Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Got to love this letter

I myself am SO sick of the Favre crap. Just retire and get it over with already.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Using your logic than there should be a LOT of positive coverage about the Vikings in the Green Bay papers. I check them virtually everyday and I have NEVER seen one positive word of Viking coverage.
    This is true and the first person to talk @#$* after a Viking loss is a
    Packer fan. These people are the type that will disrupt you when you're in public with your family whe you don't know them one bit and spout off a vulgar tirade about how the Vikings suck and don't you wish they had Favre...if Packers fans werent suck jackazzes I don't think I'd hate em' as much. The fact of the matter is that these newspapermen in the Twin Cities are in love with Favre because he is nice to the media.

Does that matter to me? No. Will I ever talk to Favre so we can share a nice conversation? Probably not. Do I care if his family is dying off and that he's hung around long enough to break records (a la Emmitt Smith)? No. Brett Favre might be a good person and a nice guy to the newspapermen, but that doesnt change the fact that I have to deal with extremely immature Packer chronies on a day-to-day for the rest of my life. I figured I could at least get away from that crap by going home and picking up the local paper to enjoy a story about something or someone I actually give a darn about. NOPE...its the same old "please....PLEASE feel good for Favre, he has been through so much and, even though he plays a game for a living and makes millions of dollars, his problems mean more than yours cuz he's famous."

Phooey...I know exactly how this fan feels...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Well said, audioghost, well f-ing said!!!!

;D
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

purple punk 56 is offline Training Camp

People just like to be angry over something, some GREAT injustice to the Vikings fanbase.
    People like the Packers, get over yourself.
    [/quote]

DAMMMM..Fact of the matter is that the Packers Suck..But Hey their in the Championship Game tomorrow and as much as I hate the Mothers!!! Their in our division and I'm hoping they make it so they can knock the Pats off their high horse In the Super Bowl. Still hate having to read about them as much as I have to in my Newspapers. Any little information on the Vikes is Huge in my P.O.

VIKES FAN FOR LIFE.
    GREAT
    PURPLE PRIDE.
    WONDERFUL
    HATEING MY CHEDDAR HEAD FAN NEIGHBOR.
    PRICELESS

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Audioghost - although there seems to be a inbalance in the amount of coverage between Green Bay papers about the Vikes compared to the MN papers and coverage of the Packers. I believe your view on that, as I don't read the MN papers all that much. NO offense but there are better papers on the net to read than any paper between our two states.

As for the Packer fans cramming their junk down your throat, two points. First not all Packer fans fall into that category, not claiming you are lumping us all together, just making a point. Second, believe me, when the Vikings win the roles are reversed, not by all Viking fans but there are some that run their mouths as well. I think back to the late 90's and the Moss explosion.. it was a reversed role and probably not much different than what you experience today.

Sad part, is people have lost their sense of sportsmanship and knowing when to stop with the jokes or the constant rubbing the salt into the wound. Just a view from the flip side.

purple punk 56 is offline Training Camp

After Bret is gone We'll see the Packers....( fill it in )
    VIKES FAN FOR LIFE.
    GREAT
    PURPLE PRIDE.
    WONDERFUL
    HATEING MY CHEDDAR HEAD FAN NEIGHBOR.
    PRICELESS

"purple" wrote:
    After Bret is gone We'll see the Packers....( fill it in )
    As I have stated before, it will be different without Favre, but that time will come. It will be interesting to see how the franchise moves forward. Change is inevitable, either embrace it or run from it.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Audioghost - although there seems to be a inbalance in the amount of coverage between Green Bay papers about the Vikes compared to the MN papers and coverage of the Packers. I believe your view on that, as I don't read the MN papers all that much. NO offense but there are better papers on the net to read than any paper between our two states.

As for the Packer fans cramming their junk down your throat, two points. First not all Packer fans fall into that category, not claiming you are lumping us all together, just making a point. Second, believe me, when the Vikings win the roles are reversed, not by all Viking fans but there are some that run their mouths as well. I think back to the late 90's and the Moss explosion.. it was a reversed role and probably not much different than what you experience today.

Sad part, is people have lost their sense of sportsmanship and knowing when to stop with the jokes or the constant rubbing the salt into the wound. Just a view from the flip side.
    I agree.
    Every team has a percentage of fans who are...for lack of a better term...tards.
    Some seem more prevelant than others - I suppose it depends on where you live.

Living in southern Wisconsin, I have a LOT of Bear and Packer fans around, so I am naturally exposed to a higher percentage of of the "less desirable" ones than someone living in a different region would be.
    To be fair, I know quite a few good ones as well.

Does this impact how I feel about those teams?
    Sure does - can't stand 'em.

But, the original point was that the Minnesota press give equal or greater coverage to the Packers than the Vikings.
    There's something fundamentally wrong about that.
    A "local" paper should give priority to their "local" franchises.
    I could see covering the Packers NOW, since they're still playing, but during the season....nope.

And I will also agree that the Wisconsin media (at least Madison and Milwaukee) don't hesitate to break Viking news...as long as it's bad, but seldom print anything positive about them.

Solution:
    End your subscription.
    Buy USA Today instead.
    They have a better sports section anyway.
    And when your local paper calls to offer you a subscription, tell them WHY you won't.
    If enough people do that, they'll eventually figure it out.

Caine

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Priceless letter there and I understand the mans frustration to a point, but try being a Vikings fan in N. California. Here we rarely see anything at all about the Vikings, and the media keeps trying to feed us horse manure about how much Mike Martz is the second coming of christ for the freeking 49ers.

The most Vikings coverage we ever saw was when Moss came to Oakland. You would have thought Aliens had landed at the Black Hole or something. Page after page for weeks in the Oakland Tribune.

Yet when Cory Stringer died they gave a two paragraph... un-intelligible...loaded with tripe....rant about how everyone should be aware of Heat Stoke, and be sure to drink plenty of fluids this summer when you hike, jog, workout, etc.

As far as Farve and the media out here goes....Same thing. These sports news writers are humping each others legs daily over the Packer/Farve (Old Football Fart/Had a Bad Thumb/Wife survived Cancer/He's a Cinderella Story/) non-sense they think we all want to read about.

At least you guys get something worthwhile to read about on occasion about the Vikings. Unfortunately the sports press Farve Droolers seem to out in droves currently. They actually have kicked Tom Brady and the Pats to the curb recently to go after the America loves Farve Bandwagon view.

What have the Chargers (A west coast team) gotten in our papers here?? Two Paragraphs about there injuries and how they will most likely be to cold in NE to win. Even in that story they managed to get his Majesty Farve in with a comparison on how well he and the Packers play on the frozen tundra at Lambeau Field.

Interesting...I never noticed this before but there is Lamb...another word for sheep in the Packers home field name. If only I was a sports writer. I could really make use of this with some comparisons about what sheep, Brett Farve, and the News Media folks in general have in common.

Cheers!
    I lived in Northern CA for a long time so I know how the media covers sports there and I'm wondering why you would think they would cover the Vikings rather than the Raiders and 49ers????
    They cover the teams that are local.
    It seems to make sense to me, or am I just missing something?
    I never got any Vikings news when I lived there (or living in Florida now) so that's why I found a site like this where I could keep up with all the Vikings news.
    I can see why fans in Minnesota would be pissed about not getting enough Vikings coverage but living in CA it shouldn't be a surprise.
    If MN doesn't get its crap together and get a stadium deal going we here in CA may suddenly start getting a whole lot of Viking news.

WWBGD

"Caine" wrote:
    Solution:
    End your subscription.
    Buy USA Today instead.
    They have a better sports section anyway.
    And when your local paper calls to offer you a subscription, tell them WHY you won't.
    If enough people do that, they'll eventually figure it out.
    Exactly, there is a reason that the Packers are in the paper and they are still selling them. Boycott the publication or complain til your hearts content.. but until it hurts their bottom line you will see it in there, again I think there is still a strong Packer following in the Cities and in MN in general. Being the Packers were established and winning when the Vikes were formed, they probably didn't draw many new fans in Wisconsin in general.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast