Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: The greatest exorcism in Minnesota Vikings history

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    Nicely put snowinapril!
    Thank You!

I just can't believe that there isn't some support from the fans in the state to do some lobbying or something. Just becasue one isn't in the state government, doesn't mean they can't do something about it. The people have a voice. I just think they keep letting the politicians and the newspapers tell them what their voice should be.

Can anyone give me an example of people standing up for the Vikes Stadium?
    There are probably several, but there voices aren't heard. If a letter is sent to someone in the government that is anti-stadium, I'm sure it just get's filed in drawer 13.

If a person is going to write, at least write to someone who is pro-stadium. You would stand a better chance of your voice being heard.

I have yet to here of a petition, rally or some other means where the pro-stadiums voices have been heard.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

From living in states other than Minnesota I can tell you this. Your political leaders will never vote for a stadium, especially in down economic times, if they feel it will hurt their political future. Until the population in general gets upset, they are just going to continue to just give "lipservice" to keep teams from leaving.

If you really want to see a new stadium, then there has to be a grass roots effort of signing a petition, e-mailing the appropriate leadership, and calling their offices. Let them know where you stand on this.

If they can't put it to bed, they will build it to get you off their backs . . . if they think it is a popular subject with the voters!!!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"sleepagent" wrote:
    From living in states other than Minnesota I can tell you this. Your political leaders will never vote for a stadium, especially in down economic times, if they feel it will hurt their political future. Until the population in general gets upset, they are just going to continue to just give "lipservice" to keep teams from leaving.

If you really want to see a new stadium, then there has to be a grass roots effort of signing a petition, e-mailing the appropriate leadership, and calling their offices. Let them know where you stand on this.

If they can't put it to bed, they will build it to get you off their backs . . . if they think it is a popular subject with the voters!!!
    It's quite simple;

Let the legislatures know that the majority of the population will vote in pro-stadium" officials only.

If they're anti-stadium, they are OUT!

Also, show them the ROI figures (Return on Investment) & the payback time on the investment.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Another thing about Glen Taylor, he has TWO business, maybe more that I don't know about, in the state of MN. He is going to pull more weight than an owner from outside the state.

I wish that Taylor could have bought the Vikes but he didn't. I sometimes wonder why he didn't, probably becasue he knows that the Dome deal is not good and that it would be to big of a battle for the stadium. He probably knew that it would be harmful to his other business opportunities in MN if he had to but heads with the legislature.

With all this being said, RED was cheap. No way around that. He fleeced the people of MN and if the people dwell on that foact for too much longer, the new owner will be forced to do the same, but it will be in the form of taking your team somewhere other than MN where they will PROBABLY pay for the entire statium and ZIGGY won't have to drop a DIME.

Wouldn't that be nice for The Zigmeister. People treat this like they have some sort of leverage. If he is willing to pay half, that is fair, figure it out.

Get it done!
    That is exactly the problem, but I hope the Zigmeister doesn't get involved business wise in MN until he has the stadium! He really needs to fire up the people of the state to push for the stadium. Politicians do not want to cross the people who vote them into their jobs!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

UKVikingMike is offline Training Camp

the whole Red McCombs era confuses me (I apologise for not being the most informed person but am still learning)

How did he come into a position to be able to buy an NFL team and why he would enter into this. Admittedly he made himself a tidy sum, but by what looks like a series of bad moves, hurting the team and himself, as the potential profit would surely be increased with a more desirable, successful team. Not the move of a business savvy individual, but how did the organisation let this happen. surely teams of advisor and experts surrounded him at every turn, could no-one present to him a plan of investment that showed ROIs that would loosen his purse strings. Was the organisation really owned by a crazed miser dictator who had settled for a set return on his investment, with no drive for silverwear or building for sucess. Or was simply misinformed and lacking the football knowledge to confidently take the team forward.
    The article suggests the Fans may have been blinded by near misses and mediocre success, but what of the those people with more informed, with closer ties to the organisation. Could they not see the rot setting in, made more noise.
    I apprieciate the owner is the owner, the man with the money and the final say. But owners change, maybe not so often, but is there not a greater body of experience of the organisation that still has ties that can still be drawn on for advice or are respected enough for their point of view to be taken seriously. I would like to think there is to some extent, and hopefully Red just ignored them or not enough was said.

Hopefully this is a confused rant, and hopefully the new owner and the staff he has brought in will do all that is neccessary to bring success to the Vikings and secure it for the future.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"UKVikingMike" wrote:
    the whole Red McCombs era confuses me (I apologise for not being the most informed person but am still learning)

How did he come into a position to be able to buy an NFL team and why he would enter into this. Admittedly he made himself a tidy sum, but by what looks like a series of bad moves, hurting the team and himself, as the potential profit would surely be increased with a more desirable, successful team. Not the move of a business savvy individual, but how did the organisation let this happen. surely teams of advisor and experts surrounded him at every turn, could no-one present to him a plan of investment that showed ROIs that would loosen his purse strings. Was the organisation really owned by a crazed miser dictator who had settled for a set return on his investment, with no drive for silverwear or building for sucess. Or was simply misinformed and lacking the football knowledge to confidently take the team forward.
    The article suggests the Fans may have been blinded by near misses and mediocre success, but what of the those people with more informed, with closer ties to the organisation. Could they not see the rot setting in, made more noise.
    I apprieciate the owner is the owner, the man with the money and the final say. But owners change, maybe not so often, but is there not a greater body of experience of the organisation that still has ties that can still be drawn on for advice or are respected enough for their point of view to be taken seriously. I would like to think there is to some extent, and hopefully Red just ignored them or not enough was said.

Hopefully this is a confused rant, and hopefully the new owner and the staff he has brought in will do all that is neccessary to bring success to the Vikings and secure it for the future.
    Red, a slum lord or a manager of a posh condo.

IMO, he bought a posh condo and managed it like a low rent apartment. Then the property value went up and a real condo manager came in and had to tidy it up a bit, which is more work than it sounds.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234