Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good ol' Rosey

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Good ol' Rosey

"digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    We have played 6 games & have had been penalized 58 times.

Rosenthal gets called for one of them. Will the people responsible for the other 57 be mentioned?

it'll always be that way.. it's whoever gets that 1 penelty that costs us a big drive, or a scoring drive.

seems to happen to some more then others, teams are gonna pick on our right side cause.. well they have to, they ain't doin nothin on the left side. this is gonna cause everyone on the right side to be more accurate in their game.. at least we didn't have 10 false starts!!

DiGiTaL
    All penalties cost us. Wasn't it Marcus Johnson's who cost us a big drive? How about the defensive penalties that move the chains for the opponents? They are all costly.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"grpape" wrote:
    Did anyone notice that the holding call (I think the only one on STs all day), was called on Rosenthal? Good ol' Rosey is still finding ways to get holding calls, even if doesn't start on the O-line (hell, even gets to play on the O-line during the game).
    As that kick-off return was happening, my buddy is all like "Is that 75 on the field?
    Is Rosenthal playing??"
    Then, of course, the flag and we see that, indeed, Rosey is making his weekly contribution to the Vikes penalty totals.
    That's a lot of money for a special-teamer, ain't it?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

He is the thrid highest paid OL on our team this season not including signing bonus. The only two being paid more then him are Birk and Mckinnie. So yeah I would agree the guy is taking up cap space and is a well paid ST'er

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Does it really matter. Isn't the capnumbers fixed now that the contract is signed. I mean if they had cut him they would still have had to carry the numbers right?

I were surprised they didn't cut him after TC, but my guess is that they have decided that he's as good as the others that were there to play the back-up/ST performer, and he'll probably go next year sa we'll draft some more OL talent in the later rounds (3rd-7th).

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    Does it really matter. Isn't the capnumbers fixed now that the contract is signed. I mean if they had cut him they would still have had to carry the numbers right?

I were surprised they didn't cut him after TC, but my guess is that they have decided that he's as good as the others that were there to play the back-up/ST performer, and he'll probably go next year sa we'll draft some more OL talent in the later rounds (3rd-7th).
    Well, if you cut the player at this point, you don't keep paying them for the rest of the season.
    How the pro-rated portion of any bonus money is applied, I do not know.
    But they wouldn't owe Rosenthal any more money on the contract once it's terminated.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Well, if you cut the player at this point, you don't keep paying them for the rest of the season.
    But they wouldn't owe Rosenthal any more money on the contract once it's terminated.

=Z=
    I'm not sure that I completely understand the capsystem. However I think that even though you don't pay Rosey anything after you cut him his capnumbers are carried over. That was why Tennesee were in such bad shape a couple of seasons ago, because they carried saleries for players no longer on the team.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

=Z=
    I'm not sure that I completely understand the capsystem. However I think that even though you don't pay Rosey anything after you cut him his capnumbers are carried over. That was why Tennesee were in such bad shape a couple of seasons ago, because they carried saleries for players no longer on the team.
    I'm just thinking here. Am I stupid? Am I confusing it with carrying of distributed sign-on fees.

If so just disregard my stupidity.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

=Z=
    The answer to your question is explained here.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Acumen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

=Z=
    The answer to your question is explained here.
    Thanks for the link. I got a little carried away there.

I still stand by my initial assesment though. They've decided they have room for him this year, and he'll probably be out of here next year.

Del Rio Guest

2006 1000000.00
    2007 1425000.00
    2008 1850000.00
    2009 2275000.00
    2010 2650000.00

That's a lot of money for a 5th round draft pick that rides the pine. He must have one hell of an agent.

He could stick around in 07 but I think it is safe to say if he starts touching that 2mil mark and isn't contributing then he will be let go.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast