Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Got to love this letter

This letter was printed in "Minnesota Sports Central" and it sure matches everything I've been saying and thinking over the years.
    http://www.mnsportscentral.com/community/index.php?PHPSESSID=cbbdc39c3059233a69252b7755f838 00&topic=10977.0
    (PS: I changed the language slightly - LOL)

I cannot stand it anymore......FSUV rant on the media.

I've had it with the media in Minneapolis/St. Paul. KFAN, the newspapers, tv, everything. Look at a map. Do I live in Minneapolis, Wisconsin?! The Green Bay Packers are our RIVALS, yet they get as much coverage here as the Vikings do. Mark Rosen and Randy Shaver cooing over Brett Farve and the mancrush they have on him. Every day in the Star Trib or Press there is a story on the Packers. There's a pre-season preview section every fall that rivals the coverage the Vikings get. The Packers have a BEAT WRITER who works for the Pioneer Press!!! Are you kidding me?

If I have to hear one more columnist or sports anchor around here tell me that I "have to feel good for Brett Farve" I'm going to snap and there's going to be a job opening for TV sports anchor because they'll all be dead.

They don't do this crap in Chicago. Boston media don't fuss and fawn over the Yankees. There sure as crap isn't the same thing going on in Wisconsin for the Vikings. But if you were time warped to the Twin Cities on any given day of the year, especially football season, you'd have to be convinced you weren't somewhere in Wisconsin.

I've been stewing over this all week and tonight's 6pm news on KARE lead of the newscast with some stupid bitch who accidentally shredded her playoff tickets and glued them back together, was the last straw. Who cares?!?!?! Let the Farm Report in Kenosha lead off with that crap. It's 7,000 below zero out tonight. That's not more relevant to us than some stupid bitch in Wisconsin and her precious Packers?!

I better not watch the news until sometime in February, otherwise I run the risk of destroying my brand new 37" Olevia HDTV the next time I see or hear anything remotely close to the Green Bay Packers here in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Got to love this letter

Do you think it has anything to do with the base of Packer fans that still reside in the MN area, before the Vikings they were strong Packer fans, at least according to my uncles stories, he was living in the Twin Cities in the late 50's and 60's... said some fans still rooted for the Packers even after the Vikings came to town.

I know it has been 40 plus years, but think that might play a part in the coverage?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    This letter was printed in "Minnesota Sports Central" and it sure matches everything I've been saying and thinking over the years.
    http://www.mnsportscentral.com/community/index.php?PHPSESSID=cbbdc39c3059233a69252b7755f838 00&topic=10977.0
    (PS: I changed the language slightly - LOL)

I cannot stand it anymore......FSUV rant on the media.

I've had it with the media in Minneapolis/St. Paul. KFAN, the newspapers, tv, everything. Look at a map. Do I live in Minneapolis, Wisconsin?! The Green Bay Packers are our RIVALS, yet they get as much coverage here as the Vikings do. Mark Rosen and Randy Shaver cooing over Brett Farve and the mancrush they have on him. Every day in the Star Trib or Press there is a story on the Packers. There's a pre-season preview section every fall that rivals the coverage the Vikings get. The Packers have a BEAT WRITER who works for the Pioneer Press!!! Are you kidding me?

If I have to hear one more columnist or sports anchor around here tell me that I "have to feel good for Brett Farve" I'm going to snap and there's going to be a job opening for TV sports anchor because they'll all be dead.

They don't do this crap in Chicago. Boston media don't fuss and fawn over the Yankees. There sure as crap isn't the same thing going on in Wisconsin for the Vikings. But if you were time warped to the Twin Cities on any given day of the year, especially football season, you'd have to be convinced you weren't somewhere in Wisconsin.

I've been stewing over this all week and tonight's 6pm news on KARE lead of the newscast with some stupid bitch who accidentally shredded her playoff tickets and glued them back together, was the last straw. Who cares?!?!?! Let the Farm Report in Kenosha lead off with that crap. It's 7,000 below zero out tonight. That's not more relevant to us than some stupid bitch in Wisconsin and her precious Packers?!

I better not watch the news until sometime in February, otherwise I run the risk of destroying my brand new 37" Olevia HDTV the next time I see or hear anything remotely close to the Green Bay Packers here in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Funny thing about this is that a couple of years ago I sent an email to the star trib in a similar fashion, not written as well, but basically bitching about the same thing. Get the packer shit out of our papers!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Frostbite is offline Coach

Priceless letter there and I understand the mans frustration to a point, but try being a Vikings fan in N. California. Here we rarely see anything at all about the Vikings, and the media keeps trying to feed us horse manure about how much Mike Martz is the second coming of christ for the freeking 49ers.

The most Vikings coverage we ever saw was when Moss came to Oakland. You would have thought Aliens had landed at the Black Hole or something. Page after page for weeks in the Oakland Tribune.

Yet when Cory Stringer died they gave a two paragraph... un-intelligible...loaded with tripe....rant about how everyone should be aware of Heat Stoke, and be sure to drink plenty of fluids this summer when you hike, jog, workout, etc.

As far as Farve and the media out here goes....Same thing. These sports news writers are humping each others legs daily over the Packer/Farve (Old Football Fart/Had a Bad Thumb/Wife survived Cancer/He's a Cinderella Story/) non-sense they think we all want to read about.

At least you guys get something worthwhile to read about on occasion about the Vikings. Unfortunately the sports press Farve Droolers seem to out in droves currently. They actually have kicked Tom Brady and the Pats to the curb recently to go after the America loves Farve Bandwagon view.

What have the Chargers (A west coast team) gotten in our papers here?? Two Paragraphs about there injuries and how they will most likely be to cold in NE to win. Even in that story they managed to get his Majesty Farve in with a comparison on how well he and the Packers play on the frozen tundra at Lambeau Field.

Interesting...I never noticed this before but there is Lamb...another word for sheep in the Packers home field name. If only I was a sports writer. I could really make use of this with some comparisons about what sheep, Brett Farve, and the News Media folks in general have in common.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Do you think it has anything to do with the base of Packer fans that still reside in the MN area, before the Vikings they were strong Packer fans, at least according to my uncles stories, he was living in the Twin Cities in the late 50's and 60's... said some fans still rooted for the Packers even after the Vikings came to town.

I know it has been 40 plus years, but think that might play a part in the coverage?
    Exactly.
    I agree that at times there is way too much coverage on the Packers, but I definatly agree there should be some.
    The Packers have a very strong fan base in Minnesota still

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

They don't do this shit in Chicago.
    I hate to say it, but northern Illinois (where i'm from is about 1 1/2 hours west of Chicago and 1/2 an hour from the border) is very mixed between Bears losers and Packers Losers. and they get approximately equal coverage in the media. I get to deal with Fav-ray love fests, and Urlacher love fests. My point is i guess, its the same all over.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Priceless letter there and I understand the mans frustration to a point, but try being a Vikings fan in N. California. Here we rarely see anything at all about the Vikings, and the media keeps trying to feed us horse manure about how much Mike Martz is the second coming of christ for the freeking 49ers.

The most Vikings coverage we ever saw was when Moss came to Oakland. You would have thought Aliens had landed at the Black Hole or something. Page after page for weeks in the Oakland Tribune.

Yet when Cory Stringer died they gave a two paragraph... un-intelligible...loaded with tripe....rant about how everyone should be aware of Heat Stoke, and be sure to drink plenty of fluids this summer when you hike, jog, workout, etc.

As far as Farve and the media out here goes....Same thing. These sports news writers are humping each others legs daily over the Packer/Farve (Old Football Fart/Had a Bad Thumb/Wife survived Cancer/He's a Cinderella Story/) non-sense they think we all want to read about.

At least you guys get something worthwhile to read about on occasion about the Vikings. Unfortunately the sports press Farve Droolers seem to out in droves currently. They actually have kicked Tom Brady and the Pats to the curb recently to go after the America loves Farve Bandwagon view.

What have the Chargers (A west coast team) gotten in our papers here?? Two Paragraphs about there injuries and how they will most likely be to cold in NE to win. Even in that story they managed to get his Majesty Farve in with a comparison on how well he and the Packers play on the frozen tundra at Lambeau Field.

Interesting...I never noticed this before but there is Lamb...another word for sheep in the Packers home field name. If only I was a sports writer. I could really make use of this with some comparisons about what sheep, Brett Farve, and the News Media folks in general have in common.

Cheers!
    I lived in Northern CA for a long time so I know how the media covers sports there and I'm wondering why you would think they would cover the Vikings rather than the Raiders and 49ers????
    They cover the teams that are local.
    It seems to make sense to me, or am I just missing something?
    I never got any Vikings news when I lived there (or living in Florida now) so that's why I found a site like this where I could keep up with all the Vikings news.
    I can see why fans in Minnesota would be pissed about not getting enough Vikings coverage but living in CA it shouldn't be a surprise.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I'm more insulted that Cojo was reading a different viking site than this one >

I do have to agree with what they were saying.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Yet another stupid purple tinted rant from yet another bitter Vikings fan who doesn't like to acknowledge anybody cares about anything other than what the Vikings mediocre season means for next year.
    Unless they find a way to physically make Wisc. farther away or move the Twin Cities there is going to be sports coverage of Green Bay do to where the city is located.
    I'll ask you this, if people didn't want to listen about the Packers wouldn't you think they'd stop listening or reading?
    Yet these stations and publications still pull big numbers.

People just like to be angry over something, some GREAT injustice to the Vikings fanbase.
    People like the Packers, get over yourself.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Using your logic than there should be a LOT of positive coverage about the Vikings in the Green Bay papers. I check them virtually everyday and I have NEVER seen one positive word of Viking coverage.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast