Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good ol' Rosey

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Good ol' Rosey

Since Childress' first words out of his mouth when he was hired was that he is going to concentrate on the lines, I won't be surprised if a relatively higher amount of our cap goes to the lines and depth of the lines compared to other teams.
    I also am pretty sure that the back-loaded contracts will be restructured for guys like Rosenthal if they're still around.
    The next draft will include a high pick for the O-line that is versatile, probably will be another WTF moment for all the mock drafters.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    Since Childress' first words out of his mouth when he was hired was that he is going to concentrate on the lines, I won't be surprised if a relatively higher amount of our cap goes to the lines and depth of the lines compared to other teams.
    I also am pretty sure that the back-loaded contracts will be restructured for guys like Rosenthal if they're still around.
    The next draft will include a high pick for the O-line that is versatile, probably will be another WTF moment for all the mock drafters.
    Well we'll surely draft some OL next year I think. But it's too early to say when. Anyway I don't think it'll be a 1st rounder though.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    Well we'll surely draft some OL next year I think. But it's too early to say when. Anyway I don't think it'll be a 1st rounder though.
    The Vikings will take a first or second rounder for the O or D line in the next draft.
    Guaranteed.
    That's my take and I'm stickin' to it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    The Vikings will take a first or second rounder for the O or D line in the next draft.
    Guaranteed.
    It all depends on how high we draft.

I'll get back to you on the subject around week 16

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    Guaranteed.
    It all depends on how high we draft.

I'll get back to you on the subject around week 16
    It is too early to be talking about this, but logic does not prevail on the Internet.
    I think that's a man-law.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"singersp" wrote:
    We have played 6 games & have had been penalized 58 times.

Rosenthal gets called for one of them. Will the people responsible for the other 57 be mentioned?

Hicks probably has 52 of the remaining 57.

Del Rio Guest

They have been mentioned many times in many different threads. This is a Rosey thread, so your answer is NO probably not.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Does it really matter. Isn't the capnumbers fixed now that the contract is signed. I mean if they had cut him they would still have had to carry the numbers right?

I were surprised they didn't cut him after TC, but my guess is that they have decided that he's as good as the others that were there to play the back-up/ST performer, and he'll probably go next year sa we'll draft some more OL talent in the later rounds (3rd-7th).
    Well, if you cut the player at this point, you don't keep paying them for the rest of the season.
    How the pro-rated portion of any bonus money is applied, I do not know.
    But they wouldn't owe Rosenthal any more money on the contract once it's terminated.

=Z=
    I'm not sure that I completely understand the capsystem. However I think that even though you don't pay Rosey anything after you cut him his capnumbers are carried over. That was why Tennesee were in such bad shape a couple of seasons ago, because they carried saleries for players no longer on the team.
    When you cut someone (and there are dates involved in this, so I may get some of the specifics wrong), you're no longer responsible for the salary from that point onward.
    However you ARE responsible for the up-front money - ie. bonus.
    And I believe that bonuses are immediately accelerated (this is the part with goofy dates) to count against this season's cap.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    The answer to your question is explained here.
    Man I HATE it when people post links which I have posted in the past and then don't credit me for posting someone else's work.

You're TOTALLY ignoring my genius.

I'll get you Acumen!
    You - and your little dog, too!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    The answer to your question is explained here.
    Man I HATE it when people post links which I have posted in the past and then don't credit me for posting someone else's work.

You're TOTALLY ignoring my genius.

I'll get you Acumen!
    You - and your little dog, too!

=Z=
    I keep forgetting that you invented Google.
    I should have known better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast