Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nzviking is offline Coordinator

Grade the New guys!!(rooks and FA's)

Ok, our team has been changed alot from our offseason transactions. Whats our thoughts on them?

Free Agents..

1. Cris Clairbone- Started the season with a bang leading the tackles and getting some turnovers, his presence is just good to have in the linebacking corps alone.. Still hes really really tailed of lately pushing him out of the pro bowl and hes really really banged up right now and wont get back to 100% for a long time, but in the long run this is the best Free Agent we have singed in Donkeys years....... GRADE= B- []

2. Denard Walker- A guy who stood out in 2 good Defense's(Titans, bronco's) came to us and we thoguht he would be our savour.... Hes looked no better than Eric Kelly did last year i feel, sometimes WR's have taken the ball and hes not even in the same picture!!, ive been very dissapointed with this guy but in his defense hes joined a bad team and every CB will struggle in this system..........GRADE= D- [ba]

3. Brian Russell- Ok hes no FA or rookie but still a new guy. Got his name heard around the league with that INT run and all but take that away and hes not a playmaker at all, i actually dont like him and dont think hes playing well, lots of his INT's were of tips and should be credited to the DL for there rush anyway, i counted a few of those INT's which he made himself, apart from that hes nothing, bad awarness and dosent seem to get to the ball enough.............. GRADE= D

4. Ken Irvin- Not huge amounts expected from this old guy when he came in, was spose to be a nickel. A guy who was ignored all through preseason and really not a very big talent.. Still im loving his effort hes giving out there and think hes playing well above what i expected. Was a Great Cheap pickup in my books..... GRADE= C-

5. Charles Stackhouse- I bet most of you forgot about this one, i havent.. When hes been out there hes not making mistakes and he joined the team late and hasnt done much wrong, you have to have a full back somewhere and this is a decent young one at that, pleased with this pickup alot.... GRADE C-

6. Gus Ferotte- I look at him on the sidelines and look at some of our others and i see a difference, and i think hows he just been here 1 year?, this guy really gives a toss about what happens out there, hes doing anything he can to win and he played amazing in his time out there, he just seems a real good team guy from a fans veiw and i hope him and daunte can be together for a good long time, i was so mad when we took the guy from FA aswell, exceeded my expectations more than anyone........ GRADE A+ []

The Avery, Billy Lyon players etc etc arent worth talking about...

----Rookies----

1. Kevin Williams- We shock the world slowing up the draft, then shock us more passing on suggs and Jimmy Kennedy for a Guy who was way down pros and fans boards, but hell i cant think of a better find in the draft than this one(moss and hovan were proven, dosent count), this guy has a great future in minney, hes shown this through 11 games, i cant say enough about the guy right now and am going to grade him well.......... GRADE= A []

2. Ej Henderson- Some though he was a top 25 type player?, but lots passed on him, and for good reason... All the LB's that went ahead of him have outplayed him, Nick Barnett by a mile and is the DEF rook of the year by a mile... EJ hasnt adapted to the NFL speed to well at all and dosent deserve the playing time ppl say we should be giving him, he needs time... I just hope hes not a R smith Linebacker, not 2 busts.............. GRADE= D-

3. Nate Burelson- We keep giving you a chance mate, take it and become famous beside Randy!!, we got him quite late and diddnt give him to much in camp snap wise... hes a Rookie WR and history shows they struggle, hes had his times........... GRADE= C

4. O Smith- Steal of the draft?, not quite?, but played better than anything else we have got that late so hes a steal but not the SOD... Missed a prime chance to shine but diddnt dissapoint, show us some stuff on special teams now............. GRADE= C-

No others worth nothing really(and the lions game is 5mins away_

Are my ratings wrong?, or to hard like always???[Beer]

Sprewell27 is offline Rookie

supafreak8403 is offline Training Camp

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

nzviking is offline Coordinator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast