Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knight of God is offline Waterboy

Great To Be Here

I don't want to offend, but I'm really big about the Vikings even though the Falcons are my favorite. The only time I don't root for the Vikings is against the Falcons.

I have to say though, I wasn't all that excited about who the QB will be. Ponder is an athletic specimen, but I guess I'm a bit nervous about him overall. The highlights are exciting, but what is the overall feeling here?

What do you guys think should or will happen at WR? Kyle Rudolph was a huge pick! I wanted him as a Falcon, but the Vikings always seems to make the move that I like LOL!!!

I say the Vikings come back this year 10-6 and wildcard berth.
    None

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Great To Be Here

Quote Originally Posted by "Knight of God" #1098804
    I don't want to offend, but I'm really big about the Vikings even though the Falcons are my favorite. The only time I don't root for the Vikings is against the Falcons.

I have to say though, I wasn't all that excited about who the QB will be. Ponder is an athletic specimen, but I guess I'm a bit nervous about him overall. The highlights are exciting, but what is the overall feeling here?

What do you guys think should or will happen at WR? Kyle Rudolph was a huge pick! I wanted him as a Falcon, but the Vikings always seems to make the move that I like LOL!!!

I like you already.

Well JJ,

Gerhart and Peterson are a match-up nightmare for any DC. Peterson is a freak and I doubt he slips many out these days. Gerhart was a monster pick last year and will pay off this year.

I'd love to see a scatback picked up though. Maybe Deangelo Williams or Bradshaw.

QB is the big ??? For me, but even Favre said that Joe Webb was good news. Webb is like Michael Vick...now-ish. But Ponder will likely start day one. The reason is...beastly run game, three headed monster for TE corps. I REALLY like Rudolph. 3-4 yds out and Ponder can manage a game all day with that running game.

The OL is still one of the best in the league. Give them credit, Favre was blitzed with some unreal packages. The Saints only beat the Vikings the year before because of some questionable things.

The DL is still good. Word is that Ballard will be playing undertackle. Robison and Allen are the edge guys and Griffen and Reed are better than you may think at first. DL is still the best in the league IMO.

LB's are stable enough and Henderson is pretty danged good. Greenway is one of my faves on the LB Corps. I think he's underrated honestly.

I HATE the saftey situation 100%!!! You have 4 good to very good corners and no safety. Plenty of guys in the FA who are good fits though.

I say this team will have a great season. I stand by it.

Ponder will start. He'll be the best QB of this class. Hope Rice comes back.
    None

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hey KoG, welcome aboard the longboat, We are all hoping for a better season.
    As far as Ray goes, he'd be a great fit for your Falcons, great run defender, and better than ave pass rusher, but am still hoping to sign him in Minny.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

More like 6-10. Welcome to the site. Turner is a beast.
    We're bringing purple back.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1098805
    Quote Originally Posted by "Knight of God" #1098804

I like you already.
    Haha! Great minds think alike.

Welcome to the best Viking fan site Knight!!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Knight of God" #1098806
    Well JJ,

Gerhart and Peterson are a match-up nightmare for any DC. Gerhart was a monster pick last year and will pay off this year.

three headed monster for TE corps.

The OL is still one of the best in the league.

DL is still the best in the league IMO.

You have 4 good to very good corners and no safety.

I say this team will have a great season. I stand by it.
    I disagree with/am confused by all these statements. I'm not a big fan of Gerhart and think he will just be an average back, nothing that special and I think he was a waste of a pick. Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see anything out of him that proves he can make it at THIS level. We'll see though.

Not sure who the third "monster" te is? Jimmy? He is a Viking and I love him but he doesn't strike fear into anyone's hearts. If Rudolph lives up to the hype and Shank comes back from penalties and a below avg. year, that will help ponder a ton.

OL? Best in the league? Not even close. A hobbit at center, an aging LG, vastly over-rated and over-paid LT, raw RT with potential, and no real solution at RG (degeare/love?). We have a piss poor oline.

DL best in the league? I'm not an Edwards fan but I know he will be missed unless Robison, who is more of a role player IMO, or Griffen surprise us. Jared and Kwill are studs, but at DT and the other end spot we are hurting/unproven. Middle of the pack at best. We saw what happened when Allen gets the attention, his numbers drop and no one picked up the slack.

4 VERY GOOD Corners?

Winfield-better as a physical presence and in run support than coverage, but still a great player and I love him back there.

Griffin- Started to come into his own till back to back ACL tears. Will be tough to come back from, but even when healthy he wasn't that great.

Cook- Again, health issues, unproven, possible character concerns. I like him but he has to have a good sophomore year to change a lot of minds.

Asher Allen?- I want to puke. He's gotten better, but you can't polish a turd and I don't like him very much.

Our secondary can't catch to save their lives. One of the most frusterating parts of last year was watching them drop all those easy picks. I actually like Jamarca Sanford (for some unknown reason) and Hussain Abdullah. Would love to get rid of Madieu and get a real vet back there.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site my friend.

Other than the brief mention of Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead (aka LNAD, Noodle, Dickhead, waster of 2 years) I like what I'm reading.

At first I was pissed at how the draft unfolded, then, after some study I kindof liked it.

A few comments on your opinions......

a. The OL is still one of the best in the league.

I put up two articles that reference that the Vikings OL is statistically about the middle of the league. Most on here think they are at the bottom of the league.

If you look at how they graded out (middle of the league) with 3 backups in for a good portion of the season, one could make a good discussion point that the line is OK and it has some nice depth in it.

Again, most don't agree with that.

b. You have 4 good to very good corners and no safety.

I agree with you except that I will throw out the discussion point for you with respect to the scheme. Most on here will disagree with you about our secondaries prowess, but only because they are looking for our DB's to be "Shutdown" kindof personnel instead of what they are. Half way decent Cover 2 guys.

My issue with them is mostly related to their ability to stay healthy especially Griff and Whinny.

Additionally, I will tell you that I believe Whinny is a liability at CB and should be moved inside or atleast to S to minimize his exposure on the outside.

Most will disagree with me on that assesment, but in their disagreement they will quickly point out how great he is in run support. Not sure about you, but I want my CB's to be pass defenders first, run defenders second.

DL. Phat Pat should only be brought back if he will accept a limited role (and contract that equates to that) as he just can't go a full game anymore. Kevin is also showing signs of lack of dominance, mostly, I believe, because of the Phat Pats slippage. I'm hoping that Guion will be able to step in and fill the role of the 0/1 technique. If that isn't the case then I hope coach Pagac is going to be a bit more creative when it comes to DL play cause it has basically sucked for the last 2 year.

Most, as you guessed, will disagree with that statement as well. (You seeing a trend here :laugh: )

Ponder. I love the pick and believe he will be that day one starter. Read an article (question/answer) with coach Musgrove last week were he talked about the version of the WCO he will run.

Long story short, he talked abit about Ponder and how he credits Jimbo for running a program that exposed Ponder to several variants of the WCO making him probably as pro ready as any QB coming out of this class.

The Daily Norseman Exclusive Interview With Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave

Again, welcome to the site, post well and post often.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Your OL in one of the best hands down. You got blitzed constantly and there were minimal adjustments.

Those CB's are pretty good and just need time to develop except Winfield. Who to me is like third best at his position. I think Cook would make a decent FS though. Asher Allen would be better suited for the Nickel.

Gerhart is like Snelling. Good to spell Peterson (birthday day before mine) but not a starter.

I like the TE's. Shiancoe is a playmaker period. He had a bad year, but the whole receiving corps struggled. Kleinsasser is a mutant man. He can play some TE as he is one of the best blocking TE's in the league. The with Rudolph you get a hybrid of both. Just an overall polished and athletic player who I scouted all year long. Good character guy and will make a huge difference. Three headed monster at TE.

Let's talk DL.Pat Williams isn't what he use to be, but he is what I wish we had. Space eating is how you get the most out of you LB's and DE's and he has done that. You don't need 10 sacks for that to be the case. K. Williams has always had more pop. Not sure what happened last year, but he could easily be that space eater that Pat was. Allen is a high motor non-stop player who struggled last year. You know Abraham has had single digit seasons himself. Edwards is aiight, Robison is bbetter and Ballard can play both DE and DT (undertackle ala Babineaux that is)

Overall I REALLY like the Vikings and say this. If in the FA you can somehow hold on to Rice and also get another good WR then the Vikings will (WILL) go 10-6 easily. You need a good safety and a good WR. I would hope that a LB would at least get a look.

Love the team, but it seems that the overall outlook is bleak by some. The Vikings are a good team who has suffered some bad calls and a bad year. It happens. The Vikings still and will always have a special place in my heart and is my wife's FAVORITE team.

For me its the Falcons, Vikings, and Ravens. For my Wife its the Vikings, Lions (not sure how she fits that one in), and the Falcons. We both thought the Vikings would be in the SB, but the Vikings were cheated and I'm sure that deflated the overall feeling around here. Thing is you are better than you believe and we ALL think we suck at OL.
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast