Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Good thing Vikings rely on passing, not running game

"Del" wrote:
    When did people start expecting us to have a good running game anyway? This is the WCO. It's not a surprise.
    I dunno, maybe it was after we got Birk back, signed Chester Taylor, signed Tony Richardson, and signed Steve Hutchinson. I don't care what offense we're using, the run game has been mediocre thus far. That being I said I don't think we will have a problem when week 1 comes around.

Thank Heaven for 7-11!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

oakmage is offline Starter

"Del" wrote:
    When did people start expecting us to have a good running game anyway? This is the WCO. It's not a surprise.
    I don't know Roger Craig has a pretty good career in the WCO.
    If I remember right he is in the top 30 of rushers in the NFL, and he was the first person to have the 1000 yard rushing and 1000 yard receiving back in 1985.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I've been saying all along that the running game sucks. This is no surprise, we need a good RB.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

revprodeji is offline Starter

Fason looks good so far, he runs alil straight, but I wonder if he could be a starter with some seasoning. He did only play 1 real season of college.
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    I've been saying all along that the running game sucks. This is no surprise, we need a good RB.

Fedje,

Try to relax, we do have a good running back, just wait for the real games to start, we will all be smileling in the end....Trust Me.. ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"revprodeji" wrote:
    Fason looks good so far, he runs alil straight, but I wonder if he could be a starter with some seasoning. He did only play 1 real season of college.
    Personally, I like what I see from Wendell Mathis so far. I'd like to see what he can do with the starters against a starting defense.

He's averaging 4.3 YPC compared to Taylors 2.8 YPC.

I expect & hope things will shape up & turn around once the regular season begins.

What I don't understand is how people can be satisfied with those low numbers out of Taylor, simply by saying we're a WCO, when last year they wanted Michael Bennett gone who averaged 3.8 YPC behind what I felt was a worse offensive line.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

its only pre-season, nothing to worry about till week 2 or 3 i think
    running game always takes a while to get going, might only have 30-40 yards in the first half but after all the pounding through out the game, the defense is going to get tired and the running game takes off, they start to break off the 20-40 yard rushes, because the defense is getting hit in the mouth by the Minnesota Moving Company. though its alarming not to see the dominance in the running game so far, i dont think we have to worry about it just yet.

i think people were calling for bennets head because hes not an inside runner, he got injured, and his outside running was not as good as it had been.

taylor should be able to handle the inside carries and survive the first couple quarters untill he breaks one. well lets hope so anyways

I also like what I've seen from Wendell Mathis. I hope he continues his above average play and makes the team. And he might, because the way it looks to me, Chester is going to start the season as the starting RB of course (barring any unforseen problems). And to be honest, I always liked Memo, but I think his injuries are getting to be too much for the coaching staff. Also, I've never seen what others see in Fason, he seems average at best to me (I hope he proves me wrong). So in the end, I think Mathis has a good chance to make the team (especially with his relationship with RB coach Eric Bienemy and all) as our third or fourth back and he could move his way up as the season progresses. We'll see...
    Even babies know the difference.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

its still pre-season, it doesnt count..the line still has to get familiar with one-another and develop some chemistry
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Prophet Guest

I think I finally figured Powers out.
    He's not a journalist.
    He's a guy that posts on message boards and happened to get a job writing a few articles.
    Now it all makes sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast