Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Grading Vikings Week 1

"liddell" wrote:
    I think that if they don't take Tavaris out now they could easily be winless for half the season. I am serious. He isn't Trent Dilfer. He doesn't manage the game and do enought to not lose. He does enough to lose. Those passes behind the back of the reciever looked like sandlot ball and there wasn't a viking for ten yards on that last pitiful interception. Ferrotte, please put him in! This team is good enough to go very far in the playoffs with an almost was qb but not with a never will be.
    "Webby" wrote:
    Excellent work, thank and SKOL!

Another pretty good assessment.
    I disagree. As others have said, there's no way Gus ge's out of jams like Tjack, he doesn't have the legs for it. And I don't know if Gus would be able to come back like Tjack did, or, as someone else said, bail out the ship. While that last point is debatable, I don't know if switching QBs after one game is a good idea, especially not right before we got some hard games coming up against teams that have good D-lines (advantage-Tjack for his legs). Plus, I am one of those that believes Tjack can be something better than an almost was (which very well might instigate an angry response from someone, but I'm cool with that).

Of course, I don't believe any of this discussion matters much. Chilly will ride Tjack to glory or failure, and if he ever does put Gus in it'll probably be too late to salvage the season.

While I don't agree, I do appreciate the fact that this isn't a Booty call. Gus does have at least some appeal for a team that wants to win.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

ragz is offline GM

"liddell" wrote:
    I think that if they don't take Tavaris out now they could easily be winless for half the season. I am serious. He isn't Trent Dilfer. He doesn't manage the game and do enought to not lose. He does enough to lose. Those passes behind the back of the reciever looked like sandlot ball and there wasn't a viking for ten yards on that last pitiful interception. Ferrotte, please put him in! This team is good enough to go very far in the playoffs with an almost was qb but not with a never will be.
    "Webby" wrote:
    Excellent work, thank and SKOL!

Another pretty good assessment.
    that statement is just ridiculous.
    if i recall dilfer wasn't even the starter there to start the season and they didnt score an offensive td for how many weeks in a row?
    he eventually got unseeded in tampa by shawn king cuz he could never win and went on to be a backup every place else.
    but thats the guy you are gonna use as your prime example.
    if doing nothing is your idea of managing a game then you're one hell of a coach.
    maybe we should throw ferrotte on special teams so we dont give up a td, or on run defense or pass defense.
    read this sentence buddy.
    the vikings lost,
    not tavaris, the vikings.
    no rah rah, we lose as a team crap, just facts.
    we did not play well.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    i think the general consensus for those of us not freaking out about a week 1 loss, that its just one loss. We played very inconsistantly, but when it came down to it we were still in the game when the game really mattered. The Pukers were 13-3 last year, one of the top teams in the NFC... no matter how you look at it, thats a good sign.
    Hopefully we will be able to look back at at this and say it was a tough loss to a good team on their turf. Hopefully our team can also learn from it and, most importantly, get better.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567