Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Grading the Rookies so Far (Bleacher Report)

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Grading the Rookies so Far (Bleacher Report)

Ryan D’Imperio has been impressing at camp after being called up form the practice squad, but his camp performances might not even be enough to earn a spot on the roster.

Why?

Well, Bill Musgrave's system doesn't need a FB by his own admission, and it may come down to whether or not the Vikings feel as if they need to deploy one.
    Our good friend EJmat came up with an idea to use Webb as our 5th WR to keep an additional OLmen.

As I mentioned in reply, FB might be the place were they do that if they feel they need to.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104124
    Ryan D’Imperio has been impressing at camp after being called up form the practice squad, but his camp performances might not even be enough to earn a spot on the roster.

Why?

Well, Bill Musgrave's system doesn't need a FB by his own admission, and it may come down to whether or not the Vikings feel as if they need to deploy one.
    Our good friend EJmat came up with an idea to use Webb as our 5th WR to keep an additional OLmen.

As I mentioned in reply, FB might be the place were they do that if they feel they need to.
    As I mentioned before (no I didn't read the article), I could see them trying to sneak D'Imperio on the roster at the expense of Dugan.

Quite frankly, Dugan doesn't have a role here anymore if D'Imperio seems ready to go. Dugan is a guy who can do everything, but not do anything exceptionally well. Average in all facets of the position at both TE and FB but doesn't stand out. if D'Imperio can do just that, but is younger and cheaper, we might just go that way.

With Shank, Sauce, Rudolph and D'Imperio, that's a crowded TE/FB crew.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104125

Why?

As I mentioned before (no I didn't read the article), I could see them trying to sneak D'Imperio on the roster at the expense of Dugan.

Quite frankly, Dugan doesn't have a role here anymore if D'Imperio seems ready to go. Dugan is a guy who can do everything, but not do anything exceptionally well. Average in all facets of the position at both TE and FB but doesn't stand out. if D'Imperio can do just that, but is younger and cheaper, we might just go that way.

I thought discussions stimulated by Bleacher Report were below you and Caines standards.

On a side note, you did see my comment on the other FB who actually brings catching the football to the table right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104127

Why?

I thought discussions stimulated by Bleacher Report were below you and Caines standards.
    Not entirely. Linking to the BR as reference to anything is below me and Caine's standards :P.

Linking to a story that is terribly written, uses false statistics etc. is below me and Caine's standards.

Linking to something, throwing out an idea about a FB then me commenting on your post without reading the actual article seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104130

Why?

Not entirely. Linking to the BR as reference to anything is below me and Caine's standards :P.

Linking to a story that is terribly written, uses false statistics etc. is below me and Caine's standards.

Linking to something, throwing out an idea about a FB then me commenting on your post without reading the actual article seems fine.
    I'm now officially lumping you and our O-coord on a spreadsheet all your own.

"Lost and Confused".:P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104132
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104130

Why?

I'm now officially lumping you and our O-coord on a spreadsheet all your own.

"Lost and Confused".:P
    You do as you see fit. Much like Musgrave is.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Link is... ummm.... well... wrong!
    It's linking to the "Offensive Line Remains Last Glaring Hole To Address" article.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1104140
    Link is... ummm.... well... wrong!
    It's linking to the "Offensive Line Remains Last Glaring Hole To Address" article.
    Hahaha. No one saw that because no one clicked on the stupid thing.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.