Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Was it Good us in the long run?

I've really been thinking about what happened last year vs the Cardinals. Could what happened there become a really good thing for the Vikes?

Lasat year they learned a lesson...it is NEVER over. After week 7 I am sure about every player on the team saw nothing but the playoffs in front of them, they thought it was in the bag. As we all know, they were knocked out in the last possible seconds of the regular season. I think they all learned something that day. Its not set and done till the very last play of the very last game, and that is somrthing that the Vikes did not know prior to this event. In that sense they were immature players.

Also, think back to the 03-04 team, sure they were pretty good, but did they have what it would have taken to win the big one? To defeat the Pats? I Personally think they would have gone out the same time the Pack did. That team did not have what it would have taken to win it all.

Now, look at this year. We have a team that knows more about what it will take to make it to the playoffs, they need to keep playing, even if they go undefeated for any number of games. A WR and QB who are in the prime of their game. A wall of an O-Line. A revamped defense full of rookie and free agency talent, along with team vets on both sides of the ball. And in time, we may even have Gary Anderson back kicking. This team does have what it takes to win it all. The defense, rock solid. The offense, explosive and matured.

Most importantly the mental game. Did you see Chris Hovan's face after the Cardinals game? Did you see the team laying on the field? They were all changed after that game. They are a team with heart now. They all suffered a together. They saw the pain of defeat in eachother's eyes. They are going to go out there this year and play as a team. Fighting through that tragic loss together as a team, as friends, will bring them closer to being one strong unit of a team. They have got what it takes this year, and in a way, I think we will be, in the end, understanding why that happened last year.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Great post!

We all have to agree that what happened last season was for the better. I always tell my friends that we wouldn't of won the Superbowl last year anyway, so this will allow us to get some better draft picks and improve our lousy D. No way we win the Superbowl or even get there for that matter with a 26th rank defense.

I say to everyone, think positively. I know last season sucked and none of us want to go through that again, but we have to be patient this season. We have great things coming our way!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

We can sure hope that is the case. I know they don't want to repeat what happened last year. They had the division lead all the way until the last second of the whole last season actually you have to say even after the last second of the season as time had expired before the call was made I think but anyway I don't think anyone wants to live that type of thing over again so hopefully they will take with them this whole year of how crappy they felt at the end of that Arizona game and use it to push themselves to finish every play and every second of every game.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I think it was good, because we got 2 absolute stars on our D, in the draft, that we wouldn't have gotten if we would have made the playoffs. Udeze and dontarrious would not be vikes if we won that game, and those 2 are gonna be pro bowl players on our D quickly.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

It was painful, it was ugly, I almost broke a window over it, but that game may turn out to have a silver lining. The team had two ways to go with that loss. They could either stew over it all offseason, let it get them down and come into this season with no confidence. Or they could get pissed about it and use it as motivation to kick a$$ this year. Based on everything I have heard out of camp and from the players mouths, they went with the second choice.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Muchluv, that was a pretty astute post.

There's a saying...there's no such thing as mistakes, only "learnings".

I don't know how well that applies to Ricky Williams, but in your case, its a possibility. The guy that needs to learn fast, though, is Tice. The coach is the glue that holds a team together, and its pretty obvious the Vikes became doused with laquer thinner as the season finished.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Los it is great that you have stuck around, the other packer fans have not been around much the last few weeks (texpack, Jer, and I hate to see him ever come back PackmanXXXI).

Good to see you stick around!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

tex is just plain no longer around. Los will always be around cause he loves us just as much as he hates us!

Kleinsasser thats one of the best posts that I've read in a while! I've never thought of it that way, but it does make a lot of sense! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    tex is just plain no longer around. Los will always be around cause he loves us just as much as he hates us!

Kleinsasser thats one of the best posts that I've read in a while! I've never thought of it that way, but it does make a lot of sense! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!
    No Problem TTVF! Thanks for the compliment
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I agree, Kleinsasser! Like I wrote in my column, we have a PURPLE PASSION, and you are definitely blessed with it! And as far as LOS goes, perhaps he could teach a certain person around here a little something I like to call manners. LOS, much as we hate the fact that you're a PACKER FAN :banghead: , at least you are honest with you're opinions and respectful of us purpleheads! Thanks for being you and don't stop posting!

:salute:

SKOL!!!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast