Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: The greatest exorcism in Minnesota Vikings history

Of all the roster changing that will inevitably take place and the coaching changes I am most thankful for Redneck being out of the mix. May he rot in Austin.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Of all the roster changing that will inevitably take place and the coaching changes I am most thankful for Redneck being out of the mix. May he rot in Austin.
    I think it is San Antonio, better just say TEXAS to make sure. Texas is a big area, he is bound to be in there somewhere.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I don't care where he is, as long as it's far from Minnesota and especially as long as he does ROT.
    ;-)

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    We WILL get our Championships!!! Then this will all just be a bad dream!
    I sure hope so!
    eeffing rights we will
    We're bringing purple back.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Man, reading that story makes me hate that Hillbilly that much more(if that is possible) We did have the talent that was already here and the cap space to make the Vikings a SB winning team. To bad that a$$ clown never bothered to care about the Minnesota people, and the Vikings in general.

With Wilf we atleast know that we have an owner that is willing to sign key free agents that will get the job done. I envision a SB in Minnesota's future. I can't wait for that day either, I will rub it in the fans of the Cheese, and throw the biggest party this side of Minnesota!!!

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

yea.. well.. we dont wnt him here in texas either..

throw him accross the border or something
    i m better than you, so just give up...

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Only an arm-chair quarterbacking sports writer could turn the tables on some great years of Viking history and make it sound like we never stood a chance.

Like him or not (and I didn't) Red produced, with the help of Denny Green, some great Viking teams by finding the missing piece (Randy Moss). I certainly didn't like the Tice years, and it can be argued the early years were the result of old ownership, but Red was in charge and he gets the credit.

The 1998 season was our year, but something went wrong on the way to the Super Bowl. Just ask 2004 Pittsburgh, and 2005 Indianapolis.

SKOL!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

To hell with Red, but "magically exploding knee"? That was a dumb thing to say!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

I don't know that we can Blame 'OL Red for us not getting a Super Bowl, and I don't really care either. The only thing that I care about is that now we do have an owner and coaching staff that is dedicated to winning. We will get ours, and that day will be sweet!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Polad is still the worst owner in MN sports history! Red never threatend to move the team that is fiction. I give Red credit for finally filling the dump, he was a penny pincher, but every owner except glenn taylor and zigy(for now) has been a penny pincher. Has anyone noticed how low the payroll is for the wild. One of pro sports most profitble teams? Blast McCombs for the last 2 years of ownership, but don't make others look better for it. Polad is a cheep old basterd, the worst owner ever in MN sports. The wild ownership is cheep, refusing to put a decent team on the ice. The only reason they both get credit is because they "are one of us". Get over it, if you haven't looked around lately this state has become more backwords than mississippi. I admit I wasn't thrilled with McCombs the last few years, I did understand the fact the metrodome is a pile, why invest money when you are going to loose as much as he did year in and year out. The metrodome is the problem here not the owner or previous.
    Oh to the "not my money" crew when talking about stadiums. Nothing from your paycheck will be taxed, your property will not be taxed, the only thing taxed is when you purchase something, and that tax is a fraction of a penny.

I don't know, how about Norm Green. He actually moved a team out of the state. Pohlad and McCombs just tried to move the teams, but they never succeeded. Well, I guess they are all just a-holes.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast