Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    Artose Pinner rushed for 3 TD's today and over 100 yards. This guy was a nobody all of his career. Did anyone stop to think that it may not be just Chester Taylor who's making all the yards for us? Our o-line may be below average on pass blocking, but their run blocking is absolutely astounding, including the right side. Even BRAD ran for a touchdown today.

  2. #2
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    Pinner was a nobody because he had been with the Lions.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    just another point to ponder......but....

    I think most fans expected Fason to get the nod today....
    Do you think that PINNER was truly the choice of the day??
    Or it could it be just the way the game unfolded today??....ie, he had the hot hand so they stayed with him??

    It almost seemed that PINNER was put in a position to shove the game down the Lions throat for cutting him this pre-season.
    Do you think Childress felt that he had something extra to prove and therefore would be the most effective of our backup running backs??

    How big of a grin do you think PINNER had on his face each time he had a reason to walk by Marinelli?
    After all....it was Marinelli that told him he wasnt good enough to play for the Detroit Lions!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  4. #4
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Artose Pinner rushed for 3 TD's today and over 100 yards. This guy was a nobody all of his career. Did anyone stop to think that it may not be just Chester Taylor who's making all the yards for us? Our o-line may be below average on pass blocking, but their run blocking is absolutely astounding, including the right side. Even BRAD ran for a touchdown today.
    In our first game against the Lions, Chester Taylor rushed for 123 yards on 26 carries.
    The Lions D has simply not improved.
    Brad's TD was a scramble from outside the pocket, the only way I would credit the O-Line for Brad's TD is that he had to rush because the pocket collapsed.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  5. #5
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Artose Pinner rushed for 3 TD's today and over 100 yards. This guy was a nobody all of his career. Did anyone stop to think that it may not be just Chester Taylor who's making all the yards for us? Our o-line may be below average on pass blocking, but their run blocking is absolutely astounding, including the right side. Even BRAD ran for a touchdown today.
    In our first game against the Lions, Chester Taylor rushed for 123 yards on 26 carries.
    The Lions D has simply not improved.
    Brad's TD was a scramble from outside the pocket, the only way I would credit the O-Line for Brad's TD is that he had to rush because the pocket collapsed.
    I thought Brad's was a designed rollout. I could be remembering it wrong though.

  6. #6
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    I think our run blocking has improved a lot as the year has gone along.
    I honeslty believe that either Moore or Fason could have performed just as well today.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  7. #7
    Mikecarter81's Avatar
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    823

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    Arti Pinner's play leads one to ponder a wierd question...Is it Taylor or the offensive line, because honestly before this year did anyone other then NFC north people know who Pinner was?
    I doubt it. I mean I know Taylor is good, but what if its more about the line then the back.

    any thought.....

    Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

  8. #8
    PurplePumpkin's Avatar
    PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    418

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I think our run blocking has improved a lot as the year has gone along.
    I honeslty believe that either Moore or Fason could have performed just as well today.
    100% agree! we have a good RB group.

  9. #9
    Gift's Avatar
    Gift is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    811

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I think our run blocking has improved a lot as the year has gone along.
    I honeslty believe that either Moore or Fason could have performed just as well today.
    Agreed, it's not the back.
    It's the line!
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

  10. #10
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: Great rushing attack comes from improved o-line

    i dont think the title of the thread should be "great rushing attack comes from improved o-line".. rather

    "great rushing attack comes from deproved d-line"

    the lions run defense just didnt show up today.. i mean, the o-line stepped up.. but it was the lions... i think it would have been just an above average performence had it been another team (with a winning record)
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings line coaches have done great job
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 09:01 AM
  2. Vikings are NFL's 5th best rushing attack
    By Braddock in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM
  3. Deja vu: Vikes' rushing attack reminiscent of '98 squad
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 01:48 PM
  4. Deja vu: Vikes' rushing attack reminiscent of '98 squad
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 07:45 AM
  5. Falcons | Rushing attack on pace for record-setting season
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 07:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •