Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Daddy is offline Starter

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

I heard it was a 4 game suspension starting right after he has a chance to appeal. So does anyone know what games he will miss?
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

I'm starting a new business its gonna be called Vikings Taxi Service/drug rehab! What an f'n moron!!!! I don't care if I was addicted to every drug out there... to get paid that kinda money I wouldn't even think about them!!!

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

Read Full Article at http://vikings.kfan.com

Running back Onterrio Smith faces a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, the FAN has learned.

Smith, a second-year back out of Oregon, is expected to compete for playing time with starter Michael Bennett and veteran backup Moe Williams this season.

But a source told the FAN late Thursday that Smith will be suspended for the first four games of the season for a third violation of the league's drug
    policy, pending an appeal.

A player is not suspended for his first two violations, according to the league's policy. A third violation triggers a four-game suspension.

Smith was in Atlanta preparing for Friday's game against the Falcons, and
    could not be reached for comment. A voice message left for Smith's agent, Darrell Wills, was not returned late Thursday.

The Vikings selected Smith in the fourth round of the 2003 draft. He was
    projected as a first-round pick by some experts, but character concerns hurt his draft stock.

Smith originally was recruited to the University of Tennessee, but was thrown out of the program after testing positive for marijuana.

In 2001, Smith was arrested for drunken driving. He was under 21 at the time, and was driving with a suspended license.

Smith rushed for 579 yards and five touchdowns as a rookie in 2003.

Defensive end Kenny Mixon will be suspended for the first two games of the season for violating the substance-abuse policy.

3 violations in just a little over a year? Man what is he thinking!?!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

Well we got a winner on our hands here.... grrrrrr

cheesefree is offline Starter

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

They have enough depth at running back and offensive weapons to do just fine without Onterrio, but grrrr is right. It's just stupid, more bad PR and another diversion :angryfire: I hope he gets treatment and cleans up his act because he is a talented and valuable player.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

Please pass the potato chips.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

Tex is back!!! I haven't seen any of you packers fans around since the lost. I hope that was coincidence because it would be sad if it weren't. It was just a preseason game after all.

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

I'll be here. I'm glad you missed me!

There really isn't much going on right now in either camp worthy of comment. I have heard tonight we signed Kenny Holmes DE. He may help us?
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    I'll be here. I'm glad you missed me!
    It's kind of interesting to hear what u packers fans think. i don't have many friends that are packers fans, so i usually see what you guys think about the Vikes and Packers (even if I don't agree with it all the time :argue: ).

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good Job Onterrio Smith!

If Smith has been doing stupid stuff then he deserves a four match ban, Viking or not. I've no time for pro athletes when they do this and forget that they're supposed to be role models.
    Just as well we didn't start decreasing our backfield depth when Miami were hinting at trades
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast