Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DaScRuM is offline Rookie

Good column.......

IMO, by Bob Sansevere in the St. Paul Pioneer Press today. I think he pretty much hit the nail on the head.

It's a shame it had to come to this, but it was/is time to move on. It will be interesting to see the direction the draft will go. My guess is they will take a receiver with the first pick, and a defensive player with the second pick of the first round.

For the ones that are still bouncing off their four walls-----it will be ok.

BTW, just a side note. Mike Max stated yesterday that there were only a couple of teams interested in Moss. That's a telling statement. I also heard on a sports show (can't remember which one) that it is highly likely that the Fowler deal will go through. Well, it's going to be an interesting couple of months-------and continuing on, as far as that goes.

Like I stated before, it's a shame it had to come to this, but, I completely understand what they did. I am ready to move on.

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Good column.......

I don't think were going to draft a WR is the 1st rd, that would be a dum move unless we didnt sign either mason, burrus, muhammad, or coles. We need to draft DEFENSE.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Good column.......

"JTSnow" wrote:
    I don't think were going to draft a WR is the 1st rd, that would be a dum move unless we didnt sign either mason, burrus, muhammad, or coles. We need to draft DEFENSE.
    What we need to do is replace Moss. The offense is the Vikings engine, it makes the team go. Our defense sucks. We need to keep the offense at peak level and add defense to make them at least respectable. We must get two quality receivers to replace Moss. I believe Mike Williams at #7 would be an excellent pick.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Good column.......

It makes more sense to me to draft a WR, and pickup proven veteran talent on Defense.

But, heck we should have enough money now to go ahead and get a quality safety, wr, lb, dt, and draft a defensive and offensive stud.

Hey, if we're just cleaning house and getting ready to spend, why don't we trade Bennett for another good first round pick. That would be kind of sweet to have 3 first round picks.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Good column.......

BTW, I don't feel as though that was a good column, but that's just my opinion.

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Good column.......

"XTAP59" wrote:
    "JTSnow" wrote:
    What we need to do is replace Moss. The offense is the Vikings engine, it makes the team go. Our defense sucks. We need to keep the offense at peak level and add defense to make them at least respectable. We must get two quality receivers to replace Moss. I believe Mike Williams at #7 would be an excellent pick.
    but why take a chance on a WR that didnt play for one full year when we can sign a good WR in FA that has already proven that he can make big plays.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Good column.......

Moss is irreplaceable. A guy like that who changes defenses only comes along once in a blue moon, and he won't be replaced in this draft. But, we do need a vertical threat at WR and I see us getting that through the free agency, not the draft. It would make much more sense to use that 7 pick on defense. We won't be getting far in the playoffs until we improve our defense. Still the most glaring need on our team. If we pick up Plax, Mason, or even Housh, we'll be fine at WR.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Good column.......

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5257573.html

Good column.......

The media has no love for Moss.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Good column.......

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Moss is irreplaceable. A guy like that who changes defenses only comes along once in a blue moon, and he won't be replaced in this draft. But, we do need a vertical threat at WR and I see us getting that through the free agency, not the draft. It would make much more sense to use that 7 pick on defense. We won't be getting far in the playoffs until we improve our defense. Still the most glaring need on our team. If we pick up Plax, Mason, or even Housh, we'll be fine at WR.
    Exactly, Moss is going to be irreplaceable and we need to concentrate on D. With Burleson and Robinson and a FA pickup, we will be alright to run what I think TIce wants to run, like 2 TE sets with the TE's catching and blocking. I think Wiggins will be very important next year catching and Kleiny blocking and catching some.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast