Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Good Article on Newman

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Napo is in a lose lose situation with the fans, he is expected to be Ray Lewis so he can be the replacement for the GUY we traded away to Oakland, what was his name again. Anyway, his name escapes me, that WR left some pretty big shoes to fill, WHO(which star player) DO WE ROUTE FOR NOW?
    I think that is all it comes down to really. People expect AMAZING things from Napo. It seems to me he goes out there, does his job and is adapting to the learning curve.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Napolean was never expected to be an amazing linebacker. However I'm hearing (haven't SEEN any of the games) that he is struggling in coverage, which really, really sucks. I don't mind if a guy doesn't make a lot of big plays, but I at least expect him not to give up a lot of big plays.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I dont know if i agree with that, good players make plays no matter what situation they are in, look at antoine winfield for example, kevin williams, even Troy Williamson. Those guys came in imediatly and whipped @SS. If Napolean is a good player he should produce right off the bat. He made one good hit in the preseason and thats all i have seen from him.

I'm not asking to bench him BUT i can't imagine and total turn around in the next few weeks. If he does i'll eat a plate of crow.

And why the hell does he look uncordinated when he runs?

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Napolean was never expected to be an amazing linebacker. However I'm hearing (haven't SEEN any of the games) that he is struggling in coverage, which really, really sucks. I don't mind if a guy doesn't make a lot of big plays, but I at least expect him not to give up a lot of big plays.
    I've seen him trailing in some coverage, dropped passes by opossing WR's have covered his behind a couple times. I think the falcons are gonna try to run on us and if EJ's playing there gonna run to Nap's side so it will be a damn good test for him.

Del Rio Guest

And yet I can pick out terrible plays already this year for Winfield. Plays that cost us TD's.

I have seen some very impressive plays by Napo too. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, my only point is people are extreemly over exagerating when they say he is playing poorly.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Let's just say he is playing better than Dontarrious Thomas would be

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Nate showed us some great plays in preseason and he came out and ran bad routes, DC and him were not on the same page, and I don't see anyone busting his chops. Granted Nate is hurt right now but maybe we should be talking about how Taylor and K-Rob should be taking his spot and sitting his butt on the bench. Just trying to make a point. It is easier to point fingers at offensive players than D cause it is more difficult to know what the guys on D are suppose to be doing at all times.

I have faith in both Nate and Napo. Newman is doing great with the role that he is serving on this team. Or maybe Tice and staff should be fired for not using Newman in the right way.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    And yet I can pick out terrible plays already this year for Winfield. Plays that cost us TD's.

I have seen some very impressive plays by Napo too. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, my only point is people are extreemly over exagerating when they say he is playing poorly.
    Winfield has had one considerably bad game in the 18 games he has played with minnesota. Dont even go there, do you remeber what our defense was like last year when he was out for two games., when he came back you could see a significant turn around, do not take ANYTHNG away from Winny. The dude is crazy good in coverage and tackling, i dont believe there is more than three DB's in this league that are better than him.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Let's just say he is playing better than Dontarrious Thomas would be
    Yeah he's another story, one we dont want to get into. He's let me down, especailly this year i thought he was gonna come out and show significant improvment, NOT!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Nate showed us some great plays in preseason and he came out and ran bad routes, DC and him were not on the same page, and I don't see anyone busting his chops. Granted Nate is hurt right now but maybe we should be talking about how Taylor and K-Rob should be taking his spot and sitting his butt on the bench. Just trying to make a point. It is easier to point fingers at offensive players than D cause it is more difficult to know what the guys on D are suppose to be doing at all times.

I have faith in both Nate and Napo. Newman is doing great with the role that he is serving on this team. Or maybe Tice and staff should be fired for not using Newman in the right way.
    Its hard to judge off those games man, the offensive line couldn't hold me back. Nate couldn't even get more than 8 yards down the field. Nobody could. I know nate will bounce back because he's a gamer. Is napo?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast