Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Grading Vikings' Brad Childress at midterm

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Anyone heard from Ziggy Wilf, the man behind the decision to get Childress and no offensive playmakers, and cut Daunte but not other notorious sex boater Smoot?
    I give childress a D- as well.
    Go back and do a little homework.
    CPep wanted out, at any cost and demanded it.
    That's why he's gone.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Anyone heard from Ziggy Wilf, the man behind the decision to get Childress and no offensive playmakers, and cut Daunte but not other notorious sex boater Smoot?
    I give childress a D- as well.
    Well Daunte wanted out, as the post above mine points out. Either that, or he wanted money to be a hobbling turnover machine. I agree with Zygi on that one. Also remember that we DID have a playmaker, a guy who was a former #1 pick and had a 1,000 yard season under his belt and a pro bowl as a kick returner...that is until he decided to have a few drinks and go speeding down the highway.

I don't think you can blame Childress or Zygi. They upgraded (Chester, Leber, Hutch, Longwell, etc.) a team that went 7-2 down the stretch last year. To most, this was a playoff team. I don't think anyone could have foreseen K-Rob crapping out, Brad playing this poorly and our secondary getting dominated.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I give Childress, every WR except McMullen, and the right side of the line super F minuses.

I give the defense except for the lack of depth at corner an A.

Offense gets a super F minus. I repeat, a super F minus.

"Mr" wrote:
    I give Childress, every WR except McMullen, and the right side of the line super F minuses.

I don't understand this sentiment. How can you give the defense a pass for getting burnt for 350 yards and 2 TDs today vs. Old Man Favre and 370 yards and 4 TDs against Brady?

I know the run defense has been great, but you're never going to beat playoff teams if you give up that many yards to good passing teams.

williamsontothebench is offline Training Camp

Who was BC yelling at on the sideline?
    I did not see the game but The big money lineman got a speach.
    What was that all about?
    BC grade went up for me if he got in someones face.

Grade d+

Toro is offline Rookie

I give him a C-.

To me, it comes down to this.
    He has pretty much the same guys on offence from last year, with a few noticeable exceptions where we have considerable upgraded, and the offence is far worse.
    Its his offense.
    He calls the plays.
    The offense has been dreadful at times.

Its his responsibility.
    "This is a kick-ass offense" - BC

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

This offense is Childress's baby. He made it. He calls the plays. Its his QB at the helm. And its the worst offense ive ever seen. 3 and outs, no 3rd down conversions, no red zone at all, dropped passes. He cant run an effcient WCO. He doesnt even give good receivers like Wiggins a chance.

How can an ex QB coach have BJ and Brooks as the QBs? How can a man of discipline have his teams with so many terrible penalties. How can the Oline suck so bad? Its all about coaching. The blame for this years Vikings is all at Childress's feet. In fact the only good thing Childress's has done here was to get Tomlin and Chester. Thats it. Someone please point out any other good hes done, or show hows he is any better then Tice, who was a joke.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

I don't understand this sentiment. How can you give the defense a pass for getting burnt for 350 yards and 2 TDs today vs. Old Man Favre and 370 yards and 4 TDs against Brady?

I know the run defense has been great, but you're never going to beat playoff teams if you give up that many yards to good passing teams.
    I am sympathetic towards our defense because it is the only thing stopping us from being completely blown out in every game we play in.

Go back and watch, we only get burned on 3-4 WR sets, or when our starting DBs (Smoot and Smith) are not in, although Smith was probably in when Driver burned us.

We're gonna give up passing yards when every single QB has 40+ attempts against us, there is no way not to. Good QBs can find holes in the zone and pass for significant yardage.... too bad our offense cant do that.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

B. Straight B.

He's a rookie head coach and face it, we're rebuilding. We beat some good teams early on and we've lost to some bad teams as of late. But still, the point remains that he is a rookie head coach and some error should be expected.

The defense being awesome isn't ALL on tomlin. Childress just may have added to that some..
    The offense is abysmal but what more do you want with the group of guys we have. Some of that is on Childress with the playcalling but even if you completely switch schemes if the players aren't preforming you can't do crap.

Now what happened to the guy with the highest coach approval rating a few weeks ago?

just keep your head up and always remember what goes around comes around. Tarvaris, Chester, and a whole re-vamped receiving corps will be much better next year. We are a few missing pieces away from being an amazing team.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    B. Straight B.

He's a rookie head coach and face it, we're rebuilding. We beat some good teams early on and we've lost to some bad teams as of late. But still, the point remains that he is a rookie head coach and some error should be expected.

The defense being awesome isn't ALL on tomlin. Childress just may have added to that some..
    The offense is abysmal but what more do you want with the group of guys we have. Some of that is on Childress with the playcalling but even if you completely switch schemes if the players aren't preforming you can't do crap.

Now what happened to the guy with the highest coach approval rating a few weeks ago?

just keep your head up and always remember what goes around comes around. Tarvaris, Chester, and a whole re-vamped receiving corps will be much better next year. We are a few missing pieces away from being an amazing team.
    Thank you! There's an actual reasonable response. Thanks PPE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123