Grading Vikings' Brad Childress at midterm

[size=13pt]Grading Vikings' Brad Childress at midterm[/size]

Posted on Sat, Nov. 11, 2006

By Jim Souhan

McClatchy Newspapers

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Grading Vikings' Brad Childress at midterm

I'll give him a C...4-4...BUT I don't think that his coaching killed us in any of the games...mistakes were moreso the problem...particularly the dropped passes...and the fumble in the Chicago game!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

that has to be one of the worst reporters i've read in awhile! if you put any aspects of childress and his coaching job at a negative glance he could look like the worst coach in the NFL!

prepatory coaching: D

? if anything our first drive is impressive! thats his prepatory coaching that's paying off! after that everything is suspect but the prepatory coaching is an A!

The schedule is soft, the NFC is mediocre, and Childress is blessed with a roster of competent veterans, so this should be a playoff team.

our defense has the talent, and it shows. our offensive line has the talent, and chestor has benefited. with the lack of talent at QB and WR it shows,
    and to make a team 1 dimensional gives the opposing team an unbeleivable advantage that even childress cant overcome.

4-4 to me is JUST fine with very legitamate playoff hopes. i gaurantee with tice we would be 2-6 at best with the rest of the season to watch full of anguish and a bunch of cringing as we shatter into a million of penatly-ridden incompetent pieces. childress is going to be a great HC, and to grade a HC in a 1st season with a completely new staff is just plain unfair.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I'll give him a C- at this point.. He is a rookie HC with a 4-4 record, but his play calling is going to ruin our season if he continues the way it is going..

williamsontothebench is offline Training Camp

He has ruined our season!
    He cant coach gets out coached in almost every game!
    To lose to the damn Packers is terrible.
    I cant stand this team now.
    Hell Tice at least would have got in a players face or two..

It is time to right off the season.
    4-5 record if were lucky we may win 1 more game.

Bad coaching, a horse shit qb and a team that cant win!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

childress stinks..he loves himself, and he wont change his approach to any game..unless this teams can recreate moss and culpepper, the defense is going to have some members die from exaustion for the amount of time theyre expected to spend on the field because of this offense..this team hasnt fixed any of its problems offensively, and to me that shows that he is missing some of the most important qualities that a head coach needs..tomlin makes adjustments, and the team always has a great 2nd half defensively, but offensively, childress does nothing throughout the game or season to make this team any better

everytime something works for this team, childress dials up a completely new set of plays that go nowhere..i dont get it, at all

if he wants to be an offensive co-ordinator, he should go do it somewhere else, cuz hes doing a pathetic job as a head coach
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikes09" wrote:
    that has to be one of the worst reporters I've read in awhile! if you put any aspects of childress and his coaching job at a negative glance he could look like the worst coach in the NFL!

preparatory coaching: D

? if anything our first drive is impressive! thats his preparatory coaching that's paying off! after that everything is suspect but the preparatory coaching is an A!

The schedule is soft, the NFC is mediocre, and Childress is blessed with a roster of competent veterans, so this should be a playoff team.

our defense has the talent, and it shows. our offensive line has the talent, and chestor has benefited. with the lack of talent at QB and WR it shows,
    and to make a team 1 dimensional gives the opposing team an unbelievable advantage that even childress cant overcome.

4-4 to me is JUST fine with very legitimate playoff hopes. i guarantee with tice we would be 2-6 at best with the rest of the season to watch full of anguish and a bunch of cringing as we shatter into a million of penalty-ridden incompetent pieces. childress is going to be a great HC, and to grade a HC in a 1st season with a completely new staff is just plain unfair.
    Really?
    After todays performance you're still willing to cut this loser a break?
    People whined all about Mike Tice, yet that idiot had enough brains to lead his team to a sweep of the Packers last season!
    Today's performance should prove to all that Brad Childress is OVER RATED as an NFL head coach that even an IMBECILE like Tice would be preferred!
    At least by this fan!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

F F F F F

to bad there is nothing lower.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I would give him a F. Hasnt done anything right, and either is the worst play caller in the NFL or BJ is the worst QB. Or both. He was supposed to bring discipline to the team, but the team has none. Good coaching is supposed to help stop penalties and dropped passes. And his ego is second to none.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Get off of Childress's dick!

Look at the team he inherited! He gained an inept receiving corps, a quarterback that wanted money or wanted out (who is by the way not ready to play yet either and is sucking in Miami when he does play), an old quarterback and a bad defense! Look at us now...

We got rid of turnover machine money-grubbing Culpepper, we signed Chester Taylor who has worked out pretty damn well, we built one of the best run defenses in the league and are sitting at 4-5 in his first year.

Sure, some things haven't worked and not everyone likes the playcalling, but for a rookie head coach who inherited a team that went 9-7 last year (and was 2-5 before Brad stepped in) they're not doing THAT bad. They've sucked recently, but I attribute that to growing pains and bad quarterback play.

Don't get on Childress too badly....he's only 9 games into his career.

Besides, why did everyone want to blow Tomlin the other week for how well the defense was playing and not give Brad any of the credit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast