Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Grade TJ's Performance

I am pretty sure that we all agree on how TJ did, but post-wise the optimist vs. pessimist battle shows the opposite. Let's see if there really is a consensus, or if we are split on the issue.

Please merge with the "Will Tjack ever improve" thread.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Grade TJ's Performance

10 for 12 and 129 yards with 1 TD.

I was happy with this but I think he needs to make quicker decisions when deciding if he is going to run or pass. It seems that he thinks about it and then gets sacked. When he does run well it excites me. I love a running QB. 38 rushing yards is pretty darn good for a QB.

Overall I think he looked above average and I think he will continue to get better.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    I am pretty sure that we all agree on how TJ did, but post-wise the optimist vs. pessimist battle shows the opposite. Let's see if there really is a consensus, or if we are split on the issue.

Please merge with the "Will Tjack ever improve" thread.
    Right now he gets an "I" for Incomplete because I don't think I will be ready one way or the other to judge him fully until the season is over.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I gave him a B which i deemed as generious.
    If it was anyone else and you say that a QB had 129 yards passing you would give him a C.
    An A would be 3-4 TDs 300+ yards.
    A B should be 2 tds - 1 int 250+ yards
    A C should be 1 td - 2+ int but a win
    A D should be 0 tds 1+ int and a lose

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

For the game, solid B.
    The 38 rushing yards helped greatly in that it gives another dimension for an opposing defense to deal with.
    Made some solid throws, a little shaky at times in the pocket, but, finally deciding to tuck and run a couple of times should give him a confidence boost.
    Cautiously optimistic.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

B

he managed the game well, no turnovers. did not force it, showed smarts by getting rid of the ball, and moved well.

He played an awesome pass rush team and got out of there without giving them the ball.
    To me, that is good.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    B

he managed the game well, no turnovers. did not force it, showed smarts by getting rid of the ball, and moved well.

He played an awesome pass rush team and got out of there without giving them the ball.
    To me, that is good.
    Is ultra finally starting to have faith in Tarvaris?

I have always had faith in him. This is what we need him to do just protect the football and dont force anything. He just needs to play smart and not lose games for us. I think if he somehow leads us into the playoffs and plays well the guy should have a few more years to prove he is the guy. I still believe that he is going to be our future QB.....He needs to stay healthy also.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

I'm actually giving him an A-. I know this sounds crazy, but the thing is, what was Tarvaris's assignment? As far as I can ascertain, his assignment was to play mistake-free football, make smart throws, continue to develop in a positive direction, and take care of the football. He basically did all of this.

His assignment was not to make all of the decisions on offense and completely run it. In fact, I have doubts as to whether he's even allowed to call much for audibles at this point (I'm sure he has some freedom here, but it's probably a pretty short leash). When you take this in consideration along with the fact that we have the best running game in the NFL and the defense kept the offense off the field for a large portion of the game (due to mulitple interceptions returned for touchdowns), then you only end up with Tarvaris being asked to throw 20 passes (12 actually thrown, 5 sacks that should have been passes, and 3 rushes that would have been passes).

Thus, the only thing you can really grade Tarvaris on is these 20 would-be passes. These comprised the extent of his assignment. Of these 20, 12 actually got off. 10 were completed and 1 was thrown away to avoid a sack. That's an 83% completion rate and one good decision. This deserves a pretty solid A.

The five sacks were partly Tarvaris's fault for not getting rid of the ball and partly the line's fault for not protecting him. Considering we were playing one of the best pass rushes in the NFL, I'm going to call this one even on the part of Tarvaris, and give him a B.

The three scrambles added up to 38 yards (12.67 average). That would be a big A+ for Tarvaris in this department.

Just based on his assignment I would give him an A, but the fumble forces me to give him an A-.

Now I just hope he can maintain some consistency, because that's what's really going to be key in knowing whether he can develop into our franchise QB.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I give him an A because he did everything that was asked of him and more with the scrambling.
    His stats aren't out of this world, but our defense was on the field a lot because the D kept scoring.
    Besides that we had the lead for the majority of the game and did not get all pass-happy.
    If he plays like he did against the Giants the rest of the way, I think we make the playoffs.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

well V, you know what i think of him if anyone wants to know look at the will TJack ever improve thread.
    as for his grading, i'd give him a B-.
    I think he played just well enough to not be rated a C, but not well enough for a full B.
    to me, being rated a B would involve up to 2 td passes, 190-240 pass yards, and mobility in the pocket.

i couldn't bring myself to rate him a C, because he was fairly efficient and didn't make many mistakes.
    the main knock i have on him is he takes waay too long to get rid of the ball.
    the guy has no pocket awareness whatsoever.
    if he starts demonstrating this, i think he can become a good QB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast