Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Green Bay! Fumble! INTs! Positive Revisitation

Sorry, this is my last chance to comment on the GB game.

Facts:

Not a conspiracy!
    Fumbles - we were ahead in the turnover ratio.
    INTs, we should have had to in the Red Zone. Both were by Williams. I apologize, Earlier this week, I blamed Winfield for dropping one of those 2 but it was Williams who dropped both.

Interpretations:

First Fumble - The Endzone fumble by Fischer, he was on top of it in the endzone, with his hands only, then a scrum came about. Udeze came out of the pile with it.

Second Fumble - The kick return, Davis was on top of it with his hands and body.

I say that the Second fumble was an opportunity for the Refs to be consistant. They blew it. If Fischer had control in the endzone then Davis had control on the KR.

None of these interpretations above mean anything, can't leave decisions like that up for interpretations by the refs.. We put this game in the refs hands by:

Not making more stops.
    Not catching the 2 INTs = 10 points for GB.
    Dropped passes and overthrows.
    Better D and special teams. One possesion, we let them go 70yds on 3 plays for a TD to Franks. 2 runs and a pass.

[size=18px]We lost that game, not the refs.

For those of you that don't believe me watch your tape of the game.

Or watch the NFL channel tonight (11-20-04) at 8pm on the NFL NETWORK.[/size]

The one positive thing is we showed some POTENTIAL. Our D needs to trust each other more in order to get stops. The clips they showed on the sideline of the D coaches talking to Claiborne showed that the D is not on the same page yet. They are unsure of their assignments at times. They need to KNOW their assignments on everyplay.

The second positive is, we also showed HEART.

Our player still believe we can win and that is the most important thing. We haven't given up on ourselfs, or team memembers.

DC to Burleson was also a positve, they will have more confidence in each other from here on out.

We are in control from here on out.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Re: Green Bay! Fumble! INTs! Positive Revisitation

"snowinapril" wrote:

[/size]
    Dude...they are SO going to vote you off the island at tribal council tonight.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

[/size]
    Dude...they are SO going to vote you off the island at tribal council tonight.
    I had a few days to let it sink in and I will stand my ground on this. I tried to justify it all week and it didn't work.

We played tough the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter and came up short.

It was a positive game. It is just hard to swallow after 2 consecutive losses. NO BULL!!! Where is the Jack Black avatar when you need it. Spray it around on this board and my writing in this thread is not going to disappear.

22 views of this thread so far and no one is disputing it. It doesn't mean we are a bad team. It just means he's not into you or wake up and smell the coffee, the truth.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

It's very simple. Burleson dropped a TD pass in the first quarter that would have won the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"snowinapril" wrote:

Facts:

Not a conspiracy!
    INTs, we should have had to in the Red Zone. Both were by Williams. I apologize, Earlier this week, I blamed Winfield for dropping one of those 2 but it was Williams who dropped both.

Interpretations:

First Fumble - The Endzone fumble by Fischer, he was on top of it in the endzone, with his hands only, then a scrum came about. Udeze came out of the pile with it.

Second Fumble - The kick return, Davis was on top of it with his hands and body.

I say that the Second fumble was an opportunity for the Refs to be consistant. They blew it. If Fischer had control in the endzone then Davis had control on the KR.

None of these interpretations above mean anything, can't leave decisions like that up for interpretations by the refs.. We put this game in the refs hands by:

Not making more stops.
    Better D and special teams. One possesion, we let them go 70yds on 3 plays for a TD to Franks. 2 runs and a pass.

The one positive thing is we showed some POTENTIAL. Our D needs to trust each other more in order to get stops. The clips they showed on the sideline of the D coaches talking to Claiborne showed that the D is not on the same page yet. They are unsure of their assignments at times. They need to KNOW their assignments on everyplay.

Our player still believe we can win and that is the most important thing. We haven't given up on ourselfs, or team memembers.

DC to Burleson was also a positve, they will have more confidence in each other from here on out.

Again, the REFS do not play the game, they only officiate. They do not make bad calls on every play. Or for every game. I am suggesting that during certain pivotal games, such as the Vikes / Pack game, a REF can take control and determine the outcome such as the fumble after the Vikes scored to tie the game up. The ball should have been awarded to the Vikes leaving them only 10 yards from FG range. Instead, the ball was rewarded to Green bay who marched down field and kicked the game winning FG. One play. One call, different outcome.

LOTGK

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Remember, this isn't just about the Packers Game, this is every game.

True the Refs have an impact but what I am saying is forget about that. It does no good to worry about it no. The vikes have to concentrate on what they are doing on the field so that refs don't have as much to put their 2 cents on the game.

Player are human and make mistakes.

Refs are human and they make mistakes.

Sometimes if the players wouldn't make mistakes, the refs don't get a chance to make mistake.

Mistakes = Cortez short kick and coverage on the return. Just one example.

Make less mistakes and everyone will be happier.

Concentrate on what the Vikes can do right on every play that is what I am saying.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Remember, this isn't just about the Packers Game, this is every game.

True the Refs have an impact but what I am saying is forget about that. It does no good to worry about it no. The vikes have to concentrate on what they are doing on the field so that refs don't have as much to put their 2 cents on the game.

Player are human and make mistakes.

Refs are human and they make mistakes.

Sometimes if the players wouldn't make mistakes, the refs don't get a chance to make mistake.

Mistakes = Cortez short kick and coverage on the return. Just one example.

Make less mistakes and everyone will be happier.

Concentrate on what the Vikes can do right on every play that is what I am saying.
    Absolutely agree that this isn't about only one game. Its the entire NFL.
    And to make myself clear, yes, I know REFS make mistakes, they are only human afteral. They are also biased, for they are only human afteral. I am not commenting on the normal ebb and flow of a game, (mistakes being made by both teams, penalties, poor clock management, missed FG's, dropped passes, etc..) but during certain games where NFL interests are concerned.

This is not a conspiracy against the Vikes when they play the packers, but all the NFL. It is a business afterall.

LOTGK

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

The tribe has spoken.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"snowinapril" wrote:

Facts:

Not a conspiracy!

Interpretations:

Not making more stops.

I have to agree.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I have to agree.
    Accckkk!! An alliance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast