Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Grades so far (A to F)

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    QB's: D: Tarvaris was pretty bad while he was in there. It's a bad sign for your team when Kelly Holcomb is a refreshing sight.

RB's: A-: Adrian Peterson is sick. I believe he leads the NFL in total yards from scrimmage or he's at least close. Chester has played well when not injured but the injury part grades them down. Mewelde is decent as usual when he's in there.

WR's: C: I really don't see the WR's as one of the huge problems on this team. I think they could use a big playmaker to make Tarvaris' first year easier but otherwise they're improving each week. Wade looks like a solid pickup so far and I loved Rice's game last week. If the QB had time in the pocket to throw to these guys i'm sure their stats would be much higher.

OL: I decided to split this into to categories because it was necessary.

Pass Blocking- F: They can't pass block to save their lives.
    Run Blocking- B: the occasional bad play where Adrian has to save himself but for the most part they are a good run blocking line all the way across.

TE: D: Shiancoe can't block worth crap. Kleinsasser can't receive worth crap.

DL: B-: The Williams are playing admirably in the run game as usual and we have a little bit more of a pass rush than last year with the addition of Robison but these guys need to step up big time like they did in the Atlanta game.

LB: B+: I really like our linebacking corps. EJ has done extremely well adjusting back to MLB. Greenway is looking great for what is essentially his rookie season. Leber is doing well but not making the amazing plays, essentially what we ask of him. Solid unit.

CB: C: Winfield does well in the run game. He's not the best against the pass (probably because he's a man coverage guy) but he does his job OK. Griffin isn't looking too good and neither is McCauley as far as their getting burned a lot.

S: C: We haven't heard much from these guys but I assume that means that they're not making plays. They need to step up and be playmakers out there.

Special Teams: A: Great kick returns. Great kick coverage. Great punting. Great Kicking . In fact, longwell has even improved his kickoffs immensely. The addition of Ciurciu to go along with Farwell is clearly paying off.

Coaching: D: I'm as angry at Childress and Bevell as the rest of you so until they prove to me that they can field a winning team I still want them fired. Frasier has pretty much stepped in and done what Tomlin did last year which bodes well for our defense.
    Kelly holcomb was not refreshing but he did have a few nice passes.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Grades so far (A to F)

"marstc09" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    QB's: D: Tarvaris was pretty bad while he was in there. It's a bad sign for your team when Kelly Holcomb is a refreshing sight.

RB's: A-: Adrian Peterson is sick. I believe he leads the NFL in total yards from scrimmage or he's at least close. Chester has played well when not injured but the injury part grades them down. Mewelde is decent as usual when he's in there.

WR's: C: I really don't see the WR's as one of the huge problems on this team. I think they could use a big playmaker to make Tarvaris' first year easier but otherwise they're improving each week. Wade looks like a solid pickup so far and I loved Rice's game last week. If the QB had time in the pocket to throw to these guys i'm sure their stats would be much higher.

OL: I decided to split this into to categories because it was necessary.

Pass Blocking- F: They can't pass block to save their lives.
    Run Blocking- B: the occasional bad play where Adrian has to save himself but for the most part they are a good run blocking line all the way across.

TE: D: Shiancoe can't block worth crap. Kleinsasser can't receive worth crap.

DL: B-: The Williams are playing admirably in the run game as usual and we have a little bit more of a pass rush than last year with the addition of Robison but these guys need to step up big time like they did in the Atlanta game.

LB: B+: I really like our linebacking corps. EJ has done extremely well adjusting back to MLB. Greenway is looking great for what is essentially his rookie season. Leber is doing well but not making the amazing plays, essentially what we ask of him. Solid unit.

CB: C: Winfield does well in the run game. He's not the best against the pass (probably because he's a man coverage guy) but he does his job OK. Griffin isn't looking too good and neither is McCauley as far as their getting burned a lot.

S: C: We haven't heard much from these guys but I assume that means that they're not making plays. They need to step up and be playmakers out there.

Special Teams: A: Great kick returns. Great kick coverage. Great punting. Great Kicking . In fact, longwell has even improved his kickoffs immensely. The addition of Ciurciu to go along with Farwell is clearly paying off.

Coaching: D: I'm as angry at Childress and Bevell as the rest of you so until they prove to me that they can field a winning team I still want them fired. Frasier has pretty much stepped in and done what Tomlin did last year which bodes well for our defense.
    Kelly holcomb was not refreshing but he did have a few nice passes.
    Compared to Tarvaris, Definitely refreshing. I'm all for starting Tarvaris for the future but seriously... It was ugly with him in there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123