Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Re: Good game guys... my observations...

Losman did impress me with his poise yesterday.
    He never appeared to be rattled even when our D continually got pressure on him.
    But I dont think I have seen that many throws off someone's back foot, that went for completions.
    There were at least 3 prayers that went up that he should have been lucky to just be incomplete if not intercepted and they ended up going for big completions. I think he will continue to develop into a starter you guys will be able to rely for many years to come.
    But he had some luck on his side this weekend.

The Bills defense definately impressed me.
    I am more upset than ever that the Vikings didnt address the offense in the offseason.
    Yes we brought in some guys on the line but we didnt really lose anyone there.
    What I am talking about is the WR position.
    We lost our #1 and #2 WR's from last year and we didnt bring anyone in to replace these guys. We have a back up QB that is starting for us.

I am not sure what is going on with our game plan, we have scored on every opening drive we've had this year.
    But we cant put it in the end zone and we totally went away from the run yesterday (our biggest downfall)

The Bills deserved to win the game on Sunday.
    They outplayed us in almost every aspect of the game.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

The only great thing from the game was to se Ray Edwards make his first sack as a Viking

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"simonsparre" wrote:
    The only great thing from the game was to se Ray Edwards make his first sack as a Viking
    and the other rookie...bah cant think of his name but he completely drilled the RB coming out of the backfield on that swing pass.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Well I was at the game with all my friends (yes, Bills fans of course) and I got rocked a bit but I took it with pride. I gave them credit but deep inside was frustrated as hell with our Offense. Maybe they took sleeping pills the night before and they didn't wear off cuz it sure looked like they were groggy. No exectution... give the Bills credit, oh yeah but not that much... the Vikes definately shot thereselves in the foot plenty of times and playing on the road with 2 turnovers vs. no turnovers usually results in a L.

The only big emotion (team & bench wise) came off a (non-offensive) play by Greg Blue. Even da Billy fans grasped at that one. Other than that.... blah, blah, blah.

I won't predict a final season record (like previouse posters) cuz I can't get any kind of grasp on this team at all.
    Home Sweet Dome...

kinzua is offline Waterboy

Bills fan here to say "good game".
    If your WR hangs on to the ball on that one throw inside the 15 with 39 seconds left, who knows?
    I think one of rookie safeties, probably Whitner, missed something there, but luck was on the Bills side yesterday.
    Usually, WRs catch those kinds of passes and Bills WRs drop them.

It's hard to get "up" for interdivisional contests on the road when teams only play each other once every 5 years or so unless there's some special animosity between the teams.
    This is especially true when all you've ever heard about a team is how lousy they are, how senile their GM is, and how bad their coach is.
    You can watch the
    tape, but sometimes it just doesn't sink in.
    ;D

With the departure of Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey, neither Pat Williams nor Antoine Winfield had enough anger at the Bills to fire their teammates, and the Bills are a lot better than the national media has given them credit for -- and they actually played like it!

I also think that your coaching staff fell victim to the "Temptation of the Two Rookie Safeties" which led them to pass rather than run.
    The lure of those two rooks is just too strong to resist for most coaches.
    Belichick even went for it, but Tommy Boy rescued his butt by hitting his passes (although not the ones covered by the rookies!).
    Ain't you glad there's still a few of us left, who know how to rock your world
    Ain't afraid to eat fried chicken and dirty dance to Merle
    Ain't you glad we ain't no California girls

-- Gretchen Wilson

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    "simonsparre" wrote:
    and the other rookie...bah cant think of his name but he completely drilled the RB coming out of the backfield on that swing pass.
    Yeah. Blues hit was insane.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12