Thread: Great Years.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Great Years.

i recently purchased the vikings 1993 and 94 NFL films video tearbooks from Ebay. these were some great years in vikings defense and offense. great defensive players like Del Rio, and remember Ed McDaniel's first year... he was awesome. Dewayne Washington's first year, he was awesome--ran back 3 int's....then he went into FA to the Stealers and was mediocre at best. the leroy hoard/moe williams version RB, scotty Graham. Not to mention back to back playoff births with two great Quarterbacks, Moon, and McMahon... and the biggest beast on the defensive line--John Randle! we had the best recievers in the league--in 93, Anthony Carter, and Cris...in 94, Cris Carter, Jake Reed, and Quadry.

in 94, Moon broke every record the vikings had, and Cris Carter broke the most receptions record with 122 receptions in a single season. in 93 we had 3rd best running defense, in 94 we had the best run defense! wonder what that is like? it is funny, in the begining of the 94 season, Cris Carter's jersey said C CARTER, by the end of the season it just said CARTER--i am sure his ego had something to do with that... by the ay, i am really suprised the future hall of famer Anthony Carter's number is not retired... i think Burleson wears the 81. I still have a vintage Anthony Carter away Jersey which i bought back in 93 at Franklin Mills for 10 bucks... i wear it on special occasions-haha.

other neat things about the 94 season is they mention robert griffith(griffin?) as just a special teamer.. he ended up being awesome in the secondary...why do we always let awesome defensive payers go...Randle, Griffith, Washington...etc. the vikes back then used the 3 RB set too--not much has changed...robert smith, terry allen, and graham...and sometimes amp lee. anyway, just sharing with you guys about these cool dvd's i picked up.

John Madden was in the video too... he said "it really is a shame about the vikings, they always seem to get the bum wrap" talking about the media.

later

Great Years.

oh yeah, also back in 94 we manhandled the Giants!!! sigh, the good-old days! <"poof">

skol_vikes! is offline Rookie

Re: Great Years.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    John Madden was in the video too... he said "it really is a shame about the vikings, they always seem to get the bum wrap" talking about the media.
    ain't it the truth? too bad no one in the media stuck up for us when the moon was out
    "If it's not fun, you're not doing it right. "
    ~ Fran Tarkenton

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Great Years.

Would you be willing to make duplicates of those? PM me and we will talk (or type)!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Great Years.

PAVikes, I'm not sure Anthony Carter is hall of fame material. Maybe if he spent his entire career in the NFL, as opposed to the USFL. He was fun to watch though.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Great Years.

hey pa,
    if anyone is retiring the #81 it would be carl eller i assume. lol.

Great Years.

that's right... anthony carter did not play in the NFL...he had over 7 years though i think. while he was in the NFL though, he tore it up. a shame.