Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good game guys... my observations...

First of all, I think both of these teams are 9-7, 7-9 teams. If they get lucky, a little better.The Vikes were probably not as good as 2-1 and the Bills were probably not as bad as 1-2. While that is arguable, what is hard to imagine is the opposite, that the Vikes are 3-1 and the Bills are 1-3. That observation is harder to imagine that the reality, that both teams are 2-2.

The Bills played well. Especially the defense. We had a ton of penalties. You guys stuffed our run as expected. Turnovers, as usual, makes the difference, I am a Losman fan, so I was not surprised by his performance, which was the difference in the game, IMO. It was about time his teammates made plays for him, like Evans and Price.

I was very surprised that the Vikes gave up on the run so early, which I think was their downfall. As a Bills fan, I was happy they did. Because I had no confidence that we could keep it up. Even though we held you guys in check the entire game, we are simply not that great against the run and I think you guys threw too much from play one to the end of the game.

If the Vikes played great, that really would have been a surprise, to everyone. I don't think they are a 3-1 team. They are probably a 9-7 team at the end of the year with a good future. Thanks for endulging me.

Prophet Guest

Re: Good game guys... my observations...

Thanks for stopping in.
    It's nice to see a level-headed poster in the mire after a loss. I would have to agree with you on around a 9-7 mark for these two teams, i've been a 9-7er since before preseason and am sticking to that.

I was frustrated that they didn't pound the ball more.
    Both teams have a lot of potential but the youth on the Bills and the youngness of our schemes can both be attacked and will be attacked.
    Losman does have some talent, if he can be consistent...I'm still not sold on him.
    The Bills played a good game today and did what they needed to do to win, an old-school battle to the end with way too many stupid penalties by both teams.

Occasionally (always for some), we all like to look at our teams' with blinders on.
    Both teams have the possibility of rising to the challenge, the season is still very young.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

In all honesty, if our "normal" defense would have shown up, then I could easily see you're Bills at 1-3 instead of both teams at 2-2.. We played horribly on offense, and just average at best on defense..

The Bills played pretty good on defense, but it was against a offense that played like they didn't have a heartbeat.. While I won't judge either team at this point, I guess all I can say is that both teams are lucky to be 2-2..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    In all honesty, if our "normal" defense would have shown up, then I could easily see you're Bills at 1-3 instead of both teams at 2-2.. We played horribly on offense, and just average at best on defense..

The Bills played pretty good on defense, but it was against a offense that played like they didn't have a heartbeat.. While I won't judge either team at this point, I guess all I can say is that both teams are lucky to be 2-2..
    Perhaps. I guess i don't know what you mean by "normal" defense. You guys were on the road against a team that has a lot of talent on offense, regardless of what the 'experts" who don't really get a chance to watch all the games thinks. You held the Bills to 17 points, at home, which is pretty decent. Not bad not great. Yes, Price should not have scored on that singular play but the Bills had several chances to score more and your guys had a pretty decent game. I'm telling you, it'sjust an opinion, but i watch every game/play and Losman is good. Evans is very good. As is McGahee. Sometimes the other team makes plays and it doesn't mean your team stinks. Like I said, i think both teams are probably 2-2. The Vikes overall are probably a better team right now than the Bills but they were on the road, and had played three straight good games.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

yes the bills are a good team.. but its not like playing the redskins in D.C., the game should have been much better, i was looking forward to it, like you said both teams are pretty good.

however.. the vikings played terribly, its nice of you to try and say they played well, but they didnt, amazing field position time after time, and nothing.
    meh.. oh well

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Kelly" wrote:
    First of all, I think both of these teams are 9-7, 7-9 teams. If they get lucky, a little better.The Vikes were probably not as good as 2-1 and the Bills were probably not as bad as 1-2. While that is arguable, what is hard to imagine is the opposite, that the Vikes are 3-1 and the Bills are 1-3. That observation is harder to imagine that the reality, that both teams are 2-2.

The Bills played well. Especially the defense. We had a ton of penalties. You guys stuffed our run as expected. Turnovers, as usual, makes the difference, I am a Losman fan, so I was not surprised by his performance, which was the difference in the game, IMO. It was about time his teammates made plays for him, like Evans and Price.

I was very surprised that the Vikes gave up on the run so early, which I think was their downfall. As a Bills fan, I was happy they did. Because I had no confidence that we could keep it up. Even though we held you guys in check the entire game, we are simply not that great against the run and I think you guys threw too much from play one to the end of the game.

If the Vikes played great, that really would have been a surprise, to everyone. I don't think they are a 3-1 team. They are probably a 9-7 team at the end of the year with a good future. Thanks for endulging me.
    I would have MUCH MORE preferred that you guys would have beaten the Putsies in Week One!!!!
    Now THAT was a game that you guys deserved to win...I F***ing HATE those jerks!!!
    I was actually talking about their know-it-all fans more than the team itself...it's time for them to begin their decline...so that the a**hole Bahston fans will shut up...thank God the Red SUX sucked it up this year and the Celsh*ts aren't gonna be crap!

Good game for you guys...see you around!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Kelly" wrote:

hey man, good game and good posts. i will admit you guys outplayed us fair and square. and you deserved to be the team to come up with the W. but in all honestly i still think that the vikes should be able to pull of a 11-5 finish IF our offense gets better. i still think we outplayed the bears and for that matter all the teams we have played so far except you guys. im hoping that today was just a bad day for us and we can get back to winning football games. but i see us doing even better next year and years to come. thanks for stopping by though, its nice to see some other cool fans. good luck next week, i hope you beat the crap outa the bears!!! and also good luck talking some sense to the obnoxious bears fans ;D

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    yes the bills are a good team.. but its not like playing the redskins in D.C., the game should have been much better, i was looking forward to it, like you said both teams are pretty good.

however.. the vikings played terribly, its nice of you to try and say they played well, but they didnt, amazing field position time after time, and nothing.
    meh.. oh well
    I don't think the Vikes played well. i think they played decent. What I was saying is that the Bills are a pretty decent team and the Bills played pretty well. At home. So they should win a game a home when they play well. If this game was in Mineesota, i think the Vikes probably win by five. I frankly just didn't see the Vikes playing so horribly. The Bills made as big and as many mistakes as the Vikes did. Turnovers are almost always the difference and the Bills didn't make any. If they play the same game tomorrow they probably would.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

It looks to me that we thought oh yea we can hang with da bears no puny little team from buffalo is gonna beat us. obviously we were in for a rude awakining
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Kelly" wrote:

Kelly I wish that I was posting we had beaten your team but that is not the way it went and you guys deserved that game you came out to play and the Vikes did not.

I was impressed with your defense and Buffalo has some young talent that you will enjoy watching for years to come and Losman has the tools and if he can keep it together mentally and become the offensive leader of the team you could have your QB for many years.

Good luck to you and your team, and I hope the rest of the season goes well for you!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast