Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Grades so far (A to F)

Thought just for the hell of it, I would put together my own, very biased and in no way objective grades so far for the Team:

- QBs: D-
    - Running backs: Peterson: A (others: C)
    - Offensive line: B-
    - Tight ends: C
    - Receivers: D-

- Defensive line: B- (A for run defense, C- for pass rush)
    - Linebackers: B+
    - Corners: C-
    - Safeties: B
    - Special teams: C

- Coaching: D

- Fans: F (just kidding)

But seriously, I see coaching + the QB/WR issue to be critical at this point. The corners are not pressing the receivers on the line of scrimmage, which to me, is a HUGE issue, if you are playing the Cover 2.

The receivers are, except for Rice, almost non-existent (how much did we pay Wade ??).

QB is just a train wreck. Coaching is sad and pathetic.

I want to end on a positive note: defensive line and some defenders (E.J. Henderson and Winfield have played very well). Peterson is a monster and will keep getting better. Rice is starting to look like a real NFL receiver.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Grades so far (A to F)

Special teams should be a little higher...they have looked pretty solid for the most part.
    I think that Holcomb deserves a break for coming in and automatically being better than Bollinger, even though he still isn't on the same page with his WRs (he will be as the season progresses).
    The WRs (Sidney Rice in particular, but also TWill) also are improving every week and deserve better than a D-.
    I think that the grade for the LBs is a bit high (they got torched underneath against the Packers...by Bubba 'Freakin' Franks for God's sake)...and the CBs grade should be higher simply because of Winfield's play.
    I can pretty much agree with the rest of your grades (except the fans of course...that is ALWAYS an A+!!!)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Thought just for the hell of it, I would put together my own, very biased and in no way objective grades so far for the Team:

- QBs: D-
    - Running backs: Peterson: A (others: C)
    - Offensive line: B-
    - Tight ends: C

- Defensive line: B- (A for run defense, C- for pass rush)
    - Corners: C-
    - Safeties: B
    - Special teams: C

- Coaching: D

- Fans: F (just kidding)

But seriously, I see coaching + the QB/WR issue to be critical at this point. The corners are not pressing the receivers on the line of scrimmage, which to me, is a HUGE issue, if you are playing the Cover 2.

The receivers are, except for Rice, almost non-existent (how much did we pay Wade ??).

QB is just a train wreck. Coaching is sad and pathetic.

I want to end on a positive note: defensive line and some defenders (E.J. Henderson and Winfield have played very well). Peterson is a monster and will keep getting better. Rice is starting to look like a real NFL receiver.

I am sorry but I disagree with a lot of this.

QB: D, you try playing behind that line. These guys are also making some bad throws.

RB: A, doing very well behind that line. I think they are all solid.

OL: F, all that money and very little protection.

TE: C-, Because Dugan sucks, otherwise they are catching the ball well but blocking could improve.

WR: B, I think they are decent and could be great if Rice could see they field, the line would block and the QBs could hit them.

DL: B, run stopping is great but the pressure is still lacking.

LB: C, EJ is a stud but Greenway needs to get it together and stop missing tackles, falling down, blowing coverage, and getting run over by running backs.

CB: C, Winfield is great but his cast needs to step up.

S: B+, man these guys get hit.

ST: B+, these guys actually look good. Now we need some returns.

Coaching: F, not prepared and not adjusting.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

RB
    I'm going to have to go A.
    AP is averaging 5.0 yds; CT average 5.3 yds; MM average 7.1 yds!!!
    OL
    Before last week, I might lean to F, but I saw some improvement, and there is the stats above.
    C-
    TE
    Shank has missed a few blocks, but he's caught 9 of 12.
    Kleiny is still a blocking machine.
    B+
    QB
    Inaccurate and costly mistakes.
    D
    WR
    Some drops-Fergy!
    Lots of missed, wide open oppurtunities, due mostly to the guys above.
    B

DL
    A-
    We're tied for 7th in the NFL with 12 sacks!
    And first in Run D!
    Nice Work! But more pressure is good too.
    LB
    B+
    Looking comfortable, Greenway is making plays, and they're containing the outside runs.
    CB
    B
    Winfield is great so this gets bumped.
    Griffin and MacCauley are young, and are getting tested often, but should continue to show improvement as the year goes on.
    S
    A
    I even like our backups here.
    Sharper should have had another pick last Sunday.
    ST
    B-
    Not bad.
    Getting decent field position often enough to keep even our poor offense in games.

Fans?
    Buckup little camperoos, things could always be worse
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

OFFENSE: C- (Pass= F, Run= A)

- QBs: D- (Jackson: 5 interceptions in 2 games. Thats impressive. Brooks can only be a back up. Just too many essentials he doesnt have. Holcomb was decent. In my opinion we have 3 low end backups.)

- Running backs: A (Peterson A+. Looking amazing and Taylors holding his own I'd say a B)

- Offensive line: C+ (This is 3 pro bowlers. Im thinking its the scheme. Cook looks like a civi. Hicks is Hicks. Our other side I just don't know. They'll come around in my opinion)

- Tight ends: B (Shancoe looked pretty good. If nothing else Kleinsasser looks like he can atleast be a top end back up. Ive always loathed Dugan ever since Brad Johnson threw it to him right on the numbers verse Chicago. It hit off of his pads trying to catch with his body and got picked by Chicago and now if it weren't for his fumble in Green Bay it would have been a different game)

- Receivers: B+ (They have looked decent. I think Rice will be something amazing someday. Great at adjusting his body and so far is the sure catch. Wade is a really good receiver. Catches it when its thrown to him well. Williamson can catch much better now and he's a burner but I dont think he can adjust his body well and twist and turn like Rice can and make those catches that should be his. Allison some day. Some day.)

DEFENSE: A+ (Run A+ Pass B-)

- Defensive line: A- (Great run defense still. Larry Johnson can't do it. No body can. Our pass rush is fine. We been getting the pressure. We got in Favres face last game very often. its just he always got rid of it immediately to a check down that went for 7 yards after. We're tied for 2nd in sacks I beleive. Thats great. Rotating Pat and Spencer to keep them fresh with Kevin Williams is amazing and Edwards, James and Udeze is deadly. Depth is great at D-line which is why we can do this.)

- Linebackers: B+(Leber and Greenway can get it done. They look great. IN my opinion I think the real only weak link is EJ Henderson. I just don't think he can be a great NFL Middle linebacker. A MLB has to be the leader on that defense and smart like Jack Lambert. That guy was a genius. I see all the physical tools just not the leadership and smarts that he should have.)

- Corners: B- (The only weak link is they always go toward Griffin on 3rd down and Griffin plays every play like he doesn't want to get burned. I blame coaching for that. He should be playing up and coaches should be telling him that. Winfeild is playing exceptionally and McCauly when he rotates in is not a huge impact butnot recognized for the great not recognized for the terrible a good solid player who some day can be something)

- Safeties: A (Darren Sharper is simple amazing. See that tip toe in Detroit. He looked like Randy Moss. Dwight Smith Id give a high B. Against Green bay I saw him break up passes and the amzing strip down at the 5 yard line was both physically impressive and took some thinking on that feild

- Special teams: B (Adrian Peterson in the return game was amazing. Returning one almost for six. Another past the 30. If we can get past the 30 every time Im happy. And importantly is that we aren't noticeably bad this year.)

- Coaching: F(Play calling. Dont adjust as we go on to the other team. Dont communicate well with the players. I could start another thread with this)

- Fans: B- (No offense but can't give an A when we're all so separated. Don't doubt your loyalty or your love and devotion for the Vikes but every body's separated by this pro TJ. Pro Childress and the others get rid of them both. ITs so diverted. We shouldn't have this stupid animosity among ourselves when we can focus that hatred on the Packers
    ;D)
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I will stick to your format for ease of the readers:

- QBs:
    D
    - Running backs:
    B+
    - Offensive Line:
    F
    - Tight ends: D+

- Defensive line:
    C+

- Corners: D
    - Safeties: D+
    - Special teams: B

- Coaching: D-

-
    Fans:
    D

OVERALL:
    D

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

- QBs:
    D
    - Running backs:
    B+
    - Offensive Line:
    F

- Defensive line:
    C+

-
    Fans:
    D

OVERALL:
    D
    Is someone a little grumpy? Did you have a rough day?
    ;D

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Coaching?
    Incomplete.
    Too early to tell.
    The easy games we thought turned out to be against teams that are now collectively 10-6.
    The tougher games ahead are now against teams that are 7-9, three that are 1-3.
    I like all the youthful talent we've accumulated!
    Now, we need to grind through these growing pains and, hopefully, see them improve each week and begin to succeed!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Mr" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

- QBs:
    D
    - Running backs:
    B+
    - Offensive Line:
    F

- Defensive line:
    C+

-
    Fans:
    D

OVERALL:
    D
    Is someone a little grumpy? Did you have a rough day?
    ;D
    No, I just did not think I had to go into detail.
    We are 1-3, our team is embarrasing bro.

In order the earn Ultra's grades you have to be a lot better than what we have seen.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Coaching?
    Incomplete.
    Too early to tell.
    The easy games we thought turned out to be against teams that are now collectively 10-6.
    The tougher games ahead are now against teams that are 7-9, three that are 1-3.
    I like all the youthful talent we've accumulated!
    Now, we need to grind through these growing pains and, hopefully, see them improve each week and begin to succeed!
    good point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast