Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The greatest exorcism in Minnesota Vikings history

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Polad is still the worst owner in MN sports history! Red never threatend to move the team that is fiction. I give Red credit for finally filling the dump, he was a penny pincher, but every owner except glenn taylor and zigy(for now) has been a penny pincher. Has anyone noticed how low the payroll is for the wild. One of pro sports most profitble teams? Blast McCombs for the last 2 years of ownership, but don't make others look better for it. Polad is a cheep old basterd, the worst owner ever in MN sports. The wild ownership is cheep, refusing to put a decent team on the ice. The only reason they both get credit is because they "are one of us". Get over it, if you haven't looked around lately this state has become more backwords than mississippi. I admit I wasn't thrilled with McCombs the last few years, I did understand the fact the metrodome is a pile, why invest money when you are going to loose as much as he did year in and year out. The metrodome is the problem here not the owner or previous.
    Oh to the "not my money" crew when talking about stadiums. Nothing from your paycheck will be taxed, your property will not be taxed, the only thing taxed is when you purchase something, and that tax is a fraction of a penny.

I don't know, how about Norm Green. He actually moved a team out of the state. Pohlad and McCombs just tried to move the teams, but they never succeeded. Well, I guess they are all just a-holes.
    We as a state refused to help out the north stars thats why they left. Sounds simular to what the twins and vikings are dealing with now. I just hope if either or boith teams move, the blame should not be on the owners but the retards that run this state. McCombs never tried to move the team it was media speculation trying to stir the pot, trying to make people think if your not from here you dont belong here b/s. Some in the media and around the state have said the same about zigy. Maybe this state is the problem not the owners of the teams. We tend to think theses are our teams until something like a stadium comes up. Then its their probem not ours. Both teams will be gone without a new stadium and yes the state should help because the state benifits in many ways having pro sports teams.
    You republican whore!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I don't know that we can Blame 'OL Red for us not getting a Super Bowl, and I don't really care either. The only thing that I care about is that now we do have an owner and coaching staff that is dedicated to winning. We will get ours, and that day will be sweet!
    I don't think that this is the point. I think it implied that he could have maybe added a piece to the puzzle at that time and didn't, but it was his unwillingness to upgrade the team after that year. So close and he just said, "we got a good team, we don't need help in 98-99. All you guys go back out there and try again." The problem is he kept saying that and kept losing talent year after year.

One thing in the ORGs defense is this, we had some faces on the team that were emerging, like Hovan. I think he was suppose to be the next Randle, so we let Randle go. Granted Randle was up there in age, but it may have helped to keep him another year or two. But what I was getting at is the guys thatt the org thought were going to replace some of that lost talent couldn't step it up to the level of old. We had a tradition at LB, Blair, Studwell, Del Rio, Wong, what's wong wit dat? Actually like Kylee Wong, but we let him go, granted, he was no Del Rio, but I think he is better than anything we have had since. Oh well, point again is this. No one was there to carry the torch as the old players left and Red and the Office didn't get FAs to keep the team competative.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I don't know that we can Blame 'OL Red for us not getting a Super Bowl, and I don't really care either. The only thing that I care about is that now we do have an owner and coaching staff that is dedicated to winning. We will get ours, and that day will be sweet!
    I don't think that this is the point. I think it implied that he could have maybe added a piece to the puzzle at that time and didn't, but it was his unwillingness to upgrade the team after that year. So close and he just said, "we got a good team, we don't need help in 98-99. All you guys go back out there and try again." The problem is he kept saying that and kept losing talent year after year.

One thing in the ORGs defense is this, we had some faces on the team that were emerging, like Hovan. I think he was suppose to be the next Randle, so we let Randle go. Granted Randle was up there in age, but it may have helped to keep him another year or two. But what I was getting at is the guys thatt the org thought were going to replace some of that lost talent couldn't step it up to the level of old. We had a tradition at LB, Blair, Studwell, Del Rio, Wong, what's wong wit dat? Actually like Kylee Wong, but we let him go, granted, he was no Del Rio, but I think he is better than anything we have had since. Oh well, point again is this. No one was there to carry the torch as the old players left and Red and the Office didn't get FAs to keep the team competative.
    I really liked Wong. That guy was always all over the field making plays.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    We as a state refused to help out the north stars thats why they left. Sounds simular to what the twins and vikings are dealing with now. I just hope if either or boith teams move, the blame should not be on the owners but the Challenged Hillybilly Lovers that run this state. McCombs never tried to move the team it was media speculation trying to stir the pot, trying to make people think if your not from here you dont belong here b/s. Some in the media and around the state have said the same about zigy. Maybe this state is the problem not the owners of the teams. We tend to think theses are our teams until something like a stadium comes up. Then its their probem not ours. Both teams will be gone without a new stadium and yes the state should help because the state benifits in many ways having pro sports teams.
    I agree, the state leg and the people are part of the problem, but the original article was about how Red didn't improve the team over the years and how he just kept pinching the pennies. The whole stadium issue doesn't really apply here unless you think he was being spiteful not spending the money because the fans and the state wouldn't help him out by building the team a new stadium. "I won't spend my money until you do."

Yes, the Twolves owner "Glen," hasn't had anything bad said about him in a long time. He is a homestate boy, with some connections. He hasn't asked for much from the state which helps. The Target center is a drop in the bucket compared to a baseball or football stadium.

The peeps got their priorities mixed up. The Gophers can play anywhere and the people will still come. The Gophers aren't moving anywhere ANYtime soon.

Get the Pro Teams set first. Keep them happy!

If you didn't like the last part about the Gophers, you are part of the problem. Yes the Gophers could benenfit from having a new stadium, but it is not the priority. I would love to see them on the campus of UM but it isn't a priority.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Polad is still the worst owner in MN sports history! Red never threatend to move the team that is fiction. I give Red credit for finally filling the dump, he was a penny pincher, but every owner except glenn taylor and zigy(for now) has been a penny pincher. Has anyone noticed how low the payroll is for the wild. One of pro sports most profitble teams? Blast McCombs for the last 2 years of ownership, but don't make others look better for it. Polad is a cheep old basterd, the worst owner ever in MN sports. The wild ownership is cheep, refusing to put a decent team on the ice. The only reason they both get credit is because they "are one of us". Get over it, if you haven't looked around lately this state has become more backwords than mississippi. I admit I wasn't thrilled with McCombs the last few years, I did understand the fact the metrodome is a pile, why invest money when you are going to loose as much as he did year in and year out. The metrodome is the problem here not the owner or previous.
    Oh to the "not my money" crew when talking about stadiums. Nothing from your paycheck will be taxed, your property will not be taxed, the only thing taxed is when you purchase something, and that tax is a fraction of a penny.

I don't know, how about Norm Green. He actually moved a team out of the state. Pohlad and McCombs just tried to move the teams, but they never succeeded. Well, I guess they are all just a-holes.
    We as a state refused to help out the north stars thats why they left. Sounds simular to what the twins and vikings are dealing with now. I just hope if either or boith teams move, the blame should not be on the owners but the Challenged Hillybilly Lovers that run this state. McCombs never tried to move the team it was media speculation trying to stir the pot, trying to make people think if your not from here you dont belong here b/s. Some in the media and around the state have said the same about zigy. Maybe this state is the problem not the owners of the teams. We tend to think theses are our teams until something like a stadium comes up. Then its their probem not ours. Both teams will be gone without a new stadium and yes the state should help because the state benifits in many ways having pro sports teams.
    Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I still hate Norm Green, so there!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Another thing about Glen Taylor, he has TWO business, maybe more that I don't know about, in the state of MN. He is going to pull more weight than an owner from outside the state.

I wish that Taylor could have bought the Vikes but he didn't. I sometimes wonder why he didn't, probably becasue he knows that the Dome deal is not good and that it would be to big of a battle for the stadium. He probably knew that it would be harmful to his other business opportunities in MN if he had to but heads with the legislature.

With all this being said, RED was cheap. No way around that. He fleeced the people of MN and if the people dwell on that foact for too much longer, the new owner will be forced to do the same, but it will be in the form of taking your team somewhere other than MN where they will PROBABLY pay for the entire statium and ZIGGY won't have to drop a DIME.

Wouldn't that be nice for The Zigmeister. People treat this like they have some sort of leverage. If he is willing to pay half, that is fair, figure it out.

Get it done!

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Nicely put snowinapril!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    Nicely put snowinapril!
    Thank You!

I just can't believe that there isn't some support from the fans in the state to do some lobbying or something. Just becasue one isn't in the state government, doesn't mean they can't do something about it. The people have a voice. I just think they keep letting the politicians and the newspapers tell them what their voice should be.

Can anyone give me an example of people standing up for the Vikes Stadium?

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I hope Caine chimes in on this topic. His names and understanding of Red is far too good to miss. I am sure glad we have moved on from Red.

That was a great read, thanks for posting it, Singersp. Thats one of the major reasons I log onto this site, ...news I can't get or wouldn't have ran onto.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast