Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Goodspeed Done for the Season

"singersp" wrote:
    Man that's a tough break for Goodspeed & the Vikings.

The question now is, will they use Jimmy K. as a fullback again? The only other FB on the roster besides Richardson is Steven Jackson.

I am guessing they will split time throughout the 2 postitions (TE, FB)!! The WCO uses a 2TE base set, so i would think they convert another person to TE or the just use Jimmy K a little more!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

"petrodemos" wrote:
    wel i wouldnt put all that on richardson, some of it maybe, but to say larry johnsons season was atributed to tony richardson alone? you think KC would have let him go if that were true?

Look, all im saying is that hes pretty old and run down, hes not a kicker, theres a lot of wear and tear, the other FB you mentioned, yeah there good, but how long are they going to hold up? one more maybe 2 more years? and FBs arent really used in college as much anymore.

and what exactly makes a good FB, a good blocker and a good runner or just one of those traits? if blocking is the most important, why not put a lineman in there, 300 pounds of blocking immortality crashing through! lets see Ryan Cook play FB!
    I think you and arrested_developer should go hang out!! you don't understand, the FB has to be able to run through the line, make holes and take on a LB or even a DL!! You put Ryan Cook there and he won't even get the OL before the RB is running right by him!!! Strength isn't everything for a FB, it helps alot, but it isn't everything!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

twill is offline Starter

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    wel i wouldnt put all that on richardson, some of it maybe, but to say larry johnsons season was atributed to tony richardson alone? you think KC would have let him go if that were true?

Look, all im saying is that hes pretty old and run down, hes not a kicker, theres a lot of wear and tear, the other FB you mentioned, yeah there good, but how long are they going to hold up? one more maybe 2 more years? and FBs arent really used in college as much anymore.

and what exactly makes a good FB, a good blocker and a good runner or just one of those traits? if blocking is the most important, why not put a lineman in there, 300 pounds of blocking immortality crashing through! lets see Ryan Cook play FB!
    I think you and arrested_developer should go hang out!! you don't understand, the FB has to be able to run through the line, make holes and take on a LB or even a DL!! You put Ryan Cook there and he won't even get the OL before the RB is running right by him!!! Strength isn't everything for a FB, it helps alot, but it isn't everything!!!
    many of the good FB play for a while.. alstott, richardson, o'neil, etc. you just gotta take care of yourself. but i dont see need of another FB, i think they will let k-sause and wiggy in the TE and have richardson as FB with the help of Jackson if needed

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456