Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Gotta Love EBAY!

After some investigating, I've determined that the jerseys are FAKES.

First of all, Adrian Peterson authentics aren't even being sold by NFL shop.

Then I found two distinct errors with the jersey itself.

I found HerdDaVikes' seller and here's a picture of the jersey he bought;

Now compare that to a picture of Peterson and Zygi Wilf, not long after the 2007 NFL Draft had taken place.

[img width=450 height=363]http://sooners.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/adrian-peterson-28-jersey.jpg[/img]

If you look close, you'll see two discrepancies:

#1 Look at the top left corner of the big 2. The length of the starting point differs. The Ebay jersey has a much longer starting point than the official Vikings jersey.

#2 Look at the N in PETERSON. In the Ebay picture, you'll see that in has a tail coming off of the bottom right, while in the Wilf picture, you can see there is no tail, the N is straight on the right side.

You'll see a visual comparison below. While one is home, and one is away, both official Vikings jerseys have the same letter and number fonts in real life.

[img width=450 height=186]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/funkydunkleman/fake.png[/img]

While there are tons of fake jerseys out there on Ebay, this guy does a really good job at disguising it. I don't know how they get a hold of Reebok tags and logos, but can't get the exact fonts for the name and number. So I'm sorry to report to the few here that bought them, that they are not the real thing, but merely the cubic zironias of NFL apparel. But don't worry, it's still great price and no one else will likely notice. I was about to buy one myself, but I thought I'd make sure they were real, and they aren't.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"arrested_developer" wrote:

Now compare that to a picture of Peterson and Zygi Wilf, not long after the 2007 NFL Draft had taken place.

[img width=450 height=363]http://sooners.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/adrian-peterson-28-jersey.jpg[/img]

#1 Look at the top left corner of the big 2. The length of the starting point differs. The Ebay jersey has a much longer starting point than the official Vikings jersey.

#2 Look at the N in PETERSON. In the Ebay picture, you'll see that in has a tail coming off of the bottom right, while in the Wilf picture, you can see there is no tail, the N is straight on the right side.

You'll see a visual comparison below. While one is home, and one is away, both official Vikings jerseys have the same letter and number fonts in real life.

[img width=450 height=186]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/funkydunkleman/fake.png[/img]

While there are tons of fake jerseys out there on Ebay, this guy does a really good job at disguising it. I don't know how they get a hold of Reebok tags and logos, but can't get the exact fonts for the name and number. So I'm sorry to report to the few here that bought them, that they are not the real thing, but merely the cubic zironias of NFL apparel. But don't worry, it's still great price and no one else will likely notice. I was about to buy one myself, but I thought I'd make sure they were real, and they aren't.
    So who really cares if there are subtle differences. Like you said, you had to look long & hard to even notice those.

So whose even ging to notice or care when they see you wearing it?

The big difference here is one costs $300, the other $40.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have 7 jerseys that look authentic, than 1 that is actually made by Reebok.

When I see someone wearing a Vikings jersey, I think cool, he's wearing a Vikings Jersey.

It makes no difference if it's made by Champion, Reebok or someone else. It's still a Vikings jersey.

I don't think, "Oh, it's not an actual Reebok? The guys has a junk piece of shit he's wearing".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

To me, authentic jerseys have a different purpose.
    You buy them, try and get the autograph for it, and than frame it up.

I was just trying to point out they weren't the real thing so people would know. Some only want the real thing. I'll probably buy one, but I want to see if I can combine orders.

By the way, if anyone's interested in some other unauthentic authentics, check out these one's from Singapore for cheap. I know it's Asia, but I compared these to the real thing and the difference is no more noticable than in the Peterson one.

Walter Payton
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-CHICAGO-BEARS-WALTER-PAYTON-REEBOK-JERSEY-52_W0QQitemZ250145158144QQihZ015QQcategoryZ206QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Laurence Maroney
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-NEW-ENGLAND-PATRIOTS-LAURENCE-MARONEY-RBK-JERSEY-52_W0QQitemZ250143889619QQihZ015QQcategoryZ206QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Reggie Bush
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-NEW-ORLEANS-SAINTS-REGGIE-BUSH-REEBOK-JERSEY-52_W0QQitemZ250144144846QQihZ015QQcategoryZ206QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

LT
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-NFL-SAN-DIEGO-CHARGERS-TOMLINSON-REEBOK-JERSEY-52_W0QQitemZ250144576742QQihZ015QQcategoryZ206QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Peyton Manning
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-SUPER-BOWL-PEYTON-MANNING-COLTS-REEBOK-JERSEY-52_W0QQitemZ250144794664QQihZ015QQcategoryZ206QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

There's others too.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:

So who really cares if there are subtle differences. Like you said, you had to look long & hard to even notice those.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have 7 jerseys that look authentic, than 1 that is actually made by Reebok.

When I see someone wearing a Vikings jersey, I think cool, he's wearing a Vikings Jersey.

It makes no difference if it's made by Champion, Reebok or someone else. It's still a Vikings jersey.

I don't think, "Oh, it's not an actual Reebok? The guys has a junk piece of pooh he's wearing".
    singer, thats true, and i totally agree with you..if it was made in the united states or canada, id buy it anyways, but since its from china, id refuse..these are the same fools using the money from selling fake jerseys turning around and selling fake medicine, and electronics products that end up hurting or killing people..theyre also the same groups of people that walk into chinese homes and kill their dogs and cats at random to try passing it off as another animal's fur..unfortunately its the chinese government thats in on most of the black market crap
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I don't think, "Oh, it's not an actual Reebok? The guys has a junk piece of pooh he's wearing".
    singer, thats true, and i totally agree with you..if it was made in the united states or canada, id buy it anyways, but since its from china, id refuse..these are the same fools using the money from selling fake jerseys turning around and selling fake medicine, and electronics products that end up hurting or killing people..theyre also the same groups of people that walk into chinese homes and kill their dogs and cats at random to try passing it off as another animal's fur..unfortunately its the chinese government thats in on most of the black market crap
    LOL! Where did you pull that from? How do you know that the same people who sell fake jerseys in China are the very same people that go into houses & kill animals at will for their fur, sell fake medicine & knock-off electronics that kill people?

Where are Reebok jerseys & their components actually made?

Throwing a statement like that out there is like me stating I won't buy an real authentic Reebok jersey from an eBay seller in the USA, because they might use that money to buy drugs & sell it to school children.

You can't go through your own home without finding several things that are made in China or another 3rd world country.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

I don't think, "Oh, it's not an actual Reebok? The guys has a junk piece of shit he's wearing".
    Excellent catches.
    In this case, I'm like SInger.
    I'd rather pay $40 then $300 when it comes to actual players unless I'm planning on having it signed.
    I'll pay the $300 for my customized jerseys that I have because I know I will always be a Viking fan.
    Can't promis Peterson will always be a Viking.
    Just my 2 cents.

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

I took a look at the Jersey, and it looks like I have been had. But, at 40 bones, it is still cheaper than a real replica jersey. I am not unhappy in the least, I still have a vikings jersey to wear on Sundays.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

It is a nice jersey.....and the price was decent.....

Ebay buyers should always beware

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I bought one too.
    How long does it take to get to you?
    For $40 who cares?
    It's better than the $75 you pay for the screened numbers and names that fade after 3 washes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast