Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    This is why I really wanted Ta'amu or Chapman in the draft and both fell into the 4th/5th round. Which would have been perfect.

Next year as a NT I like Hankins more than I do Lotulelei.

The kid I really like is Kawann Short. He had a very good junior season and would be a good replacement for Kevin. Kevin's salary really jumps up next year.

The thing is you can typically find the run stopping DT/NT's later in the draft.
    I about shit when Ta'amu was there and we didn't take him.

I guess I need to watch Hankins this year. Your the second one to talk good about him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Excellent post.

Quick question, would you trade K-dubb straight up for Dorsey? Both will be looking for contracts and both will command big bucks. One is young and emerging, the other is on the down side.

If I was Ricky boy I'd be on the phone early and often with KC and Dorsey's agent if they gave him permission. Again, the key indicator for me is the Pitoitua signing.
    I am sure once Rick has finished perusing PPO for some ideas he will be on the horn trying to trade KW for Dorsey for Wallace. Especially after he sees the consensus here is that it is time to move Kevin.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I am sure once Rick has finished perusing PPO for some ideas he will be on the horn trying to trade KW for Dorsey for Wallace. Especially after he sees the consensus here is that it is time to move Kevin.
    LOL, you crack me up.

You know that I put very little credence on anything I say on here. Just idle chit chat. You know me, love talking football. If I can't get a discussion going on one subject, I'll try two or three others until someone engages.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    The DT position is a justifiable concern. The lack of talent here really also exposes our MLB, Jasper Brinkly. The only short-term solution is for the existing guys to elevate their game, which, is reason for further concern.

Not sure I agree with your point about KDub, but, I understand the point. I think Ballard will be a decent rotational player, but, I completely agree with the Marr soapbox re: Vikes needing a warpig.

I'm afraid this defense is destined for another embarrassing year...no, not making this point based solely on SF game, but, don't have faith in run defense or 2012 results of young secondary.
    Excellent post.

Quick question, would you trade K-dubb straight up for Dorsey? Both will be looking for contracts and both will command big bucks. One is young and emerging, the other is on the down side.

If I was Ricky boy I'd be on the phone early and often with KC and Dorsey's agent if they gave him permission. Again, the key indicator for me is the Pitoitua signing.
    Marr, I would most definitely consider it. I really liked Dorsey coming out. He's flashed a bit, would benefit from a great DLine coach like a Teerlink IMO. Given KDub is one of my favs, it would be tough to let him go, but, youth with upside, wins the day over a great player in the twilight of his career. Long story short, yes, I'd make the deal.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The draft is deep at DT next year and we will have a high pick. It will be taken care of there.

Unless a blue chip MLB is sitting there.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter
    I really think that we will need to replace Jasper Brinkley at the end of the year. He was horrible, play recognition was slow, didn't seem like he was playing the right gaps, and took some horrible angles. I hate to look so far ahead but I completely agree mar. Our interior line just doesn't look the same, however I think Guillon is going to be a stud this year. He made some great plays and was constantly disrupting the line. Is he a one tech? I don't think so, but he can do very well playing the three tech IMO.
    None

Jarlvik is offline Rookie
    I think it's a little early to get on Brinkley. He's got some rust to knock off and I believe that until Mike Singletary says "can't play with him, can't win with him", he'll keep working with him.
    I must say that Tydreke Powell seemed to have some hustle and near the ball on most plays (granted it was against 3rd team). He has the size and if he responds to coaching, he might work out in the future. For now, I would hit up KC for Dorsey.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The draft is deep at DT next year and we will have a high pick. It will be taken care of there.

Unless a blue chip MLB is sitting there.
    Thats what you all told me about this years class, and last years class and the class before that....

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlvik View Post
    I think it's a little early to get on Brinkley. He's got some rust to knock off and I believe that until Mike Singletary says "can't play with him, can't win with him", he'll keep working with him.
    I must say that Tydreke Powell seemed to have some hustle and near the ball on most plays (granted it was against 3rd team). He has the size and if he responds to coaching, he might work out in the future. For now, I would hit up KC for Dorsey.
    You lost me at Singletary.

You see what a good coach did with the 49rs after he left?

Quote Originally Posted by b_sandhar_29 View Post
    I really think that we will need to replace Jasper Brinkley at the end of the year. He was horrible, play recognition was slow, didn't seem like he was playing the right gaps, and took some horrible angles. I hate to look so far ahead but I completely agree mar. Our interior line just doesn't look the same, however I think Guillon is going to be a stud this year. He made some great plays and was constantly disrupting the line. Is he a one tech? I don't think so, but he can do very well playing the three tech IMO.
    Most rookies thrown into the mix before they are ready look a little show, take bad angles etc etc etc.

Lets see how he does this year before we get rid of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast