Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    I like Frazier and his demeanor as a coach.

That said, two 10+ loss seasons out of three is drastically underperforming (even with one 10 win, playoff season sandwiched in there). And whether it's Frazier or his DC Williams, there have been some boneheaded coaching mistakes this season that potentially (probably) cost this team some wins. And I don't know who is responsible for the whole QB debacle, but that has been a completely mismanaged disaster. At the very least, I think Alan Williams needs to go, and probably scrap the Tampa 2. But chances are you need to let the entire staff go and bring in fresh faces and ideas everywhere. I think the Vikings have a lot of talent to work with, and some glaring holes to fill. After the disaster that was this season, I'm losing faith in Frazier's ability to get it done.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I think Ponder will likely be on the team next year, as a backup. His contract is 100% guaranteed, so unless we can trade him he will count for 3.2 million in cap space whether we keep him or cut him. He's essentially a free player.
    From what I've read Ponder isn't in the plans for next year, not even as a backup. Their planning to try & trade him in May. Freeman won't be resigned either. They'll keep Cassel & bring in two new QB's.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    From what I've read Ponder isn't in the plans for next year, not even as a backup. Their planning to try & trade him in May. Freeman won't be resigned either. They'll keep Cassel & bring in two new QB's.
    No doubt they will shop him and try to find a partner willing to take his $3.2M salary along with a late round pick. A new coach should have some say in this as well.

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Goodbye Frazier, Ponder, and Freeman?
    I'm ok with this.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Saw that Freeman would be interested in coming back. But then I would be perfectly willing to do what he's done for half the money.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Can't see we're likely to see a trade partner for him. The league pretty much knows he's going nowhere in Minnesota and so expect him to get cut and then picked up.
    As for the two QBs, so are we looking at drafting one and picking another in FA? As having two veterans on the roster may make for an interesting time though would give plenty of time to then groom a rookie. If we do that then I would see us looking for a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd round then, can't imagine we would take a QB with our first pick and sit him on the bench for the first year. Of course that is based on our previous ways of handling QBs, a new HC may have a way different way of doing things.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Goodbye gentlemen. Good luck with your hot wife ponder.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234