Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Got to love this letter

"Schutz" wrote:
    Yet another stupid purple tinted rant from yet another bitter Vikings fan who doesn't like to acknowledge anybody cares about anything other than what the Vikings mediocre season means for next year.
    Unless they find a way to physically make Wisc. farther away or move the Twin Cities there is going to be sports coverage of Green Bay do to where the city is located.
    I'll ask you this, if people didn't want to listen about the Packers wouldn't you think they'd stop listening or reading?
    Yet these stations and publications still pull big numbers.

People just like to be angry over something, some GREAT injustice to the Vikings fanbase.
    People like the Packers, get over yourself.

I love your picture at the bottom of your post! I want to be part of the ppo mafia!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Yet another stupid purple tinted rant from yet another bitter Vikings fan who doesn't like to acknowledge anybody cares about anything other than what the Vikings mediocre season means for next year.
    Unless they find a way to physically make Wisc. farther away or move the Twin Cities there is going to be sports coverage of Green Bay do to where the city is located.
    I'll ask you this, if people didn't want to listen about the Packers wouldn't you think they'd stop listening or reading?

People just like to be angry over something, some GREAT injustice to the Vikings fanbase.

I love your picture at the bottom of your post! I want to be part of the ppo mafia!!
    Go right ahead.
    ;D ;D ;D

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

You know I am not a packer fan by any means however I dont like all the media that goes on about Brett and all that he has accomplished. With that said he has gotten alot done is his career and has gone thru alot. But give him credit, but you dont have to Make Him out to Be The Foot Ball GOD! I know Some
    Media writers are jealous we didnt have him including me but I am extremely happy and hoping he can be the one to put the frown on the ending of the perfect season of the New England Cheating Patriots. The Kid has heart that alot dont have. But yes I dont like Rosen because of his LOVE for Favre, and There are some others. Just like everything else that needs to be done in the media say what happened and let it be over. Do not describe it in detail and maybe we wont have copy cats. SKOL
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Priceless letter there and I understand the mans frustration to a point, but try being a Vikings fan in N. California. Here we rarely see anything at all about the Vikings, and the media keeps trying to feed us horse manure about how much Mike Martz is the second coming of christ for the freeking 49ers.

The most Vikings coverage we ever saw was when Moss came to Oakland. You would have thought Aliens had landed at the Black Hole or something. Page after page for weeks in the Oakland Tribune.

Yet when Cory Stringer died they gave a two paragraph... un-intelligible...loaded with tripe....rant about how everyone should be aware of Heat Stoke, and be sure to drink plenty of fluids this summer when you hike, jog, workout, etc.

As far as Farve and the media out here goes....Same thing. These sports news writers are humping each others legs daily over the Packer/Farve (Old Football Fart/Had a Bad Thumb/Wife survived Cancer/He's a Cinderella Story/) non-sense they think we all want to read about.

At least you guys get something worthwhile to read about on occasion about the Vikings. Unfortunately the sports press Farve Droolers seem to out in droves currently. They actually have kicked Tom Brady and the Pats to the curb recently to go after the America loves Farve Bandwagon view.

What have the Chargers (A west coast team) gotten in our papers here?? Two Paragraphs about there injuries and how they will most likely be to cold in NE to win. Even in that story they managed to get his Majesty Farve in with a comparison on how well he and the Packers play on the frozen tundra at Lambeau Field.

Interesting...I never noticed this before but there is Lamb...another word for sheep in the Packers home field name. If only I was a sports writer. I could really make use of this with some comparisons about what sheep, Brett Farve, and the News Media folks in general have in common.

Cheers!
    I lived in Northern CA for a long time so I know how the media covers sports there and I'm wondering why you would think they would cover the Vikings rather than the Raiders and 49ers????
    They cover the teams that are local.
    It seems to make sense to me, or am I just missing something?
    I never got any Vikings news when I lived there (or living in Florida now) so that's why I found a site like this where I could keep up with all the Vikings news.
    I can see why fans in Minnesota would be pissed about not getting enough Vikings coverage but living in CA it shouldn't be a surprise.

That was my point hailtocarter...we should NOT be hearing about the Farve and the Packers or Brady and the Pats anywhere near as much as we have lately. Yes...part of this is because they are still alive and headed for the SB. I will conceed that is going to get some coverage and should, but when these reports act like Brady and Farve are so superior and have some ultraglow about them that makes them loved by all america it makes me want to wretch my guts out!

I respect Farve and Brady as adversaries, nothing more. Report about what they are accomplishing,...fine....but don't add the boot licking, higher than though touches. That's all I'm asking.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Schutz" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Go right ahead.
    ;D ;D ;D
    Sign me up! I'm in!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123