Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Good column.......

"webmaster" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5257573.html
    Nice article. He makes some good points.

I wonder if he's right about how the other Viking players feel about Moss leaving. Listening to guys like Daunte and Birk the last couple months, I get the feeling he is.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Good column.......

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5257573.html
    Nice article. He makes some good points.

I wonder if he's right about how the other Viking players feel. Listening to guys like Daunte and Birk the last couple months, maybe this will be better for the team.
    While he does make some points, he takes some things out of context and I disagree with his opinions on others.

Moss has no more talent than TO and twice the baggage.

I think a more accurate statement would have been twice the talent, about half the baggage.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Good column.......

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I think a more accurate statement would have been twice the talent, about half the baggage.
    That would be a MUCH more accurate statement!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Good column.......

I, personally, would rather see us pick up a WR in FA and then in the draft pick up defensive help with our first three picks and continue on with the drafting of young defensive talent. Kenechi, Kdub, EJ, DT, Brian Williams, Nattiel they all have less than 5 years under their belts. Add in a couple of savvy veterans like a Johnstone, Winfield and Chavous and that has the potential to be a great defense ala the bucs of a few years ago until they were dismantled. Just my opinion.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Good column.......

I don't agree with that article except the part about it being for money on Reds part. The one thing he doesn't point out about the TO trade is look where the 49er's ended up this year in the NFL after trading him. :roll: Anyone want to bet how much cap money will be left over after FA and the draft this year if Red is still the owner. I hate to say it but I don't think this team is selling this year and we fans just got shafted.

We will end up with a bargain basement coach, offense, defense, front office, and stadium. This was a business deal not a football deal.

WWBGD

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Good column.......

The 9ers lost more than just TO though. They also lost their starting QB, a RB that produced I think almost 1,000 yards (Garner) and they basically had to do a house cleaning because of their cap situation. I think we are a completely different team than that 9ers team and their situation. There is no way we will go 2-14 next year, we still have the pieces, even if our upper management is a bunch of @ssholes and are screwing us (mainly McCombs).

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Good column.......

If we don't pick up Burress or Mason, I might lose my mind.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Good column.......

I agree we won't be as bad off as the 49er's but we just lost a big piece of our offense and we didn't look all that good without Moss last year. Plus we have a new OC that means a new system to learn not to mention that Tice said he will be more hands on in calling plays this year. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not given his challenges and clock management record this last year. We had better find a way to stop the blitz this year because we will see a lot of it now that Moss is gone. We need more than just a WR now that he is gone.

WWBGD

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Good column.......

I've read a thread on here several times about a Purple Pride movie.

I'm starting to get the feeling the Vikings are becoming the Cleveland Indians of the Major League movie.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good column.......

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I, personally, would rather see us pick up a WR in FA and then in the draft pick up defensive help with our first three picks and continue on with the drafting of young defensive talent. Kenechi, Kdub, EJ, DT, Brian Williams, Nattiel they all have less than 5 years under their belts. Add in a couple of savvy veterans like a Johnstone, Winfield and Chavous and that has the potential to be a great defense ala the bucs of a few years ago until they were dismantled. Just my opinion.
    I am with you on this....draft defense...WR in FA or trade...veteran MLB in FA also (give EJ some more time to mature, maybe play him on the outside in 4-3 or ILB in 3-4).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast