Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Great Offseason for the Vikes...What's still Lacking?

I really like what the vikes have done this offseason.

Secondary: upgraded

D Line : upgraded

Offense: didn't need upgrade, but was upgraded at WR, Depth for RB and O-Line

last question mark?

Can EJ, Natiel, Thomas, claiborne, keep the run contained?

this is my only real concern.

What are your concerns?
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Big C is offline Coordinator

My biggest worry is the depth at LB. I remember reading somewhere that we have a thin LB roster BEFORE Biekert resigned and Crockett was released. I guess we have Raonald Smith but that dude is always injured so it's not even part of the equation.

Also don't forget that we added a deep threat at TE.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

For me depth on Defense, especially LB and CB is the biggest concern.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Big C" wrote:
    My biggest worry is the depth at LB. I remember reading somewhere that we have a thin LB roster BEFORE Biekert resigned and Crockett was released. I guess we have Raonald Smith but that dude is always injured so it's not even part of the equation.

Also don't forget that we added a deep threat at TE.

I gotta think we must be planning on ading a LB after the june 1st cuts. We need a veteran to teach the young guys, and back them up.

I would like to see us get a veteran CB as well. We are an injury away from having depth problems at CB.

I think we are all right at every other position.

O-line-great
    QB- great
    RB- great
    WR-great
    TE-good, I am not as high on wiggins as some people are. he doesn't seem like he is gonna be that much of a deep threat, that we need at TE. Hopefully I'm wrong.

D-Line-Great, before the draft, the d-line was average, but we got a star in udeze and another talented guy who can play both DT and DE, in scott.

LB-good, we are very young and not very deep at LB. I think EJ, nattiel and Thomas all have a ton of talent, but will their inexperience hurt us?

CB-great, but an injury away from being average. If we loose winfield or brian williams to injury, we might be in big trouble

safety-great, russell and chavous are both coming of there first year of starting at SS and FS, so they should improve. I think offord is slowing getting better and better, and is a good backup. Tyrone carter is an average backup, I am not a big fan of his after watching him suck when he was first here.

Special teams is still a concern. We did fix our punting situation, which helps a lot. There is a question mark at field goal kicking, with elling. I personally think he is gonna get better, but he is still young, and you never know. Kick coverage has been shakey for us for a while now. Hopefully we do better there this year too. We got a good return man in the draft, in mewelde, so we are improved in that area.

Last year at this time, we had many many more questions on our team, so we seemed to be much better. Now lets translate that into better play on the field.

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

My biggest concern is run defense. We got hammered by the Raiders, Chargers, and Cardinals. Heck, Flutie ran all over us. I hope they tighten up the run D or we will have a long season. Hopefully our O will win some games for us.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

I honestly think that cotrell will be a great addition to the D. bu tI see him doing very well here and taking a head coach job in the next few years. It's tough to keep a good coach these days
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

My biggest concern is run defense. We got hammered by the Raiders, Chargers, and Cardinals. Heck, Flutie ran all over us. I hope they tighten up the run D or we will have a long season. Hopefully our O will win some games for us.

Mossville is offline Starter

the biggest question for me is at LB. We have only 1 proven LB. EJ and Thomas have potential but untill they prove it on the field, potential means nothing. I like the left side of our Oline but the right side has question marks. Dixon is getting old and rosenthal is decent. The rest looks good but looks can be deceiving. Looking forward to seeing how this defense can gell under Cotrell!!!

eelpout72 is offline Starter

I think that the biggest thing that is lacking now is experience on defense. We could potentially have like 3 or so rookie starters (Udeze, Scott (if Mixon is out on suspension) & Dontarrius Thomas. On top of that E. J. and Raonall Smith have limited experience playing first team ball.

I'm actually a little worried about the O-line. Dixon ain't getting any younger and Rosenthal didn't impress me much. I'd say the left side is fine, but the right is cause for concern
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast