know what that ref's explanation was on that last fumble.

Thanks.

skogs02 is offline Starter

im glad other fans see that we also got screwed!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ccRaider" wrote:
    Hey Folks-

Raider fan here posting for the first time. I seldom go to any other team's message board, but after watching that officiating debacle yesterday I just had to log on with my 2 cents......

I have to say I didn't watch the whole game, so I don't know if you were out-played in general or what, but that fumble call at the end was complete BS. Your guy (#30 I think it was) CLEARLY had the ball when the pile started forming on top of him. If he has the ball and is laying on the ground, isn't he down by contact at that point?

The part that REALLY made me wonder was the referee's explanation. Did any of you record this? Listen to what he said. It made absolutely no sense. Something like since the runner didn't recover the fumble it was packer's ball? wtf is that? If you have it recorded, and could quote the ref, I'd like to know what exactly it was that he said.

BTW, before I get jumped by any packer fans, I'm not posting out of any bitterness toward green bay. The last time they kicked the Raiders' ass it was just a good old fashioned ass-whipping. I didn't enjoy it, but they dominated that game and I gave them all the credit in the world for it. Most of the green bay folks that posted on our Raider board were really cool, and some were downright hilarious with their smack.

I just thought there were some lousy calls yesterday, and would like to know what that ref's explanation was on that last fumble.

Thanks.
    Out of all the fans in the NFL i did not expect this! :salute:

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

By the way snow, I'm not for sure but maybe that rule only applies on kickoffs, not sure but thats what i got out of it.

exodus84 is offline Waterboy

You were playing at Lambeau Field. What did you think was going to happen?

poult is offline Asst. Coach

well, its good to see fans of other teams that are unbiased towards either of the teams playing can see it the right way.

these fucking refs wont be officiating a superbowl anytime soon.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

isiah2457 is offline Waterboy

Snowinapril, I think you have it the opposite way. On the KR, when 89 fumbled and if he or any Viking would have recovered it, it would have been at the spot of the recovery. If another Packer besides 89 recovers it, it goes to where it was fumbled.

On the touchdown, #40 could recover his own fumble and get it marked where he recovered, in this case the end zone.

This rule is in place because during either a Raiders or Steelers game years ago, there was a fumble and the fumbler kept batting the ball forward until he batted far enough ahead for his teammate to recover in the end zone for a TD.

That is an explanation of the ruling but not an explanation of who really recovered the fumble.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"ccRaider" wrote:
    Hey Folks-

[size=7px][/size]

Thank you for calling it like it is. I hope that whole crew of officials
    is fined and suspended. There is no explaination except they where
    playing in WI. Thanks again.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

the rule where a player cannot advance a fumble is only in affect inside 2 minutes
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast