Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Great Article With Some Good Points

    http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflgu...1-0B8FEFF2F8B2

    Thought this article kindof put together some great points about the team that were correct/incorrect in some other threads/discussions.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    Interesting spin on the Smoot saga!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    Good read.......

    I think that there are alot of valid points here.
    One thing I would like to see is Bethel Johnson step in and push some of the guys on the WR Corps.
    McMullen has come up big when we have needed him as well.
    We need to shake it up a bit to see if we can get a little competitive fire amongst the receivers.
    Competition will push each of them to do better and with that we could see the offense pick up their pace a bit.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    Good read.
    My personal favorite excerpt:
    This offense calls for its wide receivers to make plays after the catch and they simply have not done that. Is that an indictment on the play calling? No, as usual it has to do with the players on the field executing. That’s what’s been lacking more than anything on offense, an ability to execute on a consistent basis.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    Was it just me or did the Wide Recievers produce more AFTER T-Will went out.
    Bethel looked good on Kick Returns along with Mewelde.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Was it just me or did the Wide Recievers produce more AFTER T-Will went out.

    Bethel looked good on Kick Returns along with Mewelde.

    I had the same impression.
    T-will has been very disappointing.
    He dropped the pass on the TKO play too....pre-injury.
    How many chances does this guy get?
    So far, he cannot be depended on to catch a ball.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,889

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Was it just me or did the Wide Recievers produce more AFTER T-Will went out.

    Bethel looked good on Kick Returns along with Mewelde.

    I had the same impression.
    T-will has been very disappointing.
    He dropped the pass on the TKO play too....pre-injury.
    How many chances does this guy get?
    So far, he cannot be depended on to catch a ball.

    I don't know if I would put that missed catch on T-Will.
    If you watch that play closely, T-Will has to slow up to let the ball catch up to him giving the corner and the safety time to meet him when the ball arrives.
    Looks like the safety punches the ball out and leaves T-Will to get schlaberknockered.
    The ball goes deeper and you have a touchdown
    IMO.

  8. #8
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Was it just me or did the Wide Recievers produce more AFTER T-Will went out.

    Bethel looked good on Kick Returns along with Mewelde.

    I had the same impression.
    T-will has been very disappointing.
    He dropped the pass on the TKO play too....pre-injury.
    How many chances does this guy get?
    So far, he cannot be depended on to catch a ball.

    I don't know if I would put that missed catch on T-Will.
    If you watch that play closely, T-Will has to slow up to let the ball catch up to him giving the corner and the safety time to meet him when the ball arrives.
    Looks like the safety punches the ball out and leaves T-Will to get schlaberknockered.
    The ball goes deeper and you have a touchdown
    IMO.
    You can interpret it many ways.
    If he wants to rise to the #1 WR he needs to catch balls that are thrown within his grasp.
    He does not do that with any consistency.
    I sure hope he begins to, when?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    Its good to see someone from the media talk about Smoot and his play this year. I think he has done a great job. With the exception of DJacks TD we really have not been burned for a long pass play this year. Our Defense has done abopve and beyond expectations. And the 2 people that were the most trashed last year, Nap Harris aned Smoot are 2 of the better players on or Defense this year

  10. #10
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Great Article With Some Good Points

    I do not know how anyone can be singled out for coverage in a zone defense. If you're covering a portion of field that is different then one on one.

    I think the biggest concern with Smoot is his stupid penalties, his poor tackling, and over all his lack of playmaking.

    I have said it before, there are 11 people on defense and our D has not allowed more then 19 points all season. If Fred Smoot is contributing to that in any shape or form and we continue to have those kinds of performances then I can't cry about that at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Great Article on Frazier
    By Texas_Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 12:03 AM
  2. Great Udeze Article
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 01:48 AM
  3. MOVED: Great Article With Some Good Points
    By Del Rio in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 08:45 AM
  4. Great article about D(dont think this one was posted yet)
    By Vikestand in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 05:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •