Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Good Bye Vikes....Im going with Randy

I, for one, can't believe that this is true - while I believe it is, I am in shock nonetheless. Moss traded for what?!?!?!? Damn you Red *I blow goats* McCombs!!! I guess I'll be ordering that "McCombs Sucks" jersey after all.

That said, I have been a Viking fan since long before Moss arrived. I'll be a Viking fan long after he is gone. For those of you who believe that the Vikings owe you something, get a clue.

You can get angry - I am. You can blast the ownership - I do. You can even kick the cat for all I care (Just don't let the SPCA find out).

HOWEVER, to switch your alliegence over this just shows how deep your colors run. I can't even respect that position because you lack depth, character, and the fortitude to weather the storm.

So, enjoy the Raiders. WHEN (Not IF) we finally win the Superbowl, don't start going on about how much of a hardcore Viking fan you are...you just proved otherwise.

Caine

VikingsFan4Life is offline Waterboy

Hey Moss Lovers....if you go to the KFAN website.. it also states

Profootballtalk.com reported Tuesday that the Raiders had a deal in place Monday to send linebacker Napoleon Harris, a first-round pick and a seventh-round pick to the Vikings for star receiver Randy Moss. However, the Web site reported that Oakland no longer was interested in the deal after re-signing receiver Jerry Porter on Tuesday.

Maybe a trade won't happen now!!!

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I for one would think this isn,t so bad if anyone but red was calling the shots.How much do youy really expect that tightwad to spend in free agency? Or does he even really care?I feel saddened at the loss of Moss.Much like I did when Fran retired or Carter called it a day.If we had a good owner,and all this cap money I would feel optimistic.But I can,t .Not with him in there.To randy,best of luck,I still bleed purple and alwys will,but this does hurt.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Guruzen" wrote:
    While I disagree about leaving the Vikings, I think insomniac has a point. Trading our beloved Moss for so little is a slap in the face for Vikings fans and an insult to Moss's value.

Even a "franchise player" is worth two 1st round picks, and yet we let go of the best WR in the league for only one 1st round and some LB that we could have picked up from free agency.

Any Vikings fan has the right to feel betrayed when their team treats their star player like yesterday's garbage. This is even worse than the Hershel Walker trade... at least we were getting a proven player back then!
    Good, you can join insomniac. Buh bye!

"VikingsFan4Life" wrote:
    Hey Moss Lovers....if you go to the KFAN website.. it also states

Profootballtalk.com reported Tuesday that the Raiders had a deal in place Monday to send linebacker Napoleon Harris, a first-round pick and a seventh-round pick to the Vikings for star receiver Randy Moss. However, the Web site reported that Oakland no longer was interested in the deal after re-signing receiver Jerry Porter on Tuesday.

Maybe a trade won't happen now!!!
    Be careful with these "tabloid" sites. Like the site today that broke the news Shaq was out for the year! Brilliant. They want to be the first to report anything and will take any lead and run with it.

Re: Good Bye Vikes....Im going with Randy

"insomniac" wrote:
    I must say today the Minnesota Vikings slaped me and every Viking fan in the face.

So a big F!!ck you to the vikings..... I am now a raider fan.
    red mccombs is a fucking dick head!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you never win a game again!!!!!!
    WHEN YOUR DOWN WITH RANDY MOSS, YOUR DOWN WITH RANDY MOSS FOR LIFE.

peace out

hello raider nation
    Beat it troll! I would have more respect for you if you came out and said you were not a Viking fan to begin with, loser.

We do not need spineless wads supporting this team. I have more respect for people who stick by the team through thick and thin (even Packer fans) than this jerk off!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

it was actually ESPN that reported the deal breaker yesterday...

Guruzen is offline Starter

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    Listening to KFAN and the outcry of pissed off fans is coming in by the swarms. Vikings fans are pissed, and some are even going as far as holding a candlelight vigil at Winter Park tonight for Moss. It's not like the man died. The fan blacklash of trading Moss is not only going take a hit on the field but off the field too.

Over at Viking Update on their message boards people have said to have "contacted" Winter Park and asked if there was any truth to the trade and have been told nothing is "official" as of yet. There's even a phone number to call and contact Vikings Headquarters.
    This is what I was saying earlier. There is going to be an outcry from loyals and bandwagoners. We are all hurt to some extend.
    We all hurt for different reasons. Bandwagoners hurt because they can no longer brag to their classmates in junior high. Loyal fans hurt because Moss has been an integral part of the team for the past 8 years.

However the thing that hurts most is us getting boned up the a$$ on this deal. The NFL changes and Moss won't be around forever. Most of us can accept this. But when we let him go so willingly and for so little, we can't help but feel a little ripped off. I'm interested to see who was behind this deal. Unlikely to be Tice since he loves Moss. I think it's probably Red knowing that game attendance will drop with Randy gone. Then he will look like a God for selling out all home games while he was around.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456