Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikeroo is offline Training Camp

Great Offseason for the Vikes...What's still Lacking?

How are we gauging this? LB'er is short experience, but man the Vikes probably have more raw talent there then they have had in 10 to 15 years...

OL depth is pretty thin at Tackle positions...

A speed TE would be nice...

I would like a better kicker, but Elling may improve in year 2...

Return game needs a big boost...

CB depth is fine IMHO at least through the first 4... 1 injury would not hurt that much, but 2 injuries would...

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I think there are tons of question marks. On paper, it's easy to look at the Vikes through purple colored glasses and see improvements everywhere. But until they take the field when the games count, we won't know how well the new young players will play. We should have more speed at LB than we had overall last year, but will young players make more mistakes than vets like Biekert and Crockett? Will Elling's consistency improve, and will Tice not be afraid to use him? Will Hovan look like the Hovan of 2002 or 2003?

With the possible exception of Elling (and at this point, we might as well give him another season), I think the Vikings addressed all of their needs on paper at least. Now it's time to see if these guys can live up to the pedestal we've placed them on.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    I honestly think that cotrell will be a great addition to the D. bu tI see him doing very well here and taking a head coach job in the next few years. It's tough to keep a good coach these days
    I know Cottrell is highly thought of, but does anyone know why he was available? Just curious.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

DoyleRulz84 is offline Rookie

i think the o-line will be good enough for this year. But I think we will have to use our first pick on an o-linemen next year.

The one thing im concerned about is randy's feet we need him at 100%
    4ee016e435d4da86194a9f140c831959

Jason Gildon will likely be cut.

"SKOL" wrote:
    I know Cottrell is highly thought of, but does anyone know why he was available? Just curious.
    My impression was that he was a scapegoat for a Jets team that got off to a bad start without Chad Pennington.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I think the depth at o-line is not very good. The Vikings did draft an o-lineman this year but perhaps a good back-up will be available on June 1st.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

I hope Cottrell does the trick on D. I'm sure he will. But I just hope he sticks with the team for a while so he can groom the players (especially since he had so much influence selecting the D). It would be nice for the players to learn 1 system and get better at it year after year.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

eelpout72 is offline Starter

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    My impression was that he was a scapegoat for a Jets team that got off to a bad start without Chad Pennington.
    I live in NY so i heard a little about Cottrell on ESPN sports radio here. I usually tuned out when they talked about the Jets though so i dont recollect all that much. However i do seem to recall that there was a "difference in philosophy" between Cottrell and Herman Edwards. I have no idea what this really meant but I also do not remember anybody being too upset that he left NY. Again, i must admit that i didnt pay much attention to this at the time though.

arizonacardinals is offline Waterboy

ur lacking a superbowl win and beating us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast